Home

How long can you play Madden?

This is a discussion on How long can you play Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How long can you play Madden?

i used be able to play 3-4 games a day but now only time i pop in madden is to create the rookies in the upcoming draft... strange that since i have madden on PS3 i seem play it less then when i had it on ps2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

There really is alot that I like about the game. But for me, it often has a "predetermined vibe" to it that takes away from the immersion.

I love it when a sports game has some variety. Where I can have a 38-31 shootout one day, and a few games later have a 9-6 defensive struggle. And this actually went down in my offline Ravens season this week. On paper, it looks great, but something about just felt off. The shootout was against the Titans. Chris Johnson ran all over me....that is good, he is one of the best RB's, he should be tough. But it was over the top. He had 240 yards on his first 6 carries. After the first one, I was putting 8 in the box, and their line was still creating huge holes. My offense was also ripping off tons of big plays.

The 9-6 game was against the Texans. And again, a great defensive battle where field position and punts were key....that part was great. But it was just extreme. Entering the 4th quarter, I had 12 total yards of offense. It just felt a bit manipulated.

Although I will readily admit that I am a jaded sports gamer dating back to the Atari days, so it may all be in my head?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's hard to say really....I Start, setup my Franchise, sim 1st year to get players in right place n all, I try and play a few games, And i get REALLY bored with it, And i HATE it....I want to play football so bad, I try n try to keep going, But Madden does a very very Poor job of making a player want more, It's Just so plain, once to play a game n back to front office really not much to do, sim to next play game, I Pray n Pray EA will fix it so you can't get enough of playing the game, God do i Pray, like to see a NFL game, that you can't go a day with out playing, or you at Work thinking of what you need to do next in your Franchise,
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm right there with you on this topic. I always want to play with the 49ers and start a franchise until I play a game and then I'm dying for it to be over. Ive never had that feeling in the ps2 days. Next gen has killed my love for football gaming big time.

Funny thing is I just downloaded the demo for madden 10 and I find myself wishing I could update the rosters for it cause there's a few things that feel better to me on it. Players don't feel so twitchy, the camera veiw is way better,the pocket seems better, passing feels better,Qb movement .......I could go on but I might be crazy for thinking so lol.

I just switched back to madden 12 and there are just thing that make me want to snap this disc in half. The Qb movement is disgusting compared to 10. Eli feels like Mike Vick in 12. I don't feel no weight to the player. Really wish they'd go back to madden 10 cameras.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

You know...every game has flaws....and some may have less than others...but I find it funny that non-sports games,the flaws are completely ignored. I play Assissin's creed and LA Noire. The amount of unrealistic things that happen...guys scaling building after building, leaping to another and grabbing onto a brick..etc. But I just enjoy the story.

I think I can honestly say that the flaws in Madden....and I can name plenty dont' bother me. I prefer to look at what the game does well. Which is also plenty. When i have time I play 2 games per night. Each game lasts about an hour. I can play 3 games straight and that's about it...mostly because I find by my 4th game, I'm not able concentrate as well and throw 7 picks in the first half and turn it off at that point. This year's madden was the best ever I thought...not my favorite madden grant you, but the graphics, extras and good gameplay have me looking forward to next year (assuming they continue to improve....a big assumption I realize)....I just wish they had the franchise stuff from Madden 07.....and I may be the only one who wants the Tony Bruno show, halftime report and "extra point show" back or at least some version related to it. I thought it added something.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
You know...every game has flaws....and some may have less than others...but I find it funny that non-sports games,the flaws are completely ignored. I play Assissin's creed and LA Noire. The amount of unrealistic things that happen...guys scaling building after building, leaping to another and grabbing onto a brick..etc. But I just enjoy the story.

I think I can honestly say that the flaws in Madden....and I can name plenty dont' bother me. I prefer to look at what the game does well. Which is also plenty. When i have time I play 2 games per night. Each game lasts about an hour. I can play 3 games straight and that's about it...mostly because I find by my 4th game, I'm not able concentrate as well and throw 7 picks in the first half and turn it off at that point. This year's madden was the best ever I thought...not my favorite madden grant you, but the graphics, extras and good gameplay have me looking forward to next year (assuming they continue to improve....a big assumption I realize)....I just wish they had the franchise stuff from Madden 07.....and I may be the only one who wants the Tony Bruno show, halftime report and "extra point show" back or at least some version related to it. I thought it added something.
Madden 07 offseason franchise stuff was cool.

What I have always hoped for was to incorporate HC09 into Madden.
Maybe an updated version of HC and M13 as standalone products in which the user plays franchise games as they do now then import results to HC for franchise stuff.
I am no programmer but wouldn't creating a far more realistic indepth franchise mode as a seperate game possibly free up disc space on Madden???......... which could then be allocated to gameplay!!

Some may dissagree but I would gladly pay $120 for this.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I also don't recall Bethesda's motto for Fallout 3 being "If it's in the nuclear wasteland, it's in the nuclear wasteland."

I don't remember Bioware saying, "Everything you see during a blight" when making Dragon Age Origins.

I don't remember the motto for Mass Effect being "True to Mass Effect relays. True to Specters. True to saving the universe."

When was the goal of L.A. Noir to be "The most authentic crime scene investigation game to date?"

When I play Battlefield 3 and pull out defibrillators and revive a teammate who died a few seconds ago, I don't scream realisim becasue that is a core mechanic of the game. It is supposed to be in there. EA is trying to make a football game. That's it. Football. I am SURE it isn't easy... but that isn't an excuse. Madden could and should be a lot better than it is, but it isn't.

I am enjoying 12 right now. I went through some frustrations moving back to Madden from playing APF2k8 recently [just got M12 jut over a week ago] but I am enjoying it. Playing people online is fun. Messing with sliders and playing coach mode franchise is fun... but I just can't turn a blind eye to it's very visible flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

You definitely have to have some imagination to look past a couple of little oddities that pop up over the course of a game or games. But for me there isn't anything that's a deal breaker yet. I'm using a modified version of playmakers slider set and I'm loving the games I'm getting right now. I'm in season 3 of my franchise and it's still really fun and interesting for me. Each game has a different feel and I mostly feel like I'm getting organic results and that's a first for the madden franchise IMO.

I also don't seem to see the problems in the passing game that most do. Every now and again there's a play where you kind of go, wtf, but it's not consistent for me. You really have to be mindful of the pressure sensitive controls. You really need to know when use medium pressure, light pressure to lob one up, and when its ok to fire a bullet. If you get good at that, passing becomes a lot of fun. I complete about 68-72 percent of my passes with Rodgers which is spot on SIM.

So to get to the point, I'm really enjoying Madden 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »