Home

STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

This is a discussion on STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #65
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dano said:
Boilerbuzz,

Yes, I am saying that you cannot change the run at the line of acrimmage. Yes, i have played the game. You can switch the play but not just the run direction. If you choose a play to run right and the defense is stacked left you can use playtmaker to run the opposite side. this is not available in ESPN. In ESPN you can swith the whole play which will shift the defense.

....you can switch the direction of the play including the run at the line of scrimmage. All you have to do is press the b button and press the right thumbstick. This is for xbox, I don't know about ps2.

On PS2 you press triangle (to bring up the audible window) and then press R3 (press the right analog stick) and it will flip the run play without flipping the entire formation or tipping off the defense.

Dano, you may have played the game but you obviously did not know this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2003, 08:44 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dano said:
Boilerbuzz,

Yes, I am saying that you cannot change the run at the line of acrimmage. Yes, i have played the game. You can switch the play but not just the run direction. If you choose a play to run right and the defense is stacked left you can use playtmaker to run the opposite side. this is not available in ESPN. In ESPN you can swith the whole play which will shift the defense.

....you can switch the direction of the play including the run at the line of scrimmage. All you have to do is press the b button and press the right thumbstick. This is for xbox, I don't know about ps2.

On PS2 you press triangle (to bring up the audible window) and then press R3 (press the right analog stick) and it will flip the run play without flipping the entire formation or tipping off the defense.

this is why the american education system is crumbling...we play videogames all day...imagine if we used this amount of energy in chemistry class...scholars i tell you

p.s...both games are hot
p.p.s...its funny how these games are not even a half year old...but we know every imperfection for them
p.p.s...play on default everything...it has to be much more satisfying to know you beat the game the way it was intended to be played...1
Old 10-09-2003, 08:56 PM   #67
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

dano said:
Boilerbuzz,

this is why the american education system is crumbling...we play videogames all day...imagine if we used this amount of energy in chemistry class...scholars i tell you

p.s...both games are hot
p.p.s...its funny how these games are not even a half year old...but we know every imperfection for them
p.p.s...play on default everything...it has to be much more satisfying to know you beat the game the way it was intended to be played...1

Good stuff, man, good stuff indeed.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:42 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
the fatigue system is already the best they don't need to change that at all.

WTF??!!! The Fatigue needs to be alot more apparent on the field and affect gameplay more. Visual Concepts needs to address this, man.

it doesn i don't know what game you're playing and what you expect from fatigue. I been watching/playing football games for years and i think you're wrong about this.If you ever played football you might get tired go out for a play then jump right back in the game it's not that serious with fatigue man. Now when i played basketball i can tell you fatigue is a big factor because you're playing offense and defense but in football that's not the case. If you run the ball with your meter down in ESPN you'll fumble or sumthin so it does all it's supposed to do.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #69
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

dano said:
Boilerbuzz,

So, you are saying that in the NFL a team could pass to the slant receiver every time for a completion but choose not to? The CPU should adjust to what I am doing to win. maybe try into a double man coverage or something to stop it. In madden this happens. tyr running the same play more and see what happens. you will see a new coverage scheme. If I can hot route and get it 95% or the time that means I cannot use the slant route.

I use the analog stick and get the zig zag. i think this is called 8 directional. try running straight and then move right and left. What happens?

I am not fishing for reasons to dislike either game. I bought both right? But after playing both I realized I cannot play a game that I have to help win. If i have to jump offsides so they will kick the winning field goal then I don't want to play that game. maybe to you that is not important but to me it is huge. if you play an entire season and it comes down to one play. exciting right. not in espn. you MAY have to help the CPU beat you because this is the right thing to do. maybe the CPU would miss the 47 yarder butnow it is at 42 and a sure thing. this is not fishing this is a fact.

i play in madden and run two franchises. both made their respective conference championship games. I usually sim the season and play the playoffs. anyway, my first one jets vs titans I got crsushed. my qb threw 3 picks and i had 2 fumbles. the next one i won big. in the superbowl i had a close game winning 23-17. the cpu was driving and using short out patterns to move down the field AND use the clock. the cpu used the cloclk perfectly (in fact too good) and it came down to the final play from the 20. i pciked it off to win. my point is that whne you win in madden you really feel like you won. I didn't have to help or feel liek i cheated.

But i know next year i will buy both. and if espn improves and madden sticks with the same boring presentation then i may convert. just not for 2004.

Like I said, it looks as though you have not really dug into the game. Not only does ESPN flip run plays, but you can flip the passing plays.

As far as team running slants all day, yes, they can, but of course, in REAL life, individual players will make an adjustment. The kinds that are more specialized than you would want in a video game. A play adjustment would prevent the receivers from making very many yards after the catch.

If you are using the analog stick and you are zig zagging, then that's you. Sorry, it's the truth. Like I said before, the games one fault in my opinion is that if a user wants the game to look like crap, they have all the control in the world to do so.

I find it hard to believe you have to "help" the game more than once out of every 15 games. I find that very hard to believe. But that's your choice. No one can come down on you for that. I certainly won't. You get what you WANT from the game. If you play 9 fantastic games, but in the 10th, you have to "help" the game, I get the feeling you'll forget about the other nine games when it comes to ESPN. But what do I know. I'm not in your living room. I'll say that for as many times I've thrown the controller playing Madden, I don't focus on those moments. I take the good and move on. The good moments are worth the moments of frustration and disappointment. Maybe I shouldn't have said fishing. But I do believe that many of you make a conscious effort to focus on the flaws of the game that's not your favorite and are more than willing to overlook the flaws of your favorite. That's what I think is sad.

Next year... EVERY year the Sega title improves by leaps and bounds. And every year, people will say, "yeah they fixed all this, but NOW I see this one problem and that just ruins everything for me". It's tired and old. Madden will improve. ESPN will improve. There is no "if" about it. The bottomline is that this statement will echo for years. ESPN will have to be a PERFECT game to tear you away from Madden. That is just not possible. Madden is an outstanding title and unless another game is perfect, there is really no reason to switch over is there? I really think that none of the Madden fans want any other game except a Madden. If the game doesn't feel like Madden, then they don't want it. Doesn't matter if it looks better, plays a better game of football, or has if it costs less. If it's not the game they know, as long as their darling is still a good game, they will stick to it.

But who cares. You have your game. Have fun with it. I'm going to have fun with my gameS and pity the folks that won't get over the fact that there ARE two truly great games out there and BOTH of them deserve equal respect and playing time.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:08 AM   #70
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:

WTF??!!! The Fatigue needs to be alot more apparent on the field and affect gameplay more. Visual Concepts needs to address this, man.

it doesn i don't know what game you're playing and what you expect from fatigue. I been watching/playing football games for years and i think you're wrong about this.If you ever played football you might get tired go out for a play then jump right back in the game it's not that serious with fatigue man.

You simply don't get it. In ESPN player can be won to a 30% fatigue level but still play at a level defies his current level of fatigue. BTW, Yes, I have played football. I know at the end of a game I did not feel the same as before the game started. I was tired, sore, beat up and wanted go home and get a massage from my girl....and the last thing I wanted to do was play another down, quarter or half of football.

ESPN needs to shows this. The fatigue needs to affect player ability as well as show how gradually , over the duration of the game, how players wear down...especially on defense. Don't get me wrong... The Fatigue system in espn is good but could WORLDS better in way that totally redefine the way we play the game and ultimately result in the most realistic depiction of player fatigue ever.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:

it doesn i don't know what game you're playing and what you expect from fatigue. I been watching/playing football games for years and i think you're wrong about this.If you ever played football you might get tired go out for a play then jump right back in the game it's not that serious with fatigue man.

You simply don't get it. In ESPN player can be won to a 30% fatigue level but still play at a level defies his current level of fatigue. BTW, Yes, I have played football. I know at the end of a game I did not feel the same as before the game started. I was tired, sore, beat up and wanted go home and get a massage from my girl....and the last thing I wanted to do was play another down, quarter or half of football.

ESPN needs to shows this. The fatigue needs to affect player ability as well as show how gradually , over the duration of the game, how players wear down...especially on defense. Don't get me wrong... The Fatigue system in espn is good but could WORLDS better in way that totally redefine the way we play the game and ultimately result in the most realistic depiction of player fatigue ever.

actually the fatigue in espn is set so players wont just call plays in 2 seconds run to the line and just get a play off before 5 seconds of clock. I like to let the players get their fatigue back, read the defense, call audible or hot route to adjust and the fatigue is dead on point with it. I played football and never was tired or wanted to go home from being beat up. then agian i didn't get beat up cause i was a WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2003, 12:24 AM   #72
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
Quote:

dano said:
Boilerbuzz,

So, you are saying that in the NFL a team could pass to the slant receiver every time for a completion but choose not to? The CPU should adjust to what I am doing to win. maybe try into a double man coverage or something to stop it. In madden this happens. tyr running the same play more and see what happens. you will see a new coverage scheme. If I can hot route and get it 95% or the time that means I cannot use the slant route.

I use the analog stick and get the zig zag. i think this is called 8 directional. try running straight and then move right and left. What happens?

I am not fishing for reasons to dislike either game. I bought both right? But after playing both I realized I cannot play a game that I have to help win. If i have to jump offsides so they will kick the winning field goal then I don't want to play that game. maybe to you that is not important but to me it is huge. if you play an entire season and it comes down to one play. exciting right. not in espn. you MAY have to help the CPU beat you because this is the right thing to do. maybe the CPU would miss the 47 yarder butnow it is at 42 and a sure thing. this is not fishing this is a fact.

i play in madden and run two franchises. both made their respective conference championship games. I usually sim the season and play the playoffs. anyway, my first one jets vs titans I got crsushed. my qb threw 3 picks and i had 2 fumbles. the next one i won big. in the superbowl i had a close game winning 23-17. the cpu was driving and using short out patterns to move down the field AND use the clock. the cpu used the cloclk perfectly (in fact too good) and it came down to the final play from the 20. i pciked it off to win. my point is that whne you win in madden you really feel like you won. I didn't have to help or feel liek i cheated.

But i know next year i will buy both. and if espn improves and madden sticks with the same boring presentation then i may convert. just not for 2004.

Like I said, it looks as though you have not really dug into the game. Not only does ESPN flip run plays, but you can flip the passing plays.

As far as team running slants all day, yes, they can, but of course, in REAL life, individual players will make an adjustment. The kinds that are more specialized than you would want in a video game. A play adjustment would prevent the receivers from making very many yards after the catch.

If you are using the analog stick and you are zig zagging, then that's you. Sorry, it's the truth. Like I said before, the games one fault in my opinion is that if a user wants the game to look like crap, they have all the control in the world to do so.

I find it hard to believe you have to "help" the game more than once out of every 15 games. I find that very hard to believe. But that's your choice. No one can come down on you for that. I certainly won't. You get what you WANT from the game. If you play 9 fantastic games, but in the 10th, you have to "help" the game, I get the feeling you'll forget about the other nine games when it comes to ESPN. But what do I know. I'm not in your living room. I'll say that for as many times I've thrown the controller playing Madden, I don't focus on those moments. I take the good and move on. The good moments are worth the moments of frustration and disappointment. Maybe I shouldn't have said fishing. But I do believe that many of you make a conscious effort to focus on the flaws of the game that's not your favorite and are more than willing to overlook the flaws of your favorite. That's what I think is sad.

Next year... EVERY year the Sega title improves by leaps and bounds. And every year, people will say, "yeah they fixed all this, but NOW I see this one problem and that just ruins everything for me". It's tired and old. Madden will improve. ESPN will improve. There is no "if" about it. The bottomline is that this statement will echo for years. ESPN will have to be a PERFECT game to tear you away from Madden. That is just not possible. Madden is an outstanding title and unless another game is perfect, there is really no reason to switch over is there? I really think that none of the Madden fans want any other game except a Madden. If the game doesn't feel like Madden, then they don't want it. Doesn't matter if it looks better, plays a better game of football, or has if it costs less. If it's not the game they know, as long as their darling is still a good game, they will stick to it.

But who cares. You have your game. Have fun with it. I'm going to have fun with my gameS and pity the folks that won't get over the fact that there ARE two truly great games out there and BOTH of them deserve equal respect and playing time.

Here here, Boiler!!

But God willing...should VC and Tiburon ever collaberate and make a game with ESPNs' gameplay, graphics and presentation plus Madden's Franchise depth and overall offield polish....I would lose...my FRUKKING....MIND!!!!!!

what would it be called "MADDESPN NFL FOOTFALL" ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »