Home

Here's an issue (albeit a small one) that's never mentioned...

This is a discussion on Here's an issue (albeit a small one) that's never mentioned... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Here's an issue (albeit a small one) that's never mentioned...

When playing a game in franchise mode, i sometimes need to restart for one reason or another. Sometimes, I get distracted with something going on in the house and give up a TD when not looking, or the controller died during a play that cost me big,( or I was just playing like crap ).

Anyway, unlike old gen I saw the menu has a "restart" option. Great, I thought, I don't have to go all the way back to the menu, skip through the blimp images, intros etc.....except.....there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the offer it. I go into the menu midway through one quarter and the option is there. Later on i go back to restart and only "quit" is offered. Why is that? Why isn't the restart option always there, just like the quit option is?

Anyone can explain this to me?

And if no explanation is possible...can they fix this next year? I realize this is way low on the issue list but it seems like such an easy fix and I see no reason NOT to have it.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Here's an issue (albeit a small one) that's never mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
When playing a game in franchise mode, i sometimes need to restart for one reason or another. Sometimes, I get distracted with something going on in the house and give up a TD when not looking, or the controller died during a play that cost me big,( or I was just playing like crap ).

Anyway, unlike old gen I saw the menu has a "restart" option. Great, I thought, I don't have to go all the way back to the menu, skip through the blimp images, intros etc.....except.....there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the offer it. I go into the menu midway through one quarter and the option is there. Later on i go back to restart and only "quit" is offered. Why is that? Why isn't the restart option always there, just like the quit option is?

And if no explanation is possible...can they fix this next year? I realize this is way low on the issue list but it seems like such an easy fix and I see no reason NOT to have it.
While I don't agree with your tactics of quitting lol, I was bored this morning and decided to take a look at it in a play now game...trying to see when the option for restarting would and wouldn't appear. I found that you can restart the game when the play is dead and you're selecting a play from your playbook, and any other time in the game you cannot. Don't know if that is just for me or not but that's what I found.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
While I don't agree with your tactics of quitting lol, I was bored this morning and decided to take a look at it in a play now game...trying to see when the option for restarting would and wouldn't appear. I found that you can restart the game when the play is dead and you're selecting a play from your playbook, and any other time in the game you cannot. Don't know if that is just for me or not but that's what I found.

yeah.....I know....i'm a sore loser, what can I say....well I take that back. i don't mind losing at all really as long as the game plays legit. i get frustrated like the other night where I had 11 penalties to the cpu's 1, dropped numerous int's while he picks 4 balls with leaping linebackers, tipped balls, etc.....after a few beers i just lose it and restart.

i'll try your suggestions. Dead ball means the clock is not running correct? So an incomplete pass, player out of bounds, end of quarter etc....I'll try that. Thanks.

By the way...not sure I should be talking with someone from "Ypsilanti, Michigan"...LOL....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 04-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

yeah.....I know....i'm a sore loser, what can I say....well I take that back. i don't mind losing at all really as long as the game plays legit. i get frustrated like the other night where I had 11 penalties to the cpu's 1, dropped numerous int's while he picks 4 balls with leaping linebackers, tipped balls, etc.....after a few beers i just lose it and restart.

i'll try your suggestions. Dead ball means the clock is not running correct? So an incomplete pass, player out of bounds, end of quarter etc....I'll try that. Thanks.

By the way...not sure I should be talking with someone from "Ypsilanti, Michigan"...LOL....
Well the clock can be running as well (I think), I meant more like the play being dead...like the whistle.

And trust me, Ypsi is a little sketchy man...a dude just got shot about 3 miles from Eastern's campus like a week ago.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
Well the clock can be running as well (I think), I meant more like the play being dead...like the whistle.

And trust me, Ypsi is a little sketchy man...a dude just got shot about 3 miles from Eastern's campus like a week ago.

I know it won't work like that then. I never try to quit in the middle of a play. It's always after a pick, TD, etc. I'll see when I can notice it offers it. I know it offers it but I can't find a rhyme or reason as to when.

And no offense to Ypsi...but that's one of the stranger names for a town I've come across.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

its simple, if the playcall screen is up then you can restart, if not you can only quit until the playcalling screen comes up again
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
its simple, if the playcall screen is up then you can restart, if not you can only quit until the playcalling screen comes up again

I think you are right. I discovered last night at the end of a play there was no restart......then when the play screen came up there it was.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

They should get rid of the Restart option and replace it with the return of In-Game Saves. I am still amazed they took out the in game save option, that would solve some of these issues where people have to leave and do things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »