Home

Back from Community Day!!!

This is a discussion on Back from Community Day!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Back from Community Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
it was nice to meet you TNT...!... BUFFALO !!1!
I have one question...

Is madden SKYNET ready yet?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Ok - so this whole community day stuff is ok I guess. IMHO, the guys who really need to be going to community day are the guys who haven't been buying the game and those of us who are not at all happy with the end result. Sometimes it takes hearing things that you may not like. I remember going to our REALLY big software conference a few years back. I had implemented a large feature for our product. I got some good feedback which was nice, but I also got some guys asking me why I did certain things the way I did and why they didn't like it. You put your ego aside in this business. The negative comments were the ones I was most interested in hearing. Those guys that were upset enabled me to make changes and enhancements that REALLY stepped things up. Needless to say, a few months later, I was getting kudos on public forums for how robust things were.

I can understand the guys who go and the position they are in. They feel enamored with the fact that they flew them down there, gave them all of this stuff, treated them nicely and gave them a good time. Why would you want to criticize them after that? Unfortunately, they need to hear from the guys who are not on the Madden train.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Ok - so this whole community day stuff is ok I guess. IMHO, the guys who really need to be going to community day are the guys who haven't been buying the game and those of us who are not at all happy with the end result. Sometimes it takes hearing things that you may not like. I remember going to our REALLY big software conference a few years back. I had implemented a large feature for our product. I got some good feedback which was nice, but I also got some guys asking me why I did certain things the way I did and why they didn't like it. You put your ego aside in this business. The negative comments were the ones I was most interested in hearing. Those guys that were upset enabled me to make changes and enhancements that REALLY stepped things up. Needless to say, a few months later, I was getting kudos on public forums for how robust things were.

I can understand the guys who go and the position they are in. They feel enamored with the fact that they flew them down there, gave them all of this stuff, treated them nicely and gave them a good time. Why would you want to criticize them after that? Unfortunately, they need to hear from the guys who are not on the Madden train.
They did a few years ago Taz, with Bezo and LBz. I heard that RynoAid confronted the developers for 1.5 days this year.

Hard to tell what went on Taz as we weren't there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They did a few years ago Taz, with Bezo and LBz. I heard that RynoAid confronted the developers for 1.5 days this year.

Hard to tell what went on Taz as we weren't there.
Let me clarify what I meant. It was not meant to knock the guys who go. I'm just acknowledging that it puts them in a tough spot to be REALLY honest. Some guys might have the personality to do it, others might not. However, it's hard for me to have any faith in CD because every year is the same. The same crap is broken in the game along with the same stuff that is flat out absent. Community Day is only going to have an impact if they actually FIX the stuff. Listening is all fine and good, but ACTION is what is needed. I have yet to see it...
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Let me clarify what I meant. It was not meant to knock the guys who go. I'm just acknowledging that it puts them in a tough spot to be REALLY honest. Some guys might have the personality to do it, others might not. However, it's hard for me to have any faith in CD because every year is the same. The same crap is broken in the game along with the same stuff that is flat out absent. Community Day is only going to have an impact if they actually FIX the stuff. Listening is all fine and good, but ACTION is what is needed. I have yet to see it...
this is my first year on Madden. It's natural to feel like you should be the one to go, we all think we have the best ideas and would be the most successful at communicating them. But we can't all go, so you should try and find someone who does go that represents your interests and enjoys the parts of the game that you do and make sure your communicating in a productive manner with them.

that's probably the most productive solution... calling us fanboys and saying we are the hype machine just looks like your hating on people.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 02-20-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I hear you Taz, I hear you, but some of the stuff I don't think you can squarely put on the CD folks. I watched a video by RynoAid and he was real honest.

He said they aren't there for QA purposes, they try to point out bugs that they might see, but there purpose is to respond to the feature set that EA lays out for 13 and bring any ideas or concerns from the community.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

I know of a website that sells a product for another PC game entirely, that doesn't allow negative criticisms. They go so far as to ban anyone who is displeased with their product. That's extreme, but shows what some companies think of negativity.

Now, in no way am I relating this to CD, no way. Just bringing up an example how some companies block their ears and do the "lalalala I'm not listening to you!"

All I hope is that both good and bad input was taken, and M13 is FINALLY the game we've all been waiting for, and that the feedback continues after release. Remember the previous team members who stuck around, but then left these forums when the criticisms became too harsh......

Last edited by Segagendude; 02-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Indeed!

From the onset, I said I was looking forward to meeting TNT. I can say that he's a good dude, very easy to get along with. He's definitely the opposite of how I perceived him to be on the forums.
Giles, you took the words right out of my mouth about TNT. I wasn't sure what to expect, turns out he's a cool dude. Who knew?

It was great to meet you and the others as well man!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »