Home

Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #57
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I've learned something about myself as a gamer: I will burn out on any game. If I play football year-round, I will burn out. That's why I always trade NCAA/Madden in around this time. I get good value for the trade-in, and it allows me time to cool off and get a Madden off-season. Then I can play the next iteration with excitement.
I only bought M12 a month and a half ago.

Before that I played some M11 and 2k8 for a while, but before that, I wasn't playing football video games much. I was playing battlefield 3 and RPGs for months and months.

I understand and like your post, but I don't think that applies to me. [not saying you thought it did]
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #58
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Here is my first full game recording with my new slider settings.

I have mixed feelings with the results. I think user control going for picks is really powerful. I might not do that anymore.

As a 49ers fan, [and I think I said this in the video] it was nice to see 4 takeaways and consistent pressure. Offensively, I was matched up against the league's worst defense... but from what I recall, they were ranked really high in points allowed, so I am not too happy with all the points I put up near the end.

I will try another match up. I said I would play at GB next, but I think I may choose two totally different teams. Maybe I'll play as the Colts @ Huston.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #59
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I have been busy with work since I posted this video. I have had time to lurk the forums, but not to start up, record and play a full game. However, since that game I did mess with my sliders more and played around a bit.

Here is what I did:

Passing - SAME
Accuracy - 40/100
Blocking - 0/0
Catching - 40/100

Rushing
Break Tackle - 50/55
Blocking - 50/80
Fumble - 45/45

Pass D
Reaction - 50/100
Interception - 55/60
Pass Rushing - 100/50

Run D
Reaction - 50/100
Block Shedding - 50/80
Tackling - 50/55

The reason the Packers offense could move the ball was because with 100 reaction time, on most passing lays, my secondary had them locked down tight. When you look at the ratings, that shouldn't happen. The Green Bay number 1 and 2 receivers have like 94 and 97 route running while my top two corners only have 89 and 88 man coverage. I should be forced to play zone and double up in man... and now that I changed the reaction time, Aaron Rodgers was carving my Defense apart. I also think these settings have moved from Pro to All-Pro. While not All-madden yet, they are better. I mostly just wanted to experiment with the sliders and their effectiveness.

Something that I was baffled by when playing though was speed threshold and sprinting. Culluiver [95 speed I think] picked off a pass and ran it back for a score, but as he did , old slow Donald Driver and Rodgers both chased him down, and nearly caught him. Instead of gaining separation, they were closing in on him. I also saw other palys where the GB TE was out running Willis. I don't get it. I understand fatigue.... but there were many examples where it suddenly felt like speed didn't matter, instead of being "the only thing that matters."

I like these settings a lot more, also as I improve my own skill level.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #60
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I feel pretty much the same way. After basically successfully doing what I thought was close to impossible - build a defensive heavy, ball possession team in Madden franchise mode and take them all the way - for some reason I just lost interest when I made the playoffs in year 6 or so. It has been sitting there at that point now for about two months. I tried to play a Play Now game the other day and lost interest at half time.

I've found what interests me most in Madden is the team building aspects more than actually playing games. I don't necessarily want it to be this way, but out of all aspects of Madden it is the franchise mode offseason that I like the most, and that's pretty sad given how under featured and lackluster it is. The gameplay is much more polished than franchise mode, but it doesn't keep me coming back. Gameplay more and more seems to be the stuff inbetween offseasons.

So the other day I figured maybe I'd start a new franchise, sim the first season and do the first offseason and go from there. Maybe even look into coach mode sliders or something. Then I remembered how much of a hassle it is to combat the UDFA problem, how much effort it is to keep on top of coach sliders and CPU rosters regarding their defensive schemes.....and I just went and did something else instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »