Home

so who`s playing in the MADDEN CHALLENGE?

This is a discussion on so who`s playing in the MADDEN CHALLENGE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10
so who`s playing in the MADDEN CHALLENGE?

wow!! $50,000 first place prize!! that`s not too bad allthough i think EA could split that up for the top 5 finnishers or add a little more prize money. but its looks like its winner takes all. the top players from each city win a trip to vegas to compete for the 50 g`s! so its not too bad.

i might play in it when it comes to texas. i live in the houston area. but the only thing i don`t like about the rules so far is the fact that players must play with 2 minute quarters... i mean my gosh, ANYONE could win this thing if you`re playing with 2 min quarters. they should be playing with atleast 4 min quarters for this tournament!

well here`s a link to the official website for the madden challenge. and what do you guys think of this tournament?

http://www.easports.com/events/madde...e2003/home.jsp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: so who`s playing in the MADDEN CHALLENGE?

I went to the one in Cincinnati. I used the Cheifs and won my first game 21-7 to the Falcons and lost my second game 7-21 to the Falcons. The second guy knew how to use Vick right and didnt run with him everytime. I shut the first guy down. Anyways, it was a really fun time and unique experience and recommend anyone togo. With 2 min quarters, anybody can win, all it takes is 9 wins in a row and your going to Vegas.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I'm planning on playing when it comes to SF in December. I expect to see alot of people using the Falcons and Vick, that's a trend I think that will be in every region. And alot of hurry up offense the whole game from people..

I do agree though that 2 min. quarters sucks pretty bad...
Old 10-02-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I'm think of signing up when comes to DC. I don't like the 2 min qtr but if you get a good running game you be in business...
Old 10-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #5
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I expect to see alot of people using the Falcons and Vick, And alot of hurry up offense the whole game from people..

yeah, Vick is probly being used a lot. i wouldn`t mind taking Denver and letting plummer scramble around cuz i`m sure theirs gonna be a lot of blitzing going on in this torney. and i think denver has a better offensive line.

and yeah, i`m sure people are using the hurry up offense a lot. but i don`t think it will be as effective as it is online. when people run the hurry up offense online its more effective than offline cuz the game plays a little differently online.

but it just seems like in a 8 minute game the first player to score has a pretty big advantage. not to mention the coin toss becomes a big factor too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »