Home

Can EA kill the NANO BLITZ?

This is a discussion on Can EA kill the NANO BLITZ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Can EA kill the NANO BLITZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
From my experience, when say a S or LB is set to man coverage vs the HB, if the HB stays in to pass protect the defender will always blitz. He does for me atleast, maybe its a Play recognition thing.... not sure. I will have to look at some video but I see it all the time and tend to get a fair amount of sacks from it.
Yeah, if that happens, I can understand it. I know I don't always see it so like you said, could be a ratings thing, but I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, if that happens, I can understand it. I know I don't always see it so like you said, could be a ratings thing, but I wouldn't have a problem with that.
I'm pretty sure (like 90%) that it happens that way now. I'm in the middle of making a few videos, when I'm done with those I will search my archives for M12 and see if I can find it. Problem for me is most of the time I'm user covering the HB, but not always.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #35
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

now we are splitting hairs, nano, not a nano, does it really matter the name of it??? any blitz that you can call and work EVERY time you call it is cheesy as hell, and should be taken out of the game, if you send 6 against 5 then yes someone should run free, but i should have the tools to stop it, and if i leave my RB in he should at least see the blitzer. Nanos in real life happen once or twice a season, not 2 times a possession. Come on EA you can do it, fix this ish ASAP!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
now we are splitting hairs, nano, not a nano, does it really matter the name of it??? any blitz that you can call and work EVERY time you call it is cheesy as hell, and should be taken out of the game, if you send 6 against 5 then yes someone should run free, but i should have the tools to stop it, and if i leave my RB in he should at least see the blitzer. Nanos in real life happen once or twice a season, not 2 times a possession. Come on EA you can do it, fix this ish ASAP!!
There is no blitz that works every time, you do have the tools to stop it. Slide protection, screens, Blocking your HB, Or TE, or a certain formation will work. Blue routes from plays like Snugs PA. +1 rushers will shoot a guy free, just slide the line in his direction or add an extra blocker. Simple.

The problem is most guys will get sacked and then go 5 wide which is worse, then get mad at the game.

Chess match
EA Sports Game Changer
Author of Madden NFL 12 Official Players Guide + NCAA Football 12 Prima Guide
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #37
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFarls
Chess match
Madden isn't chess, it's checkers.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
From my experience, when say a S or LB is set to man coverage vs the HB, if the HB stays in to pass protect the defender will always blitz. He does for me atleast, maybe its a Play recognition thing.... not sure. I will have to look at some video but I see it all the time and tend to get a fair amount of sacks from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
In the NFL this is the norm for the defender assign to the Hb to blitz if the HB is in pass protection.

He just needs to look for the HB to leak out this is how the defense can get killed.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25
Yep, I checked through 7 videos last night and out off the 17 plays where I wasn't user covering the hb in man coverage, the cpu defender attacked the line when the hb stayed in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Yep, I checked through 7 videos last night and out off the 17 plays where I wasn't user covering the hb in man coverage, the cpu defender attacked the line when the hb stayed in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Cool deal. Good to know at least one thing works right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »