Home

Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

This is a discussion on Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'm not saying it isn't playable, or too difficult. I'm saying that, from a technical standpoint, the CPU does cheat. It has to cheat. This isn't an indictment against the AI or EA, this is a reality of video games. It's simply a technical reality. That's what I'm saying. All-Madden doesn't "play fair."
Have you tried all-madden this year? Alot people who felt like you do about all-madden on 10-11 don't feel like that this year. They made All-Madden for the casual gamers on 12. I don't feel like its cheating when I can do anything I want and I'm not talking about using cheap tactics. I play real football.. There are a couple of areas like the drop passes and dropped INTs and the CPUs pass block that has to be tuned on All madden but everything else is fine on All-madden. The USER is not limited and the CPU is not overpowering.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 03-23-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Have you tried all-madden this year? Alot people who felt like you do about all-madden on 10-11 don't feel like that this year. They made All-Madden for the casual gamers on 12. I don't feel like its cbeating when I can do anything I want and I'm not talking about using cheap tactics. I play real football.. There are a couple of areas like the drop passes and dropped INTs and the CPUs pass block that has to be tuned on All madden but everything else is fine on All-madden. The USER is not limited and the CPU is not overpowering.
What do you mean when you say all-madden is for casual gamers?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
What I mean is they toned it down from previous maddens to make it playble for the casual gamers from all the complaints from people saying it cheats on that level.. That is why you don't hear too much complaining about All-Madden this year like you have in years past.. You still have to know what you are doing in order to handle it though.. But default all-madden is alot easier this year then it was 10-11..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Maybe he means that before, default All-Madden would be like playing on a harder version of his black set where CPU isn't unfair per se (technical semantics aside from a programming standpoint), but the CPU players are more likely to pull off super-human, WTF-no-way-that-could-happen kind of thing, and you have to play perfect - and even then it might not be enough, leading to the "determined I would lose" mindset.

Now, it might be more like his Red set - a little more laid back, but if you get sloppy, make bad decisions, or just have a bad team, you can still get it handed to you on a silver platter with a "thank you, come again" card on top.

I don't know what All-Madden was like in M10 and didn't get M11, but it's not TOO bad in M12, if you get sliders that level things off some so you get a challenge without getting killed. In fact, now, you can almost "recreate" All-Pro, but use the All-Madden level CPU, which makes the game play better overall since All-Pro CPU is annoying with some of the silly decisions it makes.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Maybe he means that before, default All-Madden would be like playing on a harder version of his black set where CPU isn't unfair per se (technical semantics aside from a programming standpoint), but the CPU players are more likely to pull off super-human, WTF-no-way-that-could-happen kind of thing, and you have to play perfect - and even then it might not be enough, leading to the "determined I would lose" mindset.

Now, it might be more like his Red set - a little more laid back, but if you get sloppy, make bad decisions, or just have a bad team, you can still get it handed to you on a silver platter with a "thank you, come again" card on top.

I don't know what All-Madden was like in M10 and didn't get M11, but it's not TOO bad in M12, if you get sliders that level things off some so you get a challenge without getting killed. In fact, now, you can almost "recreate" All-Pro, but use the All-Madden level CPU, which makes the game play better overall since All-Pro CPU is annoying with some of the silly decisions it makes.

It wasn't that tough but default All-Madden on 11 was tougher then it is now.. The main reason why 12 is easier then the past few Maddens is because of the CPUs poor run defense.. It was much tougher to run the ball on 10-11.. On 12 you can go out there and run with almost anybody and get busy.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
That is why I use custom sliders. I want a slider set that does the best it can at respecting the ratings. That is more important to them than a "challenge."
I think respecting the ratings is only half the battle though (at least for me).

When I played between All-Pro and All-Madden via sliders, I'd rarely lose to the CPU. Most of that could probably be attributed to the ratings. Romo is rated a notch below elite, decent stable of RBs, and talent at the TE/WR positions. So while my customized sliders might've respected the ratings, I wasn't getting the challenge I wanted offensively or defensively for that matter.

That's why I've transitioned to a slighty modified version of All-Madden. A 75 rated WR isn't as reliable in All-Madden as he may be in All-Pro.

Ratings certainly must carry a great deal of weight, but equally important for me is difficulty -- at least so that I care more about pursuing those 80+ rated players in my franchise.

Much like the other discussions on OS, All-Madden/ratings are all a matter of perspective.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I think respecting the ratings is only half the battle though (at least for me).

When I played between All-Pro and All-Madden via sliders, I'd rarely lose to the CPU. Most of that could probably be attributed to the ratings. Romo is rated a notch below elite, decent stable of RBs, and talent at the TE/WR positions. So while my customized sliders might've respected the ratings, I wasn't getting the challenge I wanted offensively or defensively for that matter.

That's why I've transitioned to a slighty modified version of All-Madden. A 75 rated WR isn't as reliable in All-Madden as he may be in All-Pro.

Ratings certainly must carry a great deal of weight, but equally important for me is difficulty -- at least so that I care more about pursuing those 80+ rated players in my franchise.

Much like the other discussions on OS, All-Madden/ratings are all a matter of perspective.
I agree. That is why I try to find some sort of balance for both. If I set up my sliders to where I was only looking to respect ratings the CPU will have no chance simply because the USER is smarter then the CPU and that isn't fun for me.. I want to go into games not knowing if I'm going to win or not. It's not fun smashing the CPU every game just because I want the ratings to matter. I have to give them some kind of boost to compete.. In real life a low rated player will win the battle against a player he shouldn't sometimes.. I don't want players playing like robots out there. That's why it doesn't bother me like it does others when I see it happen sometimes on the game. I like to go into every game like it's any given sunday.. I want to have a balance with stats and ratings along with the challenge.. I like to earn my wins..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 03-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

Wait, are you trying to tell me that if Romo was healthy and didn't throw games away, that your team would be a playoff contender? What are the odds? That was my problem when playing franchise the last several years.

When I played franchise with my 49ers, I didn't turn the ball over all the time, had what I thought were god game plans and played tough defense... and went 10-6 or better only to watch the real life 49ers struggle to go 6-10. When they finally got thier act together, they were on the door step of the Super Bowl. In a way, last year felt god not only as a 49ers fan, but as a justification to how I felt about my team and how I play. I don't ant the game to be hard for the sake of being hard. I want my players and their ratings to matter. I don't want to feel cheated.

Quote:
You're right. I have a defense with a stacked front 7 and a decent but slow secondary. My offense is pretty one dimensional and it gets it's passing yards through play action and/or it's two Tight Ends. Tempo Tempo Tempo.

If I win the SUper Bowl with my 49ers, it won't feel "wrong" anymore. My problem will be the question "how much success is too much success?" If I improve my team through the draft and free agency, and win more Super Bowls, when does it become unfun and ridiculous? On the other hand, why even ask that until I get there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »