Home

Why Colts are OVR 70 ?

This is a discussion on Why Colts are OVR 70 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1
Why Colts are OVR 70 ?

Probably a newbie question.

I just noticed that if you update the rosters the Colt's team OVR decreases from 85 to 70. I didn't see any particular change in players OVRs to justify this (Manning and the others are still there), any idea ?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why Colts are OVR 70 ?

If you release Manning and sign him back you'll see the real Colts rating which is 84 Donny just lowers the team ratings according to their season but it's never the real rating of the team b/c he doesn't decrease players enough
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

what ive always noticed is that its because the rosters have the starters who are replacing injured players and the teams rating only goes off of who the starters are...i could be wrong but whenever i download the rosters i just auto reorder all of the teams and there OVR becomes what it should be barring no injuries
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

If you want to see the team's real OVR rating [does it matter?] you can start a franchise and without even picking a team, just scroll through and take a look.

The Play Now ratings is manipulated and just the opinion of Donny. The Colts went like 2-14 or something terrible like that, so he made them one of the worst teams in the game.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
what ive always noticed is that its because the rosters have the starters who are replacing injured players and the teams rating only goes off of who the starters are...i could be wrong but whenever i download the rosters i just auto reorder all of the teams and there OVR becomes what it should be barring no injuries
This.

If someone is on the IR, they are moved down or out of the depth chart and the only players who "Overall" matters is who's actually starting.. So going from a 98 overall quarterback to a 60 something quarterback (just guessing, haven't played Madden in a while), it will change the "Team Overall".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

It goes off the depth chart. Manning isn't starting so they suck. They have nothing on the entire team except for Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Mathis and Bethea.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

I traded Manning in My chise and they went to 71 so that's why even though he is on the team he is not being counted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »