Home

Madden 12 is boring

This is a discussion on Madden 12 is boring within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 12 is boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not sure if he meant the 2k series, my take is he meant better than not playing any football game.

Some people might have not played the 2k series, I've only played it here and there.
Well, his thumbs up of your post implies you re right...

but 2k is still an option. an Option that those who haven't tried it, really should.

I have said it many times... Madden is better than 2k in every area but two: Presentation and game play.

Madden has a better franchise, playbooks, coaching options like formation substitutions and changing a player's position, a deep franchise mode, etc.

If VC could have continued making an NFL game or in a non-NFL game were profitable, I am sure that they would have the better game by now. After all, in all this time, look what EA has come up with.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I almost cringe to type it out because it's so disheartening to think about but I think Madden is boring due to lack of realistic depth. Why the powers that be ever decided that a real life sport needed to be "streamlined" for this video game, I will never understand. The only thing shortening the length of gametime in a simulation sports game should be the in-game clock, not chopping the gameplay down into highlights and key moments.

When I play next-gen Madden I often feel like my NFL and video game intellect are being insulted by how shallow the game is. I read in shock when past developers told us, things that are too difficult are not "fun" and too much realism would lengthen games. Again, that's what adjustable quarter lengths are for and the option to turn stuff off/on.

Just imagine if ESPN bought the exclusive broadcast rights to the NFL and were the only network where anyone could get NFL related info. Then ESPN decided there was no demographic out there interested in NFL details like, contract negotiations, inter-team conflict, the offseason, halftime/league recap show, etc, So basically, if ESPN decided to present the NFL to fans like EA has chosen to present it to Madden gamers, most people would think the real life NFL was boring too. The real NFL is a chess match on the field, a strategic "war" campaign in team management off the field and reality tv personalities interactions all the time but Madden represents those things on a Sesame Street level.

Back in the day as a kid, I wanted a Sega Master System for Christmas because the game AfterBurner and I was really into fighter jets. However, instead my parents got me the Action Max, which was nothing but a system that allows a User to "score" points shooting at a VCR movie. That is basically what EA has done with the NFL in Madden, imo.

I support this post.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xvgaa2
Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden 12 is boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiegotmadskil
I rarely ever play it and i love football

I don't know what it is but this game just gets boring so quickly.
Use the Impressions thread.

Closed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »