Home

From an EA perspective

This is a discussion on From an EA perspective within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I agree. As a business, the makers of madden are geniuses. They can make money even if all they did was give roster updates. I will support these guys til the day I die.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: From an EA perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
SOCOM was also an established brand. SOCOM created online console gaming. SOCOM was the number 1 PS2 era franchise for online play. I will grant that Sony and Zipper never really advertised their game, which is why I find it hard to believe it sold over 2.5 million copies in a year (this is 2002 mind you).

My point with that comparison is that nothing is too big to fail.

Its hard to say with such limited information but I agree M13 looks to be going is a decent direction.
Man, i miss SOCOM II, and 3.. Those were the days man, i still haven't gotten the same enjoyment out of an online game yet. Call of Duty held me but not like Socom.. "He's Campin in the Donut Room!"

As far as madden is concerned it seems there heading in the right direction, and i'm hoping for a realistic and competitive simulation of the sport. I think EA knows what's up
Old 03-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
SOCOM created online console gaming.
Sega and their Dreamcast would say otherwise.

Or if you want, you can even go back to the Sega Saturn's Netlink.

Or even further back with Xband on the SNES and Genesis.

SOCOM may have helped popularize online gaming on consoles, but it definitely didn't create it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

SOCOM may have helped popularize online gaming on consoles, but it definitely didn't create it.
Man, many of people quit or lost their jobs playing socom lol, "kualabahn" (however its said). I don't think a lot of people know that socom 1&2 feeling of staying up all night greening up and hitting abandoned and the ruins. Lying in the cut when you are the last man standing taking fools out one by one. Or being on the flip side of that and your heart racing hearing you crew dropping like flies by one person who you can't find. Man nothing as ever came close to that EVER!!!

If madden can do what socom has done for that community back then, we should be all good.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

Then I will revise into calling it the first online console game of the modern era. SOCOM was the first online game for the PS2 which was the first modern console game to go online. Basically SOCOM put console gaming on the map.

@Smoke, it is simply amazing how hard it is to describe SOCOM to people. One of the hardest games to pick up but when you do, man. We policed our own community with the vote system, the lobbies actually let you get to know people. That game was just crack. Socrack. I still play S2 with like 50 other people. Last Friday we had too full rooms going.

Sorry for derailing this thread with SOCOM, I was just trying to use a once upon a time "too big to fail" example.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
Rookie

This is exactly why they need to take full advantage of kinect and add as many features as they can like I posted in my thread. Kinect Sports 2 football used voice recgonition by calling your plays, calling audibles and crouching down and saying ready set hike to hike the ball. Their biggest downfalls in that game was they only had 6 plays to choose from which is lame,when u were the reciever the only thing u were allowed to do is run in a straight line when in motion sports football u could juke,stiff arm,hurdle and spin.

Also in kinect sports as the QB u couldnt move around in the pocket and we were able to in games in motion QB challenge. EA can take full advantage of this and help their sales alot. This is the list if things they should have for kinect in Madden 13

1.full use of playbook or at least 30 plays to add variety
2.When QB drops back, all us to go back and forth in the pocket and like in kinect sports the green light would come on if your reciever is open or if u play on a higher difficulty, there would be no light.
3.As a reciever, allow us to juke,stiff arm,hurdle and spin
4.Kinect sports 2 didnt have us punt the ball,thats an easy addition to have
5.Have mini games likes they did in Motion Sports football.

Alot of people enjoy playing kinect and are looking for more games to play and being able to play and NFL game with all these features I suggested would be a HUGE advantage for EA. EA with sales declining, you should step up your game this yr and take full advantage of kinect and implemement these features and then possibly add more through DLC like more plays and mini games.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by testyourmight
This is exactly why they need to take full advantage of kinect and add as many features as they can like I posted in my thread. Kinect Sports 2 football used voice recgonition by calling your plays, calling audibles and crouching down and saying ready set hike to hike the ball. Their biggest downfalls in that game was they only had 6 plays to choose from which is lame,when u were the reciever the only thing u were allowed to do is run in a straight line when in motion sports football u could juke,stiff arm,hurdle and spin.

Also in kinect sports as the QB u couldnt move around in the pocket and we were able to in games in motion QB challenge. EA can take full advantage of this and help their sales alot. This is the list if things they should have for kinect in Madden 13

1.full use of playbook or at least 30 plays to add variety
2.When QB drops back, all us to go back and forth in the pocket and like in kinect sports the green light would come on if your reciever is open or if u play on a higher difficulty, there would be no light.
3.As a reciever, allow us to juke,stiff arm,hurdle and spin
4.Kinect sports 2 didnt have us punt the ball,thats an easy addition to have
5.Have mini games likes they did in Motion Sports football.

Alot of people enjoy playing kinect and are looking for more games to play and being able to play and NFL game with all these features I suggested would be a HUGE advantage for EA. EA with sales declining, you should step up your game this yr and take full advantage of kinect and implemement these features and then possibly add more through DLC like more plays and mini games.
*Facepalm* This is the sorta crap that ruins good games. Kinect is nothing more than a gimmick like the PS Move.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
*Facepalm* This is the sorta crap that ruins good games. Kinect is nothing more than a gimmick like the PS Move.

Kinect is far from a gimmick. PS Move is crap but the Kinect is definately not. Dance Central proves otherwise. Besides most of the crap in Madden has been nothing but a gimmick so it fits their profile prefectly. Its all about selling games and appealing a larger fanbase. Adding all this kinect support will wildly expand the franchise cuz there are alot of people out there who enjoy kinect, whether u do or not means nothing. Dont play it if u dont like it, simple as that. EA knows how big kinect has gotten and how much better games have been since its release. If they are smart, as a business move I would add all the features that were suggested. People enjoy that and it will benefit them in the long run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »