Home

End of Console Generations is Not an Excuse for No Innovation

This is a discussion on End of Console Generations is Not an Excuse for No Innovation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #65

OVR: 34
Re: End of Console Generations is Not an Excuse for No Innovation

Good article. I think though that nothing so far this generation gives me hope that what looks to be the last installmment (or second to last) will do much. Madden let down a lot of sports gamers this generation. We knew what we were getting with the exclusive license. It was going to be up to EA Sports to deliver something definitive and they didn't.

I will continue saying this until I see a distinct, positive turn around with this franchise. Madden football has no soul. You just don't get the sense when you put this game in that it is pulling you in. It's just not that kind of game. You could argue that in many cases it's out of the developers hands because this game makes money and they will always play it safe and not fix what they consider not to be broken.

But the game lacks an identity. Pro-tak is in, pro-tak is out. Online franchise is in, online franchise isn't enhanced or even give much attention. There's a long list of "improvements" that come in for one year and are grayed out the next. It just gives you the sense the title lacks a true core identity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #66
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
Thanks. I did some research of my own and was finding different answers from different sources. Some websites said Madden 13 is the last one and some sites said it runs to Madden 14 so I'm still a bit confused. Thanks for the reply.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that I believe they signed a one year extension last year when there was threat of an NFL lockout, which would've likely had a significant impact on sales for Maddel 12 so the original deal would've expired this year but the extension allows for one more year.

(I could be wrong on how long the extension was for but I know I'm right about an extension being signed last year when there was talk of a lockout)

In reality, this will probably all be a moot point though when EA & the NFL sign some six or seven year extension that shuts out other companies again (hopefully not the case but I don't see things realistically going any other way).
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #67
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
Forget innovation can I just have a game that actually plays like a real game of football....
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #68
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
LOL!!!!! There is always .... someone .... who comes out of the woodwork with the "but, the next one's going to be better". I'm not sure if these folks are just fanboys, or just gullible. As for me, and the droves upone droves of folks here on OS that I (know) I speak for, EA's football game is terrible in terms of gameplay. That fact won't change until EA changes.
There are still the ones who try to claim nothing is wrong with either EA Football game and anytime someone says something bad about EA they chalk us up to just being 2k fan boys. It always makes me wonder if they are playing the same game, or if there standards are just that low that they are easily pleased by anything shiny.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
There are still the ones who try to claim nothing is wrong with either EA Football game and anytime someone says something bad about EA they chalk us up to just being 2k fan boys. It always makes me wonder if they are playing the same game, or if there standards are just that low that they are easily pleased by anything shiny.
I really doubt there are "fan boys" on either side. Madden doesn't play a realistic brand of NFL football and 2k is in the distant past.

I just think one side likes to label the other side and vice versa to rehash historical references.

There's plenty of reason's to feel a bit optimistic with Madden 13 and there is plenty of reasons to feel apprehensive about Madden 13 at the same time.

We'll soon find out.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #70
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
Wow...seeing those covers really brought back memories...
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 AM   #71
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

At the time I didn't think the Tony Bruno Show was such a big deal. Looking at the Madden series in its current state I wish we had any show to immerse us into the other teams around the league.
Don't get me wrong, I want improved gameplay as well but it would be a welcomed addition to have a show to keep the drama alive between games.
I remember back in the day if I put a high profile player on the trade block and he had a big ego, it would cause the player to lose his moral and he would start griping or crying to the media, which in turn brought the teams moral down. Lil things like a tweet can change things so fast nowadays, it would be nice to see more immersion into the around the league games. Have players moral mattering on and off the field again. Having the off-field stories make it into the on-field commentary would be sweet imo.

Heres to M13 taking a big step in this direction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #72
Rookie

No matter what we all say nobody will listen to us because millions upon millions of people go out and buy the game and whats the point of working extra hard to make changes when EA just makes hundreds of millions off games that it seems like they hardly try on

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »