Home

RG3 to be highest rated rookie in madden 13 and madden history?? with 88 or 89 rating

This is a discussion on RG3 to be highest rated rookie in madden 13 and madden history?? with 88 or 89 rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
RG3 to be highest rated rookie in madden 13 and madden history?? with 88 or 89 rating

Robert Griffin III will immediately turn the Redskins into one of the most used teams in Madden NFL 13. Ratings guru Donny Moore has already gone on record that RG3 may enter the game as the highest rated rookie in the history of the Madden franchise. I find that a bit hard to fathom though – QBs generally have a tougher time transitioning than other positions and that is why even the top ones have started out in the high 70s or low 80s.
In order to be the highest rated rookie ever he would have to come in at 88 or 89 overall. There are just too many established upper-tier QBs in that range already to figure that a rookie could come in rated at, or above, their current standing. He may be the most effective rookie in Madden ever – but he shouldn’t be the highest rated one.

wow if donny rates him that high def will see the redskins being one top online teams in 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: RG3 to be highest rated rookie in madden 13 and madden history?? with 88 or 89 ra

89?

Sheez. Unless that's all his jacked up SPD/ACC/AGI/ELU ratings and maybe THP, that's a bit much?

Either that or it's a sign that M13 will have "elevated" ratings once again - or else he's going to just dwarf a lot of QBs?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: RG3 to be highest rated rookie in madden 13 and madden history?? with 88 or 89 ra

I still think the best thing they ever did was to stretch the ratings in 10.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Another example of EA needing to differentiate between OVR and other ratings, imo. If by this Donny Moore means RG3 will be the highest rated team valued rookie in Madden history cool because no doubt his is a highly coveted in the NFL but not some automatically solid player based on his skills, just coming into the league.

This is the problem I have with Madden having it's own unique systems or whatnot, that are seemingly completely separate from the real NFL. If OVR was clearly understood and programmed to be a Value rating, this announcement and even future busts like Russel, Leaf or Shuler could still understandably have high OVRs as rookies.

EDIT*-Almost forgot, before someone replies with "OVR is already a value rating", please kindly explain to me why it's the same for ALL teams then.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

The thing is that if you take a QB who's rated fairly high for a rookie, say like 82 or 83, probably in the range Andrew Luck will be and then you combine that with incredible physical skills along the lines of Michael Vick, you can expect to see a bump of like 3 or 4 points in overall rating. This leaves him in the overall range of 85 and higher. While it may sound inflated, it's good to say that they won't be lowering his awareness because of his physical skills. EA used to lower player's awareness or other mental attributes if they had great physical skills, so they wouldn't get inflated overall ratings. WHile it's good to see that they've probably stopped doing that, 88 or 89 does sound incredibly high for a rookie. But if that what they feel he's rated, then I'm not going to complain. You can bet you'll see a lot of people using the Redskins on Madden 13. Look at how many people use the Panthers because of Cam Newton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Im shocked I would have bet the house it would have been Luck all the way. RG3 is a great player I personally like him over Luck but I think both are future all pros
Old 03-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Let's remember first off that overall rating means NOTHING outside of trade to/by cpu value. Absolutely nothing it has no effect in game. Highest rated ever was reggie bush I think at 86 overall. Do we really want them to not give a true representation of the players attributes just to lower the overall.rating? The guy will most likely have 94-98 speed AND acceleration based off of his on field play and history on the track (dam near world class sprinter). Based off of his last year in college his throwing power will be at least 88 and the only knock on his accuracy is the deep ball. Throwing on the run will probably be 85 plus but playaction will be low. Awareness should be no higher than 60 since he hasn't played in a pro style offense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I still think the best thing they ever did was to stretch the ratings in 10.
Except for speed yes!!!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »