Home

Madden last gen vs. next (current gen)

This is a discussion on Madden last gen vs. next (current gen) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden last gen vs. next (current gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think this sums up our differences on Madden's gameplay. In the past I was willing to overlook Madden's shortcomings because it is a video game and all games have them. When those shortcomings become noticably worse in the future games on more powerful consoles, then it becomes a problem to me.

Did you watch my video by the way? I demonstrated ball trajectory was better on the first play. As for the blocking, I know it's never been as easy to read as that "other" game, but there were instances when you could read open field blocks. The trenches were a mess though, no getting around that.
I confess, I did not watch it. Tried to, but our internet here at work is not the greatest, and it was a stuttering mess lol.

I have played every console Madden ever made however, extensively, and I doubt that the vid would illuminate anything that I don't already know, or illicit a change in stance on my part. I've been there and done that to DEATH. Trust me. Not saying that you haven't as well.

I get your point in your first paragraph though and would have to agree. I'm also harder on current gen than last gen. I guess I'm just a lot harder on last gen than you and others are. To me, it's basically the same.

When you have terms like "Legacy Issues" associated with a title, to me that would indicate that said title has been poor a lot longer than just recently...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #58
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
A few Aspects are much better in last gen over this gen:

1.Animations
2.gameplay
3.Passing the ball
4.Player control
5.Db shading
6.A.I
I disagree on every single point listed lol. To me, current and last gen have all those same issues. The "improvement" in one is so minuscule that I could never say I prefer ones flavor to another.

Everything you mentioned is an ISSUE with both gens.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #59
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Hindsight is 20/20. Times never change. Even then, people complained about the series, how it was stagnating, wasn't improving, boring, etc. They complained about mind-reading DBs and LBs that could jump sky high (sound familiar?). People look back now with rose-colored glasses at those titles.

This forum is like a woman who won't let go of anything. She brings up stuff from 20 years ago. Move on, lads.

Now you, you sir speak my language lol.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #60
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I disagree on every single point listed lol. To me, current and last gen have all those same issues. The "improvement" in one is so minuscule that I could never say I prefer ones flavor to another.

Everything you mentioned is an ISSUE with both gens.
I already predicted what you was going to say

OMG I knew you was going to say that they both had issues.

The question wasn't if they both had any issues. The question was what was better in last gen over this gen?

To me the features I listed were better.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #61
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Hindsight is 20/20. Times never change. Even then, people complained about the series, how it was stagnating, wasn't improving, boring, etc. They complained about mind-reading DBs and LBs that could jump sky high (sound familiar?). People look back now with rose-colored glasses at those titles.

This forum is like a woman who won't let go of anything. She brings up stuff from 20 years ago. Move on, lads.
Your right to a extent , but you along with many other miss a very important aspect about forums, and how they truly mislead many.

Unfortunately when it comes to a forum. many just chime in to complain. Now we may have a few that come to give the title some love, but the major percentage of people that come to a forum come to complain.

This is why many are starting to avoid forums, because it ruins it for them.

Now in the last gen many people didn't even bother with a forum or were to familiar with what a forum was.

I know many people that were very happy with Madden last gen. They played the title from day one to the day of the next release. I knew of many local tournaments. There was just so much going on with Madden back then. It was like a national celebration.

Today many can't get by 3 months of playing current gen Madden, and I'm being generous

All because you had some complain back then doesn't not mean that it was just as hated as it is today.

It is very obvious where madden stood to its fans from last gen Madden to current gen. It's not even close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Your right to a extent , but you along with many other miss a very important aspect about forums, and how they truly mislead many.

Unfortunately when it comes to a forum. many just chime in to complain. Now we may have a few that come to give the title some love, but the major percentage of people that come to a forum come to complain.

Now in the last gen many people didn't even bother with a forum or were to familiar with what a forum was.

I know many people that were very happy with Madden last gen. They played the title from day one to the day of the next release. I knew of many local tournaments. There was just so much going on with Madden back then. It was like a national celebration.

Today many can't get by 3 months of playing current gen Madden, and I'm being generous

All because you had some complain back then doesn't not mean that it was just as hated as it is today.

It is very obvious where madden stood to its fans from last gen Madden to current gen. It's not even close.
I think to a great extent, that comes with maturity and growing older. People might have been pre-teen to teen back then and now can see the issues in a better light, so, to speak.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #63
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
I already predicted what you was going to say

OMG I knew you was going to say that they both had issues.

The question wasn't if they both had any issues. The question was what was better in last gen over this gen?

To me the features I listed were better.

I get that, I just don't understand how lol.

The animations are practically the same. They just rendered better on last gen. If I play a game that has terrible animations offline, and then go online and the SAME terrible animation is now choppier due to lag, I'm not going to say that the offline animation looks better. It's the same animation. You could show me Super Mario Bros running at 240fps and it will not make Mario's running animation more realistic. Not one iota.

Don't remember all your points now. I'm pretty sure I still disagree with them all though
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #64
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:

I see what you are getting at, but I never needed a forum to illuminate what is, and was, wrong with Madden. I only needed to watch a real Football game broadcast.

I also play MANY more games across MANY different genres, than just Football, or even Sports, so I have a good frame of reference for gaming in general.

Put it like this. There are those (and by those I mean some 20million lol) that can't recognize that Modern Warfare has changed negligibly from the 1st to the most recent. Likewise, I think that many have a hard time seeing that Madden last gen is negligibly different from current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »