Home

Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

I'm all for the defense getting alot of attention for 13. The only thing is you are going to get alot of players who are lacking on the offense side of the ball complaining about how tough it is to run or pass instead of working on there game.. But I agree with some of the posters about the interactions between the Dline/Oline and CB/WRs needs to be fixed so the gameplay can look right. But even if that gets fixed you will still get complaints from guys who simply aren't good on offense. Some of the complaints is warranted but some of it is also the USER..
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #74
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

Ill reserve judgement as usual, but its pretty safe to say that I personally wont be buying this game. I bought Madden 12 and once again got burned out too quickly from how boring it was...and not just one aspect of the game.

Seriously, there is too much that needs addressed. Cool that defense is being addressed, but offense, presentation and franchise still need huge upgrades as well before I consider dropping $50 on this game again.

Im at a crossroads right now. Im getting older and would love to see a great football game come out that I can truly enjoy again ala Madden 2004, 2005. But Im also at the age where I dont feel the need to go spend money on a football game just to get my fix.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #75
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm all for the defense getting alot of attention for 13. The only thing is you are going to get alot of players who are lacking on the offense side of the ball complaining about how tough it is to run or pass instead of working on there game.. But I agree with some of the posters about the interactions between the Dline/Oline and CB/WRs needs to be fixed so the gameplay can look right. But even if that gets fixed you will still get complaints from guys who simply aren't good on offense. Some of the complaints is warranted but some of it is also the USER..
I couldn't agree more after reading some of the comments here. I'm constantly reading about too many interceptions in the game, but if you make the right reads and the right throws, it's easy to avoid interceptions. The problem is that the game is too easy, even on All Madden, for offense and defense. By increasing the defensive play and AI QB play, this game would instantly be more fun... for me at least.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
I couldn't agree more after reading some of the comments here. I'm constantly reading about too many interceptions in the game, but if you make the right reads and the right throws, it's easy to avoid interceptions. The problem is that the game is too easy, even on All Madden, for offense and defense. By increasing the defensive play and AI QB play, this game would instantly be more fun... for me at least.
Exactly.. You should see how I have my sliders set up for the CPU just to get some sort of challenge against my passing and rushing.. I have there pass defense maxed out and my USER accuracy at 6 and I only threw 14 INTs in my franchise I believe. Like I said some of the complaints is warranted but alot of it is on the USER lacking on the offensive side of the ball. So I really can't wait to see the improvements to the defense for 13..

BTW check out my sliders too if you are having trouble getting a challenge from the CPU. Trust me they won't disappoint you. The CPU will keep you on your toes with how I have things set up.. Read everything I have to say.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #77
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Exactly.. You should see how I have my sliders set up for the CPU just to get some sort of challenge against my passing and rushing.. I have there pass defense maxed out and my USER accuracy at 6 and I only threw 14 INTs in my franchise I believe. Like I said some of the complaints is warranted but alot of it is on the USER lacking on the offensive side of the ball. So I really can't wait to see the improvements to the defense for 13..

BTW check out my sliders too if you are having trouble getting a challenge from the CPU. Trust me they won't disappoint you. The CPU will keep you on your toes with how I have things set up.. Read everything I have to say.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
I've done sliders in the past and they do help. However, lately I've been almost strictly an online franchise player so I don't have the access to sliders. Still, I may check those out offline a bit later. Thanks.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Old 02-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #78
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
On iPhone can't read while article and I'm sure DJ has already jumped in somewhere and said it but I sure hope the defensive player lock/reverse camera makes it in.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
wait, pass interference is in the game. What about intentional grounding. Giants got 2 points in the biggest game of the year of that penalty. And late hits? There aren't penalties in madden. Com'on man.
For the human player intentional grounding is in the game. If you throw it away while in the pocket it will flag you. Any other pass is not intentional grounding as you are pressing a button to pass to a receiver, therefore removing the intentional part of grounding.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 8

Sit tight guys... the info about defensive changes you seek is coming!!!

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »