Home

Changes I would make to franchise mode

This is a discussion on Changes I would make to franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Changes I would make to franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelsnarf
I couldn't agree more. Have you ever done a fantasy draft in franchise? Well basically the computer chooses the next highest rated player, regardless of the teams system.

For example, you'll see 3-4 Defensive ends go to 4-3 teams, when if they were in that system in real life, they'd be move to the interior as a defensive tackle. But somehow they still have success rushing from the outside when in reality they don't have the speed and athletic ability to rush from the outside. But it doesn't seem to matter because you'll see guys like Haloti Ngata, Darnell Dockett or Aaron Smith get like 15 sacks in a season at the end of one year which is completely unrealistic.

And when 4-3 defensive ends go to a 3-4 team, they regress because they get no sacks in that system. This system is flawed and they really need to add more depth to positions.

They should have: 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, or even 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. And this goes for any hybrid position but that's all I can think of at the moment.
I still think they should have 3 positions. Pass rusher, run stopper, and nose tackle. 4-3 teams get to choose whether they use a nose tackle or 2 run stoppers, both teams have 2 pass rushers, and 3-4 teams use 2 run stoppers and a nose. They also have cover linebackers, 2 ILB for 3-4, and 2 OLB + an ILB for the 4-3 teams. It is simple and reasonably close to real life. Obviously, a guy like Julius Peppers wouldn't fit in a 3-4, but such is the price we must pay to prevent all 3-4 OLB from being 99 ovr DE's.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
I still think they should have 3 positions. Pass rusher, run stopper, and nose tackle. 4-3 teams get to choose whether they use a nose tackle or 2 run stoppers, both teams have 2 pass rushers, and 3-4 teams use 2 run stoppers and a nose. They also have cover linebackers, 2 ILB for 3-4, and 2 OLB + an ILB for the 4-3 teams. It is simple and reasonably close to real life. Obviously, a guy like Julius Peppers wouldn't fit in a 3-4, but such is the price we must pay to prevent all 3-4 OLB from being 99 ovr DE's.
You have a point. And the "average gamer" will probably have an easier time distinguishing between pass rusher/nose tackle/run stopper then 4-3 DE/3-4 DE, etc. And that does get annoying when you take a guy like Kamerion Wimbley and put him at DE he rises to like a 98, but take a DE and put him at OLB (even if he fits the system) and he drops dramatically. They need to make a system for this because there are too many variables when dealing with defensive schemes.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Franchise mode:
1)allow you to clear cap penalties-----No. They are they for a reason and makes it legit.
2) allow you to front load contracts----You can do it in free agency. But even there it is uncommon and unrealistic.
3) make scouting easier-------Yeah, definetly. Right now its impossible
4) allow you to override trades----There are different ways to get around it.
5) no limits on number of draft picks----Unrealistic. The limit is like 20 and nobody ever has that many picks
6) have cheering and booing on draft day along with live ceremonies on your picks, the 1st pick and the last pick-----I sim until my pick so this would be useless.
7) allow you to relocate your team even to small towns ( online only) and medium to big cities ( offline and online)---sure
8) custom divisions and conferences-----would be cool
9) custom scheduling-----no. The schedules aren't random. There is an actual formula that sets up the games. Like right now I could tell you all 16 games every team will play just not in the correct order. When they release the schedules they are just showing you when you play teams and not who you play.
10) factor in fair weather and die hard fan bases for teams in terms of fan support---dont care
11) move away from eBay style free agency back to the old way of doing it------no. Old way was stupid. New way isn't much better though. They need for free agents to ask for realistic contracts.
12) have draft prospects go in the same order every time----what? really. So a team with a 99 overal QB who selects #1 overall will select another QB. Dumb. Teams draft on needs and value
13) more stocked free agent classes ( around 15 85+ players in the FA pool)-----yeah, but more importantly their needs to be younger players testing free agency. I don't have a problem with the talent just the age.
14) allow you to pursue players on other teams whose contracts are expiring and make them contract offers but your players be protected from that.------makes no sense and unrealistic.
15) have compensatory picks in the draft for teams that lose fa's
16) have RFA be less costly------no such thing to begin with. They don't have a RFA system this year.
17) have position coaches----yeah
18) have team- authentic crowds and fans----They already have fans in jerseys. Are they suppose to go to every stadium and take a picture of every fan there to make it realistic
19) have player ratings on the madden 07 scale

Optional features
1) players be picky in who they are drafted by
2) locker room drama and locker room cancers
3) coach and player personalities

Eliminate
1) dynamic player performance, ad player traits-----no need to.
2) eliminate consistency, clutch, and confidence ratings.---no need to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
What changes would you make to the franchise mode?
Here are my changes:

Franchise mode:
1)allow you to clear cap penalties
2) allow you to front load contracts
3) make scouting easier
4) allow you to override trades
5) no limits on number of draft picks
6) have cheering and booing on draft day along with live ceremonies on your picks, the 1st pick and the last pick
7) allow you to relocate your team even to small towns ( online only) and medium to big cities ( offline and online)
8) custom divisions and conferences
9) custom scheduling
10) factor in fair weather and die hard fan bases for teams in terms of fan support
11) move away from eBay style free agency back to the old way of doing it
12) have draft prospects go in the same order every time
13) more stocked free agent classes ( around 15 85+ players in the FA pool)
14) allow you to pursue players on other teams whose contracts are expiring and make them contract offers but your players be protected from that.
15) have compensatory picks in the draft for teams that lose fa's
16) have RFA be less costly
17) have position coaches
18) have team- authentic crowds and fans
19) have player ratings on the madden 07 scale

Optional features
1) players be picky in who they are drafted by
2) locker room drama and locker room cancers
3) coach and player personalities

Eliminate
1) dynamic player performance, ad player traits
2) eliminate consistency, clutch, and confidence ratings.
This is probably the worst changes list I have ever read.

I marked colors to distinguish my points.

Bold-Agree
Red-100% Disagree
Green-You have a point but it needs more clarification
Purple- Too trivial for me to care.
Blue- How do you plan on artificially creating bigger FA classes?
Black (not bold) - Simply couldn't care either way.

It seems this list would further dumb the game down and not make it better.

P.S. Scouting should not be easier, but it needs to be overhauled to actually be useful.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »