Home

How long can you play Madden?

This is a discussion on How long can you play Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How long can you play Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I also don't recall Bethesda's motto for Fallout 3 being "If it's in the nuclear wasteland, it's in the nuclear wasteland."

I don't remember Bioware saying, "Everything you see during a blight" when making Dragon Age Origins.

I don't remember the motto for Mass Effect being "True to Mass Effect relays. True to Specters. True to saving the universe."

When was the goal of L.A. Noir to be "The most authentic crime scene investigation game to date?"
Don't hate the game because they pay for the best marketing money can buy. LOL

Later
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Still love the game and am having a great mix of game types offline. I'll play this one through next year's release up till patch #2 drops and the game plays like it should. It's the only game I play that long continuously.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
I am no programmer but wouldn't creating a far more realistic indepth franchise mode as a seperate game possibly free up disc space on Madden???......... which could then be allocated to gameplay!!
Didn't they basically try a "franchise mode only" game with HC?

I mean, I LOVE HC 09. Made me wish I had gotten it...back in 09, but I guess it just didn't make it?

That said, I love the idea 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #36
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Are you talking about in one sitting?

If you're talking just how long until you don't feel like playing...well, I'm 8 years deep into my franchise and I don't get to play more than 1 or 2 games a day (and sometimes none like this weekend) so it's been a decent amount of time.

Yeah, playing with sliders and stuff expose the flaws. I hear that and 100% agree with it. But I still play my franchise(s), post in the franchise thread, keep up with my players, etc.

I think I'm able to still get some enjoyment out of it even with the flaws. Final Fantasy XIII-2 isn't perfect, but the flaws don't make me tired of the game. Same for other games like Kohan II or Dynasty Warriors, etc.

As long as I can enjoy the game (any game), I'll keep playing it while still acknowledging the downfalls, flaws, and issues in the game.
Yeah same here, I'm in season 5 in my franchise, and every now and then I play one game or two. I can't play anymore than that in one sitting, but I do keep up with my franchise as much as I can. Sure the game has it's flaws, but I believe the improvements made in Franchise mode kinda saved this year's game for me.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I mean, I LOVE HC 09. Made me wish I had gotten it...back in 09, but I guess it just didn't make it?

I really love everything about HC09 except one thing. And it really is a biggie. The actual gameday. It is just so poor. It killed the games replay value for me (I have not touched it in a long time). The on field action is just blech. Everything else is fantastic. The entire GM aspect is fantastic. I saw elements of that in Madden 12 and hope Josh get's even more support to add and tune Madden 13's franchise mode even more.

Anyway Madden 12 is a solid game of football on and off the field. I expect Madden 13 to build upon it and be even better.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #38
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Don't hate the game because they pay for the best marketing money can buy. LOL

Later
I thought the saying was "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Hrmm...
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Yep, love that game, still fire it up from time to time but it is feeling kind of dated.
Has always been somewhat of a mystery to me as to why EA could not combine the two??
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I thought the saying was "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Hrmm...

But what happens when you hate the game, and dislike the player some too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
Yep, love that game, still fire it up from time to time but it is feeling kind of dated.
Has always been somewhat of a mystery to me as to why EA could not combine the two??
Probably because changing the Madden setup would be too much. Like the varying OVR, adding the PRO rating, the far better FA and contract talks - it wouldn't fit as neatly in the Madden structure.

Some stuff they should have borrowed, though, like the trade AI that will rip you off it can, but then sometimes you can strike a bargain too - all depends on the situation and your GM abilities learned. The scouting could have been taken into 12 now that the combine, etc, are broken out into their own phases. I guess maybe that's some "HC influence" there, but would have LOVED if it used the same scouting grades that related to ratings instead of just opening up the ratings.

But I digress...

Last edited by KBLover; 03-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »