Home

Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay

1. Will there be engaged player movement?

2. Will defensive linemen be programmed to man specific gaps?
2A. Will defensive ends be given aiming points up the field instead of "looking" to engage the tackle? example: Jim Washburn with the Eagles gives the ends on a speed rush an aiming point about 7 yards in the backfield...

...kinda like this:

3. Will the CPU defense align properly? example: I come out in a 3 wide set. The CPU counters with Nickel, but leaves my slot receiver uncovered with the CPU Nickel back on the other side of the field.

4. Will the CPU on both sides of the ball call plays to the field? example: in the NFL, most of the time .when a team runs 3 receivers or trips, the 3rd receiver will be on the wide side of the field.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The big question I have is whether or not they have tuned the pass rush, and if so, how.

I am particularly curious to know if they have toned down the pass rush from the DT position and if they have redone the rush animations between the OT and DE.

There's a super quick rip animation that triggers all the time between the LDT and RG that causes far too many pressures from the inside. Have they tried to address that?

Also, have they tried to address the way OT and DE/OLB engage? Currently the rush turns into a patty cake at the LOS and you either get an instant win, or more often, a massive push outside the pocket that doesn't mimic well the true angle and push of an edge rush. Have they consciously tried to change that this year?

Thanks for taking requests!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

do player ratings mean something meaning can you tell the difference between average palyers and all pro?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Double team pass blocking in the game this year?

I also second all of Trojan Man's questions, if you could please possibly find out. These are very important.

Thanks and have a great trip!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

1.Have they fixed the Replay system so you get to watch the whole replay during a challenge?
2. Did they fix the Challenge play so you have options on what you want challenged, if its a catch, did they have control for 3 seconds,ball spot,inbounds things like this?
3. Have they fixed special teams so you can get blocks and have a chance to run it back. Have better punted ball spots and players not running to the field goal after kicks.
4. Superman LBs and Jumped routes by DBs.
5. Ovrs so players play like stars or 3rd string, so overalls adjustments?
6. Will we be able to pick out celebrations or create them for endzone TDs,INTs and Sacks?
7.Have they fixed the O-line pancakes?
8. Have they fixed FS tackles when simming so they get a descent amount of tackles seems like they only get there tackles when you play yourself.
9.Routes
10.Physics ?
11.Dropped INTs way to many in a game?
12.Penalties fixed?
13. Not sure if this goes here but will team chemistry and player moral be back, upset players?
These would be enough to make me happy, Thanks.

Last edited by juggalotusx; 04-07-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

1. Has the oline blocking for the pass and run blocking been greatly improved?

2. Has the DB mirror imaging WRs routes been taken out?

3. Has the Super LBer problem been fixed?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Do pass interference and defensive holding get called with reasonable frequency this year? I have yet to see any pass interference calls in Madden 12, and obviously defensive holding is not a penalty in that game.

NCAA Football 13 will reportedly see changes in how the passing game works; will Madden NFL 13 also see those changes?

Can formation substitutions be set outside of a gameplay context?

Can the player manually reset formation subs with a dedicated reset button? (note that by this I specifically know that I can sub the original player back in, that is not what I am asking here, that still counts as a formation sub)

Will user-created package substitutions return this year?

Can I motion more than one player in a formation prior to a play starting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #16
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

This is more of a suggestion that you could give them for the offensive line and I think it will really help with blocking problems.

As of now pass-blocked is done as the blocker is assigned the guy directly in front of him. So the LT takes on the RE, regardless if there is a ROLB lined up at blitz (as in a 3-4). When the ball is hiked the LT picked up the RE and the LG then will roll to the left to grab the ROLB (same goes for the other side of the line).

A simple but effective change would be to have the same 'block assignment' that they have went run-blocking for pass-blocking also. You would 'code' the LT's assignment to be whoever is blitzing from the left-most side and the assignment would change (as it does when run-blocking) based on who's showing blitz and who is not. You would do this for all offense-line positions.

This should help form a better pocket for quarterbacks and would seem like a quick fix.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »