Home

How do I make franchise mode more challenging?

This is a discussion on How do I make franchise mode more challenging? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
How do I make franchise mode more challenging?

With every franchise I play, no matter how dreadful the team, I can manage to at least have a winning record every year. And I pick some crappy teams too (Bills, Seahawks, Panthers) because good teams are no fun to rebuild. But sometimes in games I have to literally give the CPU a thousand chances and they still cant even get a first down, and that's when I stop playing. Or if I'm winning all I do is run the ball and the CPU still can't catch up and it's just a chore to finish games.. no fun at all . Right now I'm 3-0 with Seattle, and I should not be doing that good with a team like that.

Anyway I play on slow speed, 16 min threshold, with my own custom all madden sliders. Now keep in mind I like my sliders, it's the CPU sliders that aggravate me because the CPU sucks. I know it's still on all madden because of how fast the kick gauge goes. I'm open to changing my sliders, but here they are:

PLAYER SKILL

QB Accuracy: 20/100
Pass Blocking: 0/100
WR Catching: 30/100

Broken Tackles: 0/100
Run Blocking: 20/100
Fumbles: 30/100

Pass D Reaction Time: 0/100
Interceptions: 10/100
Pass Rushing: 51/100 (If it's lower my DE's get no pressure.)

Rush D Reaction Time: 10/100
Block Shedding: 0/100
Tackling: 59/100 (Assist tackles annoy me to no end and this helps limit them to an extent.)

CPU SKILL

QB Accuracy: 55/100
WR Catching: 72/100

Fumbles: 50/100

Pass D Reaction Time: 5/100
Interceptions: 15/100
Pass Rushing: 15/100 (CPU gets tons of pressure as it is.)

Rush D Reaction Time: 30/100
Block Shedding: 6/100
Tackling: 65/100

I don't like my CPU sliders so I'm totally open to change, they're pretty random and follow no system at all. My Player sliders are real solid and I like them but if you have suggestions I'd love to hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How do I make franchise mode more challenging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelsnarf
With every franchise I play, no matter how dreadful the team, I can manage to at least have a winning record every year. And I pick some crappy teams too (Bills, Seahawks, Panthers) because good teams are no fun to rebuild. But sometimes in games I have to literally give the CPU a thousand chances and they still cant even get a first down, and that's when I stop playing. Or if I'm winning all I do is run the ball and the CPU still can't catch up and it's just a chore to finish games.. no fun at all . Right now I'm 3-0 with Seattle, and I should not be doing that good with a team like that.

Anyway I play on slow speed, 16 min threshold, with my own custom all madden sliders. Now keep in mind I like my sliders, it's the CPU sliders that aggravate me because the CPU sucks. I know it's still on all madden because of how fast the kick gauge goes. I'm open to changing my sliders, but here they are:

PLAYER SKILL

QB Accuracy: 20/100
WR Catching: 30/100

Fumbles: 30/100

Pass D Reaction Time: 0/100
Interceptions: 10/100
Pass Rushing: 51/100 (If it's lower my DE's get no pressure.)

Rush D Reaction Time: 10/100
Block Shedding: 0/100
Tackling: 59/100 (Assist tackles annoy me to no end and this helps limit them to an extent.)

CPU SKILL

QB Accuracy: 55/100
WR Catching: 72/100

Fumbles: 50/100

Pass D Reaction Time: 5/100
Interceptions: 15/100
Pass Rushing: 15/100 (CPU gets tons of pressure as it is.)

Rush D Reaction Time: 30/100
Block Shedding: 6/100
Tackling: 65/100

I don't like my CPU sliders so I'm totally open to change, they're pretty random and follow no system at all. My Player sliders are real solid and I like them but if you have suggestions I'd love to hear.

When I was first reading your set I thought you had all the CPU sliders on 100 with how you have it written up until I read the CPU sliders under it. Haha!

You have alot of the CPU sliders very low like the CPUs pass defense so you can't expect too much of a challenge with that set up especially with how easy it is to pass the ball for the USER. You definitely can't expect the CPU to have any success running the ball with there breaktackles on 0 and the USER tackling on 59.

Check out my sliders man.. I have 3 sets. Trust me you'll find a challenge somewhere inbetween one of my 3 sets.. You'll probably want to start off with my red set first after looking at your sliders. My blue and black set are intense. Play about 3 games to get a good look at how the sliders are working. Let me know how it goes if you try them out.. Here's the link to my thread. Read everything I have to say in there..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
When I was first reading your set I thought you had all the CPU sliders on 100 with how you have it written up until I read the CPU sliders under it. Haha!

You have alot of the CPU sliders very low like the CPUs pass defense so you can't expect too much of a challenge with that set up especially with how easy it is to pass the ball for the USER. You definitely can't expect the CPU to have any success running the ball with there breaktackles on 0 and the USER tackling on 59.

Check out my sliders man.. I have 3 sets. Trust me you'll find a challenge somewhere inbetween one of my 3 sets.. You'll probably want to start off with my red set first after looking at your sliders. My blue and black set are intense. Play about 3 games to get a good look at how the sliders are working. Let me know how it goes if you try them out.. Here's the link to my thread. Read everything I have to say in there..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
Wow just taking a look at your page is reassuring! Lol judging from these sliders I'll have plenty of testing to do tonight, thanks man I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Wow just taking a look at your page is reassuring! Lol judging from these sliders I'll have plenty of testing to do tonight, thanks man I'll let you know how it goes.
Ok let me know how it goes man..
Old 03-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Simple answer? Coach mode.

User control ruins everything. Rely on your QB's awareness. rely on your HB's ball carrier vision. Rely on your defender's abilities to stop a play, not your user stick skills.

Call plays, audibles, hot routes... make formation substitutions etc. Just don't user control a player after the snap.

See how easy the game is then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like the idea behind coach mode, however when it comes to defense, defensive players don't use skill moves (power and finesse moves) to get past defenders. You can get past this by adjusting sliders so that the players can still get past the o-line of course, but they do so by kind of just slipping off them because the animation is broken. And that works, however then it almost completely nullifies the power and finesse move ratings which have a large impact on a players overall rating. Any suggestion on how to get around that?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Ok let me know how it goes man..
I used your black sliders and I can honestly say those were the two toughest games I've ever played. First game I lost 26-14 to Arizona and then 33-17 to Atlanta. I wasn't frustrated at all either, a real challenge is a breath of fresh air.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I used your black sliders and I can honestly say those were the two toughest games I've ever played. First game I lost 26-14 to Arizona and then 33-17 to Atlanta. I wasn't frustrated at all either, a real challenge is a breath of fresh air.
That's good to hear man.. I told you that you will find a challenge somewhere inbetween one of my sets. I like how you went straight for the ultimate challenge of the black set and you didn't do bad. Keep me posted on how the rest of your games turn out.. How did the USER accuracy feel at 6? That was a big drop coming from having the USER accuracy at 20.. The USER accuracy at 6 is tough. You have to be real good with the left stick with the USER accuracy that low..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »