Home

player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season?

This is a discussion on player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player progression stinks period lol.

I had a 60 ovr WR who I made into a monster and he didnt even improve. Hopefully they fix this.

Another thing that would be great is if I make an F potential into a beast. He doesnt need to jump to an A or even a B but it would be nice to see their potential rise as they become consistent playmakers for you.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
I agree to a point, but this isn't completely accurate. He played more and had success. That leads to learning more. He did get better by playing to at least some degree. Doing something is the best way to learn. In game experience should help you get better as a player. That isn't stats = progression, that's experience = knowledge /refining skills. Can't tell me you aren't going to get better at something after you've done it 100 times than you were the first time.
This is exactly why the number of downs played should have an effect on the speed of progression. By that I mean it should have zero affect on whether or not a player progresses or regresses, but should have an effect on the scale of that change. In essence, a starter should see their ratings go up or down more quickly than a backup (on average, if all other variables are equal).

That's much different, though, than saying stats should determine whether or not a player progresses and by how much. Stats, really, should have nothing to do with the progression of a player's abilities. Stats should only matter for a player's contract and trade value.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 10

I love what you said Argooos (and gjneff)! There needs to be a value rating, for those 'less' skilled players that produce! I want overall gone/hidden during franchise mode to be completely honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 13

I can't say I'm among those who want OVR gone completely, but that's because playing GM for all 32 teams would be a lot harder if I had to look at the individual ratings for every player in the league to manage my rosters. What could work though is if they replaced OVR with a "player type" indicator. So, for wide receivers, there would be no OVR rating, but they would instead by labelled as "Possession receiver" or "Speed receiver" or whatever.

In any case, that has little do with the player progression, which is what this topic is about.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 10

You're right, but it helps alleviate the problem of people not progressing when they have monster years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »