Home

Is it possible to sell out a game?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to sell out a game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2003, 12:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Is it possible to sell out a game?

Here's the situation in my Vikings franchise:
I'm in week 10 of my second season and I have a 6-2 record. It should be noted that I went 13-3 the year before, so my fan support is pretty high.

Now, I have a Monday night game scheduled with the Packers and they're 5-3. You'd think this would definitely be sold out, if not because of loyal Vikings fans, then because of how many Packer fans live in the Twin Cities area.

My attendance: 97%(-1%) and I've advertised 200k per week for the last 4 or 5 weeks

How the hell does my attendance go down for such a big game after a win at home in the previous week (38-35 over the Redskins)? As of the end of the 2002 season, the Vikings have sold out 54 consecutive games (pre, regular, and postseason).

Normally, I wouldn't think anything of these attendence numbers, but I got my *** kicked 48-24. It was one of those sh!t games where no matter what you do, it's impossible to win. My receivers had 6 dropped passes, not including the ones that don't count as drops where the receiver doesn't turn around, only to have the ball hit him in the back. I probably had 3 or 4 of those. As a result, Culpepper was 12 of 34 (35.3%) passing for 182 yards and 3 ints. The interceptions all came at the end of the game when I was getting pissed off and tried throwing deep every f*cking play. I was pissed.

Thanks for letting me vent some anger. Has anybody ever had a sellout? I think the most I've ever had is 98%, which I've had 2 or 3 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2003, 02:18 AM   #2
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is it possible to sell out a game?

Yes, you can sell-out a game. As of now, I have 100% attendance going into my game against the Bucs. I also won the SB the year before so that helps alot and I had a perfect season. Also, getting a blow-out loss hurts fan attendance some.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:51 AM   #3
Darth_Dorn

OVR:

If you're looking for one sellout game, then you can definately get it. Have high fan interest, advertise a lot that week, and make the game a fan appreciation day.

As for the entire season, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

I never advertise, yet I have a high fan support. During the regular season, I never sell out. I am usually at around 90-98% attendence. The only times I do sell out is in playoff games. The first round might only have 98% or so, but after that it is always 100%.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Best I can do is 99% but I am happy with that. Just takes a lot of advertising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #6
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

I've done it for a full season, advertise more than a million dollar on home games and had good fan support (almost or at full).
Old 10-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm in my second season in the NFC Championship game with the Vikings. I sold out my last home game with my fan support full. I've advertised $200K per week all year and I had fan appreciation day the only game I sold out. In the division game my attendance was 97%(-3). Playoff games should always sell out, especially considering the Vikes sell out every game durig the season in real life. WTF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »