Home

madden 13 halftime show

This is a discussion on madden 13 halftime show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: madden 13 halftime show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshawnLynch
why must madden 13 have this ?? most/all will watch it one 1-2 times then skip it i see no point in adding this when EA knows we will skip it just like madden 05 add half time show i just skipped it .
I think it needs a half-time show. Madden lags so far behind other sports games in the overall presentation package it's ridiculous. If done right, as well, it could actually enhance the game - a halftime show where keys to the second half are pointed out, where tendencies are described - a breakdown of what actually happened in the first half. NCAA has those awesome low angle replays that would be awesome in a Madden halftime/post-game show, NFL Films style of presentation.

It's not as bad with M12 as in previous versions but eventually Madden gets stale. The presentation is similar with every single game. The half-time show would add some variety and there are plenty of other things as well that would also go some way to achieving that. There are deals with NFL and ESPN that are pitifully underused for whatever reason.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Halftime show with full highlights with commentary breaking down those highlights. If your playing season mode or franchise, the halfitme show should include highlights of other games going on around the league, player of the month, other awards, etc. No excuse for this not to be in a NFL game at this point. For those who don't care for it you can just skip through it if you like. I want the full NFL experience and this part of the presentation has been missing in Madden.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #19
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I think this would work better as a weekly show (like the extra point only better) than a halftime show. I don't really want a long show every halftime that is just showing stuff from games in progress.
When I am in a game I want to worry about that game and then I can sit back and enjoy a show of everything that happened around the league afterwards.
Even in real life the halftime show and highlights are very very rushed and weekly recap shows are more in depth.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I hate when Madden gamers say " why presentation?? why have a halftime show?? why have cut scenes??? im just gonna skip it after the first 2 times i see it, bla bla bla bla!"

You skip it because EA doesnt make it interesting. If the halftime show was an exact replica of an espn halftime show, just like 2k did it, it would be more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
The Chris Berman hafltime show and weekly Sportscenter are things I miss from 2K5. EA could easily expand upon The Extra Point.
Generally speaking, I think our attention span is not what it was 8 years ago when 2K5 came out. As much as I enjoy presentation (and I do), creating an in-studio personality, recording X amount of lines, and having a halftime show that lasts 3 minutes or so is not necessary.

I think people look at 2K5 as the blueprint for a halftime show and while it was very good, I don't know how much bang-for-their-buck will EA get out of that today i.e. will the amount of people who actually watch the show warrant the development costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I would only care for something like this in my online dynasty. I loved 2k5 and thought the halftime show was the best thing in sports videogaming, but in nba 2k i skip it every time.
Contrarily, I think NBA2K has the right idea. The show is brief, it highlights the important team/individual stats, the voice-overs are well done, and it shows a couple highlights. Even for those who don't have the desire to sit idle and watch a show could probably sit through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
NCAA has those awesome low angle replays that would be awesome in a Madden halftime/post-game show, NFL Films style of presentation.
If they were to add any sort of halftime show, then it's critical that the camera angles come from the broadcast camera. You could argue that the fancy low/high angles are what they use in M12, and I think that contributes to the montage feeling.

Halftime shows IRL are shown from the broadcast perspective. If authenticity is the goal, then EA has to follow suit IMO.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
If they were to add any sort of halftime show, then it's critical that the camera angles come from the broadcast camera. You could argue that the fancy low/high angles are what they use in M12, and I think that contributes to the montage feeling.

Halftime shows IRL are shown from the broadcast perspective. If authenticity is the goal, then EA has to follow suit IMO.
What separates those low angle cameras from the tv camera angle is the 3D grass. From high angle cameras the grass just looks ugly in some cases. The beauty of those low cameras is that it brings out the 3D and again, I think NCAA has taken better advantage of that than Madden. I don't necessarily think that the television camera angle is the best angle from which to see a Madden play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
What separates those low angle cameras from the tv camera angle is the 3D grass. From high angle cameras the grass just looks ugly in some cases. The beauty of those low cameras is that it brings out the 3D and again, I think NCAA has taken better advantage of that than Madden. I don't necessarily think that the television camera angle is the best angle from which to see a Madden play.
I think most of us prefer true broadcast presentation vs "beyond broadcast" though. If broadcast looks worse, then they should make it look better. Not band aid it with impossible camera angles imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »