Home

If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #65
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
I just want something new and innovative instead of clay looking morphing robots playing body bumper cars while ice skating on a flat green plain infront of emotionless pixals and brian dead commentators calling names buy numbers while shotgun sounds go of when the same animated collision occurs after a DB just read the mind of my WR or a super human LB jetpacks 20 feet to bat a ball I intended to throw to a rocket man WR leaping over 5 defenders for a completion I threw across by body while rolling 20 yards away from my throwing arm. There you go Devs. I just gave you the description for the back cover of your next Madden game.
LOL awesome dude. Let's get that on the cover! Man I feel your pain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #66
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I want all the plays to have a realistic success/fail rate (based upon factors like the oppositions play-call & players involved etc).

I feel guilty running slants, but I am scared to run an out pattern. I'll never run a play-action play in a critical situation....been sacked a few too many times before my QB gets out of his animation for that. The playbooks are loaded with End Arounds...those never work for me. These are just a few examples, but the end result is that there just aren't many different plays I end up calling, and the game gets kind of boring.
what's the point of playbooks when everyone only plays 2-5 plays in online ranked matches :/ Seriously though, do we all think gameplay issues are going to fix the major cheesing that takes place in these ranked matches?
Old 02-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

Animations. Some are down right embarrassing for a professional football title.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
what's the point of playbooks when everyone only plays 2-5 plays in online ranked matches :/ Seriously though, do we all think gameplay issues are going to fix the major cheesing that takes place in these ranked matches?
I was coming at it more from a me vs. the CPU perspective. I do try to play realistically, so I do mix up my playcalls....even though I know some of them are likely to fail. And while I suck enough that there are no true money plays for me, there are some that are successful enough that I don't feel right running them too often.

Cheesers will always be there. But balancing out the plays a bit certainly wouldn't hurt.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #69
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
I couldn't just pick out one thing that needs to be changed because there are so many other areas needing improvement. To me, "Madden" is just a mediocre football simulation that could only survive yet because of its exclusive NFL license. I couldn't be more disappointed of this game.
I don't disagree but, that wasn't the point of the original question posted. All of us could make a long list like you did.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 12
Defensive assignments, hands down.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #71
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Just make franchise mode better.

- I do not like how its seems in franchise mode, the game deletes lower rated FA's It seems to get rid of alot good lower rated young players.

- Players, including rookie classes are rated to high.

- Progression still needs some work.

Those are three things that would help me enjoy the game more.

Also I think I like the fake faces a lot more than these generated ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #72
Rookie

lwilkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Presentation –

in game audio, rebuild commentary, fix all sound errors (pops that randomly happen at the worst times), fix player model sizes across the board (accurate body builds to match height and weight), no players walking on air/above playing fields, add missing NFL equipment (horse-collars, gloves, cleats, wrist play-sheets (not ones that reach players’ elbow) / remove wasted accessories (black and white high ankle tape, elbow pads with team color lines, majority of gloves in the game, colored visors, etc…), add actual players of teams to side line and allow them to react with player coming toward sidelines (not the cardboard pictures that are there now), rebuild coach models (make them proportioned to their true heights and weights, give the coached official NFL Team apparel), better play overlay (don’t want to see play art while at the line of scrimmage), less canned animation (on field, sideline, end zone, press box, or anywhere else during game play).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »