Home

Thinking of getting back into madden any of the bugs fixed?

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting back into madden any of the bugs fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Thinking of getting back into madden any of the bugs fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII

M11 & M12 aren't very different.
I personally disagree, but can understand where others might feel otherwise.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Madden 11 was Madden 10 "2-point-oh". Fixed pursuit angles, improved blocking logic, 3 vs 3 OTP instead of 2 vs the CPU, and more. Madden 12 was a real squeal to Madden 10.

When you move from madden 10 to 11, you don't feel liek there is much of a change. When you move from Madden 11 to 12 you can see the suction blocking and tackling are gone and hat the tackling is a lot better. The tackling animations aren't very good at times, but the tackling system works a lot better. People say the zones are improved and a lot of psychic man coverage DB play is reduced. I agree with the second part, but I still hate the Zone coverage in this game.

If you look at Madden 10 and then at 12, you will see a bigger difference.
There was still suction blocking and tackling in madden 12 although not as bad. To me ea since they have gotten the rights to be the only game in town have phoned it in. These games could and should be 10 times better than they are. I personaly don;t see a huge diffren;ts in them. They all have way to many problems. Not as many as Ncaa 12 had this year but still to many.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
There was still suction blocking and tackling in madden 12 although not as bad. To me ea since they have gotten the rights to be the only game in town have phoned it in. These games could and should be 10 times better than they are. I personaly don;t see a huge diffren;ts in them. They all have way to many problems. Not as many as Ncaa 12 had this year but still to many.
Best advice it seems for you is to forget about 12, wait and see about 13. Play the demo, look at the reviews, rent if needed, wait for a patch or two and then decide to purchase used at the lowest price.

By the way, Madden only gave us 2 patches last year, one on the day of ship and one a few months later.

I see where your beef was w/NCAA last year, that's why I had more fun with Madden, even with all the remaining quirks.

This topic has gone from should I buy 12 to they keep phoning it in year after year.

I would say you have your answer by now.

Last edited by roadman; 03-31-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
Rookie

zarmstead2's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
I do miss playing, but the not frustration over the bugs and I think the way ea handled the ncaa 12 this year just put me on a sour note and I ended up just cutting my losses with them. ALthough madden didn't seem to be as bad as the ncaa version, I was recently at game stop and thought about grabbing a used copy. Then I rememberd the frustration of the constant rain, signing my free agency eligable players before free agency only to have the cpu ai still put them in free agency, and other things. Before I decide to grab another copy figured I would ask what has and has not been fixed.
It had to be done.
NBA: wut?

Suh is the man!

Last edited by zarmstead2; 03-31-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
The only Madden in next gen that's really had significant changes (for the better) was Madden 10. M11 & M12 aren't very different.
Are you serious?? The elimination of suction tackling alone made the gameplay very different.. Running the ball is so much smoother(and easier) because of it. DBs running the WR routes on M11 was the worst.. Anybody who still feel like DBs are mirroring the WRs routes on 12 just stink at passing the ball because every route is usable on 12. You was only limited to a few routes on 11 because of how bad DBs would jump the route and run it before the WR.. There wasn't too much of a difference from 10 to 11 if anything. M12 has it's issues but it was definitely an improvement over 11 in some key areas like these that improved the gameplay..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »