Home

RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise......

This is a discussion on RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

For some reason many people feel (Not refering to the guy you was talking to)
that he is a runner Qb and not much of a pocket passer. Which is way off. This guy is a pocket passer ,but being that he can run also. They will call plays to take advantage of that, but please give this kid his due repsect. The kids can throw a great football.

This is going to be the draft where a nice line of QB's will be coming out. Kind of like when Eli, Phillip, and Big Ben all came out.

This year is going to be very exciting, and to answer the question. They will both be very successful in the NFL.
It just tells me they haven't watched RG3 play if they think he's a runner first. Just like you said he's a pocket passer that can run very fast. He only scrambles when he has too. I'm going to hate seeing this guy in my division for the next 10 plus years.. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It just tells me they haven't watched RG3 play if they think he's a runner first. Just like you said he's a pocket passer that can run very fast. He only scrambles when he has too. I'm going to hate seeing this guy in my division for the next 10 plus years.. Haha!
I have Redskins fan at work. Just like a lot of other people He assumed RG3 was a running QB, and can't throw from the pocket. I told him that he needs to get on the web and see footage of this kid, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I then told him that RG3 is going to be a special player in the NFL. He swore up and down that was not going to Happen and that the Redskins will go after M.Flynn, and should

I told him well I hope your 100% right and that I'am !00% wrong, because I dont want to see this Kid in my division , but sad enough that is not going to happen.

Well then a week later this guy comes back to me, and starts smiling from ear to ear. Telling me on how happy he is that the Redskins are going after RG3. He admitted to me that he thought he was just a running QB and not a accurate passer. After watching all those videos he learned how impressive RG3 was.

Now I really want to be a fan of RG3 , but how can I if he goes to the Redskins . I really hope and pray that the Colts take him, and the Redskins have Luck.

I want to enjoy watching RG3 and see him succeed!!!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I personally believe both will be upper caliber quarterbacks.

JaMarcus Russell and Robert Griffin had a 180 in attitudes. If I remember right, Russell was cocky and arrogant and Griffin has largely been backed off and level headed. Griffin is extremely intelligent as is Luck, both have mobility while Luck will have a more productive rookie year because of running a semi-pro system in Stanford. I feel that the difference between the two will become negligible as time goes on, RG3 might even pass him in around four years, until he is in his early 30's when mobility starts to wear off. (RG3 is much more elusive).

Luck needs to be careful though, he can't be trying to make big hits on interceptions like he did in college. (I think it was Luck). Look at Jay Cutler, same situation and he is gone for the year and the Bears were done.

This is the first year I feel both QB prospects will be great. I'd really love to see RG3 succeed and I'd have no issue with Luck succeeding as well, I just wished he went to a team that wasn't a consistent powerhouse aside from one down year. I do like to see some changes in the NFL hierarchy. It gets old seeing the Pats/ Colts AFC Championship game hype every year.

I do feel though that the Skins will make the playoffs this season while the Colts will be around a 10 pick in the draft. They lost a lot more this offseason for what they gained.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Before Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, the Pats and Colts use to be the jokes of the NFL. Hell I am old enough to remember when the Bills were Super Bowl contenders every year, same thing with the Raiders and the Rams. But every 15 years it seems the powers fall and losers become powers. This hold true in most sports.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well... I just watched 3 games with RG3 and Luck and I have to say RG3 is a monster OMG, I heard he was good but after watching this guy play again OMG... this dude is clutch, this guy can throw the ball.

I dont get were people are saying Luck is anywhere near this guy, I'm not a QB expert but I'd have to say Luck is out matched. Lucked look to me like an avg college QB then There's RG3, he is NOT a running QB in the games I watched he only ran maybe 3 times each game and that was because no one was open, he is FAST I kinda wish he would run more.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon8
Well... I just watched 3 games with RG3 and Luck and I have to say RG3 is a monster OMG, I heard he was good but after watching this guy play again OMG... this dude is clutch, this guy can throw the ball.

I dont get were people are saying Luck is anywhere near this guy, I'm not a QB expert but I'd have to say Luck is out matched. Lucked look to me like an avg college QB then There's RG3, he is NOT a running QB in the games I watched he only ran maybe 3 times each game and that was because no one was open, he is FAST I kinda wish he would run more.
Because Luck has comparable skills to RG3 in everything except speed...and Luck isn't slow by any stretch of the imagination. Luck has been running a pro offense at Stanford his entire career, has shown tremendous ability to buy time in the pocket, has shown excellent decision making, and has been calling a lot of his own offense for the better part of the last 3 years of his college career, so you add in a cerebral element to all his physical gifts.

There's a reason these draft guys believe this dude is the best prospect since Elway. Saying Luck looks like an average college QB implies a lack of understanding what you were seeing in his film. Now again, don't get me wrong...RG3 is the truth man, but if your asking me to bet on who I think will be the more successful pro, I'm going with the guy who's been getting compared to Peyton and Elway for the last 4 years and has been just as impressive as RG3.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

here's my opinion...neither will be a superstar in the NFL. Luck will be the better of the two due to steady play and a better understanding of the pro game (due to his college offense). RG3 will be good but not great. I predicted the same about Cam Newton and so far I'm wrong but I still think in the end he's not a good enough all around passer and reader of defenses. Luck lacks the great arm strength to make some throws IMO....but i'm not saying either will suck. Both will be capable of winning a title....I'm just seeing two hall of famers there....not that it's easy to see in anyone....just my opinion...maybe they like Cam Newton will continue to prove me wrong.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #32
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

Luck for sure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »