Home

Do ratings mean a darn thing?!?

This is a discussion on Do ratings mean a darn thing?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Do ratings mean a darn thing?!?

Well, this is why I mostly play unranked. I wish EA supported unranked a little more. The default options for unranked are so trash.

Over the years I have found a lot more sim style players in unranked games than I have in ranked. You occasionally run into people who are practicing for ranked games, like the player I went up against that caused me to start this thread, but they are the exception... not the rule.

I want to play at least 8 minute quarter games on All-Pro/All-Madden with injuries and fatigue on. Is that so tough? I guess so.

Something TNT and I have in common is our lust for human competition. The difference is, I get really frustrated really quickly with "cheese." I don't care if I make hem quit before the start of the second half because I am destroying them. I just don't want to play against people like that. It isn't fun. I would rather lose 100 close fun games to taz than beat up on cheesers.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

While on the subject of ratings (this is more franchise related), does the injury prone player role override injury ratings? Anyone know? I know, should've remembered to ask while I was down there...

I ask b/c for the life of me, I can't keep DeMarco Murray on the field. He's "injury prone", so I've incremently boosted his injury and toughness ratings in neighborhood of 85-90 for each. And still, he gets dinged up every other game I try to play with him.

I think I'm going to boost his injury rating to 100 and then sim a season just to see if the injury prone role falls off.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
While on the subject of ratings (this is more franchise related), does the injury prone player role override injury ratings? Anyone know? I know, should've remembered to ask while I was down there...
I don't think it necessarily overrides, but it might levy a significant penalty to the rating.

So a 85 INJ player with Injury Prone might effectively be like a 65 in terms of his injury risk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Does ratings matter. For the AI is does not for the most part. Mainly because the AI ratings get a boost just about every game. The odds of the AI int the ball is very good compared to the human user team. That is the main reason I believe that ratings don't matter. I also don't see ratings really matter none for the rest of this Gen. Madden neither.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Something TNT and I have in common is our lust for human competition. The difference is, I get really frustrated really quickly with "cheese." I don't care if I make hem quit before the start of the second half because I am destroying them. I just don't want to play against people like that. It isn't fun. I would rather lose 100 close fun games to taz than beat up on cheesers.

This is how I treat a cheeser: Punch 'em in the chest, when they start crying, hit em with an uppercut, then kick 'em in the pants when they turn to run; or it's football equivalent.

Later
Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Problem is, if the majority of attempts result in interceptions.There would easily be 5-10 per game if not more. There needs to be more off target throws,low and away or more sidelines throws ect ...... But the bigger problem is db's need to go for more swats-breakups attempts. They also need to be able to go up and knockdown any ball so the rocket endzone fades will not be so dominant. There needs to be less interception attempts in general. But in order to keep things balanced there must be more over and under throws.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't think it necessarily overrides, but it might levy a significant penalty to the rating.

So a 85 INJ player with Injury Prone might effectively be like a 65 in terms of his injury risk.
I think you may be correct in the functionality of it.

I think the injury prone role should be driven by the injury rating. If the player is sub-65 in the injury category, then the role should be attached. It wouldn't make any sense to have a guy with a 99 injury rating and have injury prone as a role.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think you may be correct in the functionality of it.

I think the injury prone role should be driven by the injury rating. If the player is sub-65 in the injury category, then the role should be attached. It wouldn't make any sense to have a guy with a 99 injury rating and have injury prone as a role.
I'm just thinking that maybe the 99 injury but injury prone could mean he gets nicked up a lot, but nothing major? I don't know. I still don't understand NFL injuries much.

P.S. For some reason Tony Romo was cleared to play against the 49ers with a fractured rib and punctured lung, but was questionable for the next weeks game?!? Oh, right... player safety... let's sweep that under the rug and never talk about it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »