Home

Imagine if Madden hadn't removed these features....

This is a discussion on Imagine if Madden hadn't removed these features.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Imagine if Madden hadn't removed these features....

Also, as a separate reply to TNT...

Reasons why you don't like something aren't reasons why the feature should be removed from the game. I don't like MUT, but I don't think it should be removed from the game.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I don't see why QB Vision is such a polarizing topic. If you didn't like it, TURN IT OFF!!!!!

Here are some more features that are missing:

1) Substitution / Package menus--the ability to create packages or place certain players in certain formations is a must have feature that should have never been removed

2) Player Morale--this feature added a touch of realism to a game that desperately needs as much as it can get. If you play a franchise, you'll see teams continuously resign the same players. Players need to leave teams for greener pastures or bigger paydays. There isn't much free agent movement in franchise mode.

3) In-game Scores ticker--it was cool being able to see the score of other games that are going on during your game

This feature would ROCK in online franchise modes, keeps people in the know on the fly. Also it will also let people know their chances of making the playoffs or who they're gonna play next in a playoff setting!

TNT,

Post it on the forum man, I dont think it will hurt, im pretty sure we all would like to read it!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Not the 5 best, just the 5 that popped into my head first. My favorite was the QB "Stroke" in which quarterbacks who wouldn't have been cleared medically to play were on the field.

PM your email and I'll send you the paper. Same goes for anyone else that wants to read it.

Later
Man, that still happens today!

If EA locked out that player in regular online games until he actually came back to play would be nice. But I'd settle for the player getting even more jacked up by playing injured if the guy who puts him back knows the risk is far greater than it used to be for pulling stunts like that. Like in the Steeler's v 49er game or the Broncos v Steeler's playoff game. Ben was hurt and it showed and he took that risk and failed, thats how it should be in madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #36
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krunk4u
3. Being able to commit defense to the run or pass once the play began.
There was a good thread a few weeks ago where this topic was debated. I personally found run/pass commit kind of gimmicky. I used it, and got really good with it when it was available, but it was really just a band aide for the poor programming of the defensive AI to get then to do what they should've already been doing.

I'm in favor of a slightly different, more comprehensive way to communicate with the defense that was more strategy based.

Quote:
4. Being able to individually make your corners play press or off coverage.
Actually, individual coverages are in the game. The shading inside/out isn't where it needs to be, but they did add the feature back for Madden 12.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #37
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Not the 5 best, just the 5 that popped into my head first. My favorite was the QB "Stroke" in which quarterbacks who wouldn't have been cleared medically to play were on the field.

PM your email and I'll send you the paper. Same goes for anyone else that wants to read it.

Later
I already posted it. [email protected]

If anyone here wants to email me, feel free. I don't care. I block spam.

What ever happened to that chat window box thingy Meboo or what ever they called it? On April 1st it went down and hasn't come back. I keep checking my user CP and it is set to on, but it's gone. I was starting to enjoy that thing. I didn't think it was a feature in Madden [to be removed, brought back and then pretend it is new]

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-13-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I thought the vision cone was absolute garbage myself but they should have left it on as an option for other USERs who liked it...
Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 8

I really don't want this to become a "QB Vision" thread...

But the paper didn't say anything about taking QB Vision out of the game. It merely analyzed the QB Vision system and compared it to the traditional passing system and illustrated several reasons it didn't work as well as it was intended...

In a game where the user was at ground level - ala Superstar - QB Vision makes a ton more sense because with the camera closer to ground level the QB's eyes become more important - especially if you're on defending.

Sent the paper to PG... Anyone else that wants to give it a read is welcome to PM me with their email and I'll be happy to send it.

Later
Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #40

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I really don't want this to become a "QB Vision" thread...
Then why do you continue to make it one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »