Home

Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why?

So, those 100 fatigue settings, along with the sliders I have been playing with have led to some interesting close games against the computer in Play Now.

Right now, here is what I am playing with:
User/Computer

Passing
Accuracy - 40/100
Blocking - 50/0
Catching - 40/100

Rushing
Break Tackle - 80/100
Blocking - 50/100
Fumble - 40/40

Pass D
Reaction - 100/100
Interception - 55/60
Pass Rushing - 100/100

Run D
Reaction - 100/100
Block Shedding - 80/80
Tackling - 80/100

I am using KBLovers 100 fatigue/ 5 Injury and rotation settings posted here.

12 min quarters
Slow game speed [Normal is too fast in my opinion]
0 speed threshold
Auto Sprint & Strafe set to off

Game play results:
The computer can break off some runs and push my team around, and break tackles. Despite 100 accuracy and 100 catching, the AI still throws some inaccurate passes and drops the ball when hit occasionally. The important thing is the AI can find open receivers and make nice throws to move the ball down the field. The pass rush forces the AI to make a decision. Rarely does it have all day, but it also isn't getting hit every snap either. With user control, I was even getting Freeny lose off the edge.*

*NOTE: I would flick the R-Stick the Left and an animation where he spins inside to the right would play.

I am still working on the user running game. It still feels a little too strong. I think I am going to try and increase the block shedding before I lower the run blocking. I might even increase both. MAYBE run blocking to 60 but CPU shedding up to 100.

I am told that "Play Now" sliders don't work the same as "Franchise" sliders, but right now I have been in the mood to only play "Play Now."

While I won each game I played this evening, they were all intense battles. I would like to think that KBLovers input on fatigue helped. I ended up raising fumbles from 30 each to 40 each. Oh, and I set accelerated clock to 18. That feels just about right. I need enough time to line up and see if I want to call an audible or hot route, but I also want the computer to rack up Time of Possession. 15 feels too short. Maybe I'll drop it to 17.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Does the CPU abide by these settings too?
As far as I know, the CPU uses the same sub settings.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
So, those 100 fatigue settings, along with the sliders I have been playing with have led to some interesting close games against the computer in Play Now.

Right now, here is what I am playing with:
User/Computer

Passing
Accuracy - 40/100
Blocking - 50/0
Catching - 40/100

Rushing
Break Tackle - 80/100
Blocking - 50/100
Fumble - 40/40

Pass D
Reaction - 100/100
Interception - 55/60
Pass Rushing - 100/100

Run D
Reaction - 100/100
Block Shedding - 80/80
Tackling - 80/100

I am using KBLovers 100 fatigue/ 5 Injury and rotation settings posted here.

12 min quarters
Slow game speed [Normal is too fast in my opinion]
0 speed threshold
Auto Sprint & Strafe set to off

Game play results:
The computer can break off some runs and push my team around, and break tackles. Despite 100 accuracy and 100 catching, the AI still throws some inaccurate passes and drops the ball when hit occasionally. The important thing is the AI can find open receivers and make nice throws to move the ball down the field. The pass rush forces the AI to make a decision. Rarely does it have all day, but it also isn't getting hit every snap either. With user control, I was even getting Freeny lose off the edge.*

*NOTE: I would flick the R-Stick the Left and an animation where he spins inside to the right would play.

I am still working on the user running game. It still feels a little too strong. I think I am going to try and increase the block shedding before I lower the run blocking. I might even increase both. MAYBE run blocking to 60 but CPU shedding up to 100.

I am told that "Play Now" sliders don't work the same as "Franchise" sliders, but right now I have been in the mood to only play "Play Now."

While I won each game I played this evening, they were all intense battles. I would like to think that KBLovers input on fatigue helped. I ended up raising fumbles from 30 each to 40 each. Oh, and I set accelerated clock to 18. That feels just about right. I need enough time to line up and see if I want to call an audible or hot route, but I also want the computer to rack up Time of Possession. 15 feels too short. Maybe I'll drop it to 17.

Nice stuff, looks like you've got the foundations of something. I'm definitely going to watch how this goes.

I'm glad my idea of fatigue and the fatigue/injury/subs combo is showing promise in your settings as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Just why?

Why can't I enjoy this game? What am I doing wrong?

How do you enjoy this game? I really want to. I keep putting it in my xbox. I keep turning it on. I want to enjoy it. I keep telling myself this time I will ignore the little things that bother me. this time I will try to just have fun... but it never works.

I want to run the ball with Gore and Hunter. I want to throw passes to Walker and Davis. I want to mix my FB into the offense from time to time. I want to play tough D. Sometimes I want to mess around with Vick and that explosive Eagles team. Perhaps I want to call draws and screens to Danny Woodhead as I march the Patriots offense down the field for another score and hope the Defense can hold. I love football... but when I play Madden each victory and most nice plays feel hallow, and most bad play look and feel like the result of poor game play.

I don't know what I want with this game anymore.
Well you got some great advice on here. This is what is so great about this forum. You have a bunch of classy individuals.

That's a big thumbs up to the moderators who police this forum. Nice Job guys!

I see your looking to pass the ball to Davis, or throw a screen to Woodhead.

My question to you is , what is stopping you or what is the problem? What feels shallow exactly?

I just want to add one thing. You mentioned normal being to fast. I feel game speed in this game is huge to the fun factor, and challenges it presents.

Now if normal is too fast , than that may be a huge problem why thigs feel shallow. On slower game speeds the game is very boring.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 04-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The thing here is that you have an embarassment of riches in terms of resources to help you enjoy the game more. I spent most of the NFL sesason looking for the set that I enjoyed most, though many made the game better.

The right game is in there for *you*, but you have to determine play speed and play threshold (very important); your abilities in each offensive and defensive category; and the areas where the CPU defense seems particularly inept or super charged relative to your abilities and matchups.

I, for example, don't read routes well, so I need sliders that provide more time so I can generate realistic completion percentages, yards, touchdowns, and sacks. That means I have to look at QB ACC, CPU pass D (the INT slider is HUGE on this one), as well as pass block and pass rush sliders.

You just have to go through that evaluative process and then work up the set.

I've never been an All Madden guy, but this year I think it's the only way to play, which means you cannot exceed 395 total HUM points (normally just 75 per category). So one way to do this would be to play a game at HUM 25/CPU 75 across the board and see what needs tweaking. Increments of 5-10 initially will make big differences, then when you're in range single digit adjustments will lock it in.

One thing I noticed is that there are TONS of animatiosn that are locked into specific slider values, both at the HUM level alone, and at the level of the relationship between the HUM and the CPU sliders. For example, a particular ratio between HUM break tackle and CPU tackling generates some really cool straight hit, stutter back, and re-gather animations. There are other combos that unlock more fall forward animations, but you just need to fiddle with things.

I'm the farthest thing from a hardcore Madden apologist, but I still love this game. Best football game I've played when you add in franchise and the fact that you don't have to hex edit to make the game play.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

@Trojan Man

Every time you post, I think of the jingle in this commercial... and the commercial

"OS? Something's missing."
"Missing?!?"
"In Madden."
"In Madden?!?"
TROJAN MAN!
"What are you doing here?"
[you post]

P.S. Gotta love "her what?"

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-04-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Haha! That's pretty great. I should have picked a screen name that was more, um, mature, but I still have a middle schooler's sense of humor at 34. Plus, I think Tommy Trojan was already taken.

I've been thinking of switching my moniker--perhaps this is just the occasion
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've never been an All Madden guy, but this year I think it's the only way to play, which means you cannot exceed 395 total HUM points (normally just 75 per category).

I WISH it was 395!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
One thing I noticed is that there are TONS of animatiosn that are locked into specific slider values, both at the HUM level alone, and at the level of the relationship between the HUM and the CPU sliders. For example, a particular ratio between HUM break tackle and CPU tackling generates some really cool straight hit, stutter back, and re-gather animations. There are other combos that unlock more fall forward animations, but you just need to fiddle with things.
Ratings interacting with sliders (and ratings vs ratings vs sliders vs traits - and sometimes it's not the ratings you think, i.e. ball carrier...maybe it's the defender allowing the ball carrier to have an animation, etc) has something to do with it too - especially with creating diversity.

For example, I see the fall forward animation from HBs, but (I believe) uses different factors (fatigue, for example, probably lowers tackling and hit power unless they are top notch so ELU can help create "glancing blows") since I keep breaking tackles at 0 or near it, but tackling at 60 now. Tiring defenders don't fill as consistently (even my beast MLB starts flaking out when he's totally exhausted) so I don't need HBs seeing sideline to sideline - it would get ridiculous.

Same with me for catching. I've heard that under about 40 catching, you lose WR animations - but I see MORE animations at 20, maybe because guys don't get "to the spot" so they have to "use effort".

What sucks and is frustrating is trying to find all this. Thanks a lot for you help EA...oh wait...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »