Home

Players Disappearing After Fantasy Draft

This is a discussion on Players Disappearing After Fantasy Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Angry Players Disappearing After Fantasy Draft

I was doing a fantasy draft today, and I had planned to pick up a quarter corner, a 5th wide receiver, a 3rd string quarterback, a 3rd string center, and a 4th half back.

I cut 9 players so I knew I had room for all of the players I needed, but the quarter corner I wanted, Brandon Burton, was not there. I had a couple backup options in mind, namely Brandon Hogan and Tommie Campbell, but they were not available either. The 5th string wide out I was eyeing, Ricardo Lockette, was also not in the free agency pool.

I go to player management and all NFL, sort by name, and none of the players were in the NFL. I create a new franchise, no fantasy draft, and they are mystically back again in that franchise. Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a solution?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Players Disappearing After Fantasy Draft

Yeah I've had this problem. There is actually a certain 'cutoff' so to speak, where after a certain rating I believe every player is deleted. I'd rather have all those lower rated real players then having to deal with the undrafted rookie FA's. I ran into that problem too where I was planning on drafting some lower rated real rookies and found out that they had vanished.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

There are worse players than their overalls in the free agency pool; it must be less simple than an overall cutoff.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

I think it's a bug, and the way it works I think is this:
When you start a fantasy draft franchise, the CPU treats all players on NFL rosters as be not free agents. So, when you don't pick those players, the CPU still has them tagged as not being free agents. Since they were never released from their original NFL teams, they are not counted by the CPU as free agents. So, when you start the franchise, those players are gone because the CPU still has them marked as being on a team, but they were not drafted by anyone.

The problem I think is that basically, the CPU checks for who is and is not a free agent before the draft starts when it should be doing so after.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Free agency only holds a certain amount of players. You have to understand that every team is cutting 20 guys so it would be too full if every single player went in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
Free agency only holds a certain amount of players. You have to understand that every team is cutting 20 guys so it would be too full if every single player went in there.
Undrafted free agents who get cut do not enter the pool; only real players will enter the free agency pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argoos
I think it's a bug, and the way it works I think is this:
When you start a fantasy draft franchise, the CPU treats all players on NFL rosters as be not free agents. So, when you don't pick those players, the CPU still has them tagged as not being free agents. Since they were never released from their original NFL teams, they are not counted by the CPU as free agents. So, when you start the franchise, those players are gone because the CPU still has them marked as being on a team, but they were not drafted by anyone.

The problem I think is that basically, the CPU checks for who is and is not a free agent before the draft starts when it should be doing so after.
I don't think this is how it works because DeMarcus Van censored is the top CB available, and before the draft he is on the Raiders.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

Hm. Beat me then. Try to find something that all the missing players have in common I guess.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Hm. Beat me then. Try to find something that all the missing players have in common I guess.
Van Dike is still not a bad option. He has nice speed and adequate pressing ability for a #5 corner. My biggest problem is that Lockette is by far the best WR there, and he does not exist after a fantasy draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »