Home

What's the difference?

This is a discussion on What's the difference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What's the difference?

By strict definition, you're a gamer. But these days, everyone is a gamer. People all over play Words with Friends on their iPhones, or Farmville on Facebook. Those are games, and the people who play them are gamers.

What's wrong with being a gamer? I'm 31 years old, and I take pride in the fact that I'm still a bit of a "kid." So you're a gamer, big deal.

Today's "gamer" is NOT this:

Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

I'd rather be called a gamer.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

SMH........it is 2012 and you still have dudes offended over being called a gamer ? I don't care if you only play Madden or only play Farmville, you are a gamer. I expect this kind of childish behavior from grade school kids or even freshmen high school kids, but not from a grown man.

Nothing wrong with being a gamer. Even if you only play Madden, isn't Madden a VIDEO GAME ? Therefore if you bought it, buy it regularly, play it regularly, you are a gamer because you do it on a regular basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

You are a gamer no question.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

youre def a gamer, or you wouldnt be on this site. ur just not as deep into the gaming "matrix" as u could be. now my big bro...he plays madden primarily like u. he does play mlb the show a lil bit, but i could never get him in all these yrs to play any other type of games. even when he had a modded ps2 with stacks of free games, he never even cared to play em. nor would he ever go to the web to learn about games or to talk bout em, so i cant call him a gamer.

u took the extra step to sign up and be on OS...so u crossed the line into definite gamer territory. its whatever tho...no biggie. but i feel u on not wanting the gamer label cuz it basically means ur a HUGE nerd to anyone not a gamer cuz theyre clueless. labels come with too many preconceived notions and inaccuracies...which is why i hate em and dont use em. ah well such is life...it is what it is fellow "gamer"
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

LOL people still get insulted over that these days? There are professional athletes that spend most of their free time playing Call of Duty and Madden. Baseball teams have Xbox in the clubhouse. It is not 1996 anymore.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

To an extent you are but not a serious gamer. If you like myself only play 1 or just sparts games you are really not a serious gamer. So you're both right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Scary I had that same ducktales poster on my wall growning up too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Being a gamer in todays world is like owning a computer. Everyone has a of computer of some form. Everyone is a gamer to some degree just some much more than others. The fact people still see the term as a slam is beyond me. When I was younger I was a hardcore gamer. I was also a jock, most of my friends were gamers as well. I'm also a comic book geek always have been. Just cause you are a gamer or love comics, or books, or movies, or music, etc. it doesn't matter the spectrum it's the doing of said thing.

You play a ton of Madden, that makes you a gamer, not a hardcore gamer but a gamer nonetheless. You also delve completely into Madden on all fronts which makes you a Madden geek. Is there anything wrong with that? No. Should you take offense to it? No.

Unless you buy into the outdated notion that those things make you a loser it shouldn't bother you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »