Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #97
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Wouldn't integrating all career modes and upgrading DPP be improvements and changes to Franchise mode?
To franchise's gameplay elements perhaps. What about the other 90% of it?

This "career" stuff sounds like Superstar mode redux.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #98
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Wouldn't integrating all career modes and upgrading DPP be improvements and changes to Franchise mode?
I'm hoping there is some improvement in the FA signing when it comes during the regular season. I don't want to go sign a FA and my only option is 1 year 100.000$. Hoping to see them add back options to give FAs different types of contracts according to their overall rating and age and so on. I hated Looman and his crew water down FA signing in Madden 12. If they fixed it this year then I will be happy with franchise mode again.

PS They need to fix the accel. clock aswell. I hate not having the option turning it off in franchise mode.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-23-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #99
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Assumptions aren't wise.
Franchise mode was a pre release marketing headline last year. Last year, franchise mode would have gotten its own date for release info based on this format. And the end result was fairly minimal improvements while a bevy of issues and short commings remains.

It doesn't make a mention at all in this year's schedule of info releases. I think you'd be clinging onto a pretty slim hope if you were expecting much in the way of proper franchise mode improvements based on that info schedule.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #100
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I agree but it's that whole new from the ground up thing that makes me hope all the conventional wisdom about real network wars are no longer relevant.

Such stuff was unheard of before next-gen Madden and other games use real network branding as a marketing tool. Just makes me wonder if all that talk about real network conflicts wasn't a convenient excuse in the past to push EA's Beyond Broadcast presentation that has since been scrapped.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #101
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I'm hoping this is some improvement in the FA signing when it comes during the regular season. I don't want to go sign a FA and my only option is 1 year 100.000$. Hoping to see them add back options to give FAs different types of contracts according to their overall rating and age and so on. I hated Looman and his crew water down FA signing in Madden 12. If they fixed it this year then I will be with franchise mode again.

PS They need to fix the accel. clock aswell. I hate not having the option turning it off in franchise mode.
It is awfully strange to only be able to offer a FA a one year league minimum deal with no options. I'd also like to be able to front-load or back-load any contract, and not just the FA Bidding ones.

And the accelerated clock is a must; not just the option to turn it off, but the option to adjust it up or down. I love playing 15 minute quarters and getting reaslitic stats off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yooooo... this Ray-J gif is killing me right now.

I remember the first time I saw it... and the context. One of the all time funniest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #102
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I think you are wrong, but I hope I'm wrong, lol. People have stated earlier, the kinect is not that popular. Plus the ps3 does not have the kinect. There is just no way they are going to dedicate that much resource into something that like 5% of people have. It just doesn't add up.
As of January, 25% of 360 owners have a Kinect as it passed 18 million sold and also holds a Guinness world record for fastest selling consumer device.

If that's not popular then what is? Just because you don't like something doesn't make it unpopular.

I couldn't tell you the last time I've used it for gaming, but it's a pretty remarkable device for navigating the 360 and apps like Netflix.

The only thing that doesn't add up is saying that only 5% would have access to a Kinect related feature.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #103
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
To franchise's gameplay elements perhaps. What about the other 90% of it?

This "career" stuff sounds like Superstar mode redux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I'm hoping this is some improvement in the FA signing when it comes during the regular season. I don't want to go sign a FA and my only option is 1 year 100.000$. Hoping to see them add back options to give FAs different types of contracts according to their overall rating and age and so on. I hated Looman and his crew water down FA signing in Madden 12. If they fixed it this year then I will be with franchise mode again.

It's no secret I loooove to speculate so let me present it like this.

If the devs responsible for working on offline franchise, online franchise and superstar were tasked with integrating those career modes together, all the existing features unique to each mode, would be new to the others.

So if all I ever played is one mode, each addition from another mode, is an improvement. For example, integrating player contracts into online franchise from offline franchise is an improvement. Implementing contract negotiations and potentially game play camera views from superstar mode into any franchise mode is an improvement. Being able to access an one player offline franchise through the internet from online franchise is an improvement.

That's what I mean by IF that is the case, "connecting career modes" is tantamount to improving each one.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
As of January, 25% of 360 owners have a Kinect as it passed 18 million sold and also holds a Guinness world record for fastest selling consumer device.

If that's not popular then what is? Just because you don't like something doesn't make it unpopular.

I couldn't tell you the last time I've used it for gaming, but it's a pretty remarkable device for navigating the 360 and apps like Netflix.

The only thing that doesn't add up is saying that only 5% would have access to a Kinect related feature.
I agree with you. I'm guessing in the wind but I would bet money that there is something to do with Kinect with Madden 13. Whether this is the "game changing" thing they are talking about for Game Play 2 I don't know, but I would bet money that Kinect and Madden 13 are connected in some way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »