Home

Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
NFL draft.

I have not posted or even been on this site for sometime, came on to find out if there was any info out there on Madden 13 and seems to be there isn't.

On one of the football sites I visit daily I just recently read about the compensatory picks. To save you guys the trouble ill post this years compensatory picks.

Round 3

Oakland Raiders (95th overall)

Round 4

Minnesota Vikings (128th overall)
Oakland Raiders (129th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (130th overall)
New York Giants (131st overall)
Green Bay Packers (132nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (133rd overall)
Minnesota Vikings (134th overall)

Round 5

Oakland Raiders (168th overall)
Baltimore Ravens (169th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (170th overall)

Round 6

New York Jets (202nd overall)
New York Jets (203rd overall)
Cleveland Browns (204th overall)
Cleveland Browns (205th overall)
Indianapolis Colts (206th overall)
Carolina Panthers (207th overall)

Round 7

Pittsburgh Steelers (240th overall)
Green Bay Packers (241st overall)
New York Jets (242nd overall)
Green Bay Packers (243rd overall)
New York Jets (244th overall)
Cleveland Browns (245th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (246th overall)
Cleveland Browns (247th overall)
Pittsburgh Steelers (248th overall)
Atlanta Falcons (249th overall)
San Diego Chargers (250th overall)
Buffalo Bills (251st overall)
St. Louis Rams (252nd overall)
Indianapolis Colts (253rd overall)

Well now that's out of the way, I got to thinking as I've been searching for Madden info on this site I've never actually seen a post regarding the compensatory picks on here.. With not actually understanding how it works I did some research Wikipedia is my source so bare with me some things could be a little wrong

In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick".

Now I know getting the whole formula in the game would be difficult to me but the most simple and easiest way to go would the bold part. I've always read about this before the draft, just never payed any mind to it, the fact the madden does not have something as important as this in franchise mode (and some rules) makes me wonder what sport is madden representing when they make the game but that's just my honest opinion.

Now for some that don't play franchise mode you might not honestly care for this and that's fine with me but for all others, would this in lets say online franchise not be pretty fun when you lose x player? (now mind you I've never played franchise mode online so I have no idea if there actually is a draft or even a off season)

There is a lot more that I believe franchise mode needs to actually even be CLOSE to be enjoyable let alone fun, but that is for another day.

Side not to this all this caught my eye while reading the

"Once the order for the first round is determined as described above, the selection order remains the same for subsequent rounds with the exception of teams with similar records within their tier. These tied teams "cycle" picks in each subsequent round. For example, in the 2008 draft, Arizona, Minnesota, Houston, and Philadelphia all finished 8–8, and picked in that order in the first round (based on the tiebreakers described above). In the second round, Arizona cycled to the back of the line with the order becoming Minnesota, Houston, Philadelphia, and Arizona. That cycling continues in each round"

How often does this happen, I guess with it being the first round they go the tie breaker route and every round after that they shuffle for each round. I never knew this would be cool to happen during the actual draft in the game..

Anyways wanted to get some peoples thoughts compensatory picks being on this being in the game, do you feels it needs to be there do you think its fine the way it is etc, just want to know others opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NFL draft.

Madden will not likely change the 7 picks a team system they have had for years. Personally I think the current system is fair I would be livid if the Raiders didn't have a number 1 pick, they can have Palmer.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
Madden will not likely change the 7 picks a team system they have had for years. Personally I think the current system is fair I would be livid if the Raiders didn't have a number 1 pick, they can have Palmer.
So you would be "livid" if the Raiders draft picks in Madden were realistic? I don't understand when people state things like this and is a reason why I say some unrealistic things that are in Madden, some in the community actually want.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So you would be "livid" if the Raiders draft picks in Madden were realistic? I don't understand when people state things like this and is a reason why I say some unrealistic things that are in Madden, some in the community actually want.
Yes that trade over handicaps a franchise, The game did not give us the Bucc draft pick for Gruden in 04 nor should it. I would rather have the option of throwing away my Franchise by giving up these picks for a QB that was rated 83 by Madden last year. Just like we have the option on pre-existing injuries, A colt fan might have wanted to play Peyton Manning last year(just an example). And this is after all a video game.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 03-27-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Yes that trade over handicaps a franchise, The game did give us the Bucc draft pick for Gruden in 04 nor should it. I would rather have the option of throwing away my Franchise by giving up these picks for a QB that was rated 83 by Madden last year. Just like we have the option on pre-existing injuries.
I don't see how it can "over handicap" when it would be accurate to real life. That seems like a Patriot fan saying, it's over handicapping NE in Madden for them to have to pick 31 for losing the Super Bowl or the Saints losing their draft picks in Madden for "Bounty Gate".

It's fine if anyone wants to change things in their copy of Madden and they should have team management options to do whatever they want but to suggest Madden mimicking what's realistic is somehow excessive, I completely disagree with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3

Madden needs to give us the option to choose having the real life picks or the standard seven per team before we start a franchise. If my team trades a star player for a bunch of picks I dont want to be missing the player and the picks. They also need to include the comp. picks in order to make a NFL sim.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Wow really? One of the first things I do is fix the draft picks, because why franchise if the foundation isn't realistic?

Of course you should the option to do whatever you want, but criticizing the game for being too realistic is something I've never heard.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Wow really? One of the first things I do is fix the draft picks, because why franchise if the foundation isn't realistic?

Of course you should the option to do whatever you want, but criticizing the game for being too realistic is something I've never heard.
There was people on here complaining between 11 and 12 that the game shouldn't be so realistic because that makes it harder. These people were complaining that they had to line up a hit stick instead of being able to be 5-yards out of position and automatically get sucked into a big hit. "Why can't I run for 300 yards a game with Aaron Brown?! Why can't I throw for 900 yards in a game with Robert You?!".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »