Home

How do I make franchise mode more challenging?

This is a discussion on How do I make franchise mode more challenging? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How do I make franchise mode more challenging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Simple answer? Coach mode.

User control ruins everything. Rely on your QB's awareness. rely on your HB's ball carrier vision. Rely on your defender's abilities to stop a play, not your user stick skills.

Call plays, audibles, hot routes... make formation substitutions etc. Just don't user control a player after the snap.

See how easy the game is then.
I like the premise of Coach Mode but for utilizing "Player Lock". I am not interested in watching the CPU do everything but I do want a mode to limit User's on field influence. I personally would love a player lock feature that meant I couldn't switch control of players and have to depend on my other 10 teammates to do their job. I would settle for a position lock like in OTP, where the User can only control a player at a specific position.

Something like that would really bring the team "alive" for me. Come to think of it, why the heck isn't this OPTION in the game? Why can't I choose to let CPU Grossman do his thing while I try to get open downfield or watch helplessly as my CPU Kicker attempts a game tying FG? I honestly can't see how Player/Position lock would be that difficult to add to the options. Can someone please tweet this request to some dev, I don't currently use twitter.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That's good to hear man.. I told you that you will find a challenge somewhere inbetween one of my sets. I like how you went straight for the ultimate challenge of the black set and you didn't do bad. Keep me posted on how the rest of your games turn out.. How did the USER accuracy feel at 6? That was a big drop coming from having the USER accuracy at 20.. The USER accuracy at 6 is tough. You have to be real good with the left stick with the USER accuracy that low..
Well actually I started out with the accuracy on 9 because you put that you should work your way down from 7-9 to 6. But it was a noticeable difference. Passing was so easy I'd have games with Tarvaris Jackson getting 75% completions which we all know is highly unrealistic lol. Running the ball was still pretty difficult which I prefer. Stopping the run is about 10 times more difficult now from what my old settings were. I still have the issue of having way to many assist or gang tackles just to take down one guy. It's only a real problem with my safeties, like in my last game Earl Thomas had 1 solo tackle and 9 assists. That's pretty crappy tackling but whatever the rest of my defense is playing good so it's not too big a deal.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelsnarf
Well actually I started out with the accuracy on 9 because you put that you should work your way down from 7-9 to 6. But it was a noticeable difference. Passing was so easy I'd have games with Tarvaris Jackson getting 75% completions which we all know is highly unrealistic lol. Running the ball was still pretty difficult which I prefer. Stopping the run is about 10 times more difficult now from what my old settings were. I still have the issue of having way to many assist or gang tackles just to take down one guy. It's only a real problem with my safeties, like in my last game Earl Thomas had 1 solo tackle and 9 assists. That's pretty crappy tackling but whatever the rest of my defense is playing good so it's not too big a deal.
Yeah that was the best thing you could have did was work your way from 9 down to get use to the left stick work you have to put in with the accuracy that low.

A.Rolle and K.Phillips actually had alot of solo tackles for me in my year 2 franchises. Thats weird you are having trouble with your safeties getting tackles..

If you feel like some stuff need to be adjusted after you play a few more games let me know and I'll help you tweak them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I used player lock all the time in NCAA11, and still do when I get the urge to put that game on.

It really should be a part of Madden. It used to be for a long time. It was never in this current gen though.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelsnarf
It's only a real problem with my safeties, like in my last game Earl Thomas had 1 solo tackle and 9 assists. That's pretty crappy tackling but whatever the rest of my defense is playing good so it's not too big a deal.
Well, that IS 10 tackles...

I mean, I agree, you'd like more solo tackles, but sometimes the way the tackling works is you'll get some stats like that sometimes.

But think of it like this - that was 10 plays he was at least a factor on in bringing down the ball carrier. That's good play from the safety position. Heck, if he averages that every game - that's 160 tackles.

I'd take that any way I can get it
Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I used player lock all the time in NCAA11, and still do when I get the urge to put that game on.

It really should be a part of Madden. It used to be for a long time. It was never in this current gen though.
NCAA has defensive player lock but not player lock in general, right? I think this is relative to the topic because it would make Franchise mode more challenging for me if I could use player lock. I think it would be enjoyably challenging to limit myself on the field to only controlling one player on offense, defense and special teams with a player lock feature.

Me and a friend played an offline Association in NBA2k11 and I used player lock when User controlling his CPU opponent. That way I had some influence on the team but for the most part it was still him facing that team and their style, not mine. I think that would work well in Madden too.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

NCAA 11 has player lock on offense and defense. I enjoyed playing as Andrew Luck and Stanford a lot. Even on runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

So in NCAA 11 you can even let the CPU control the QB while you "lock" to a WR? WTF is player lock not in Madden 12 then? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »