Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #65
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Oh god please no emphasis on that Motion Control malarkey.....big waste of time with where that tech is

"blurring the line between virtual and reality."

My top two guesses both have negatives to what it is

*Revamped playoook/Playcalling/Gameplanning
Adding Tiered Plalycalling and a Package Creator that allows you to swap Players IN/Out in the menus before a game would definitely make teams more authentic....and a File sharing System with that would take it to another level for the community

-But Im not sure something like that fits with the tag line....Im not sure that would stand out enough to the average Player for it to live up to that tag line

*Revamped Physics
This is the obvious one.....that would certainly live up to the claim....

-But this is a business....and we're in the last year of this gen....
Why would EA roll this what Im sure was expensive tech out now, when they could put it off until the new consoles arrive???

My Wilcard is

*Revamped Fatigue/Moral/Physicality Factor

Ive always wanted a system that lets your team Break the "Will" of the other team over the course of a game

Whether its through Punishing hits to the Offense that maybe triggers new animations....
WRs who pull up on balls because they are tired of getting clobbered for example

Or on O, being able to suck the life out of a game with a stout running game that picks up 1st down after 1st down

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 8
i think "connected careers" may be something like comparing friends stats or something along those lines. For people that love to play franchise offline but like to see how their friends are doing as well in theirs. Always staying "connected". I feel like EA used the term "connected" a lot when they refer to your friends and online.

Also I think the gameplay blog 2 will be DPP 2.0 like many have already said. NCAA cannot have this feature because of the whole "player likeness" thing being a problem in NCAA. However Madden can do these sorts of things.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I approve of all these faces Sage.

Anyway I enjoy speculation, keep it going.
I enjoy real news more!!

Btw, didn't they say gameflow would revolutionize the way we play games? We all know Kinect and Online Franchise will be new features, just not sure if they are main or minor yet. I really hope these claims are as good as they say they are. Physics would be nice.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

I think connected careers is NFL Superstar online. You choose your player, and someone else chooses theirs, and you are tied in the same league. You might get to play each other.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #69
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think Franchise is a "career mode" though.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

I think this means that Online Franchise, Offline Franchise and Superstar are now all connected together. I think that's why they are not slated for different playbooks like last year.
Please for the love of God I hope you are right. Because if there is no improvements this year in offline franchise. There will be alot of P.O. hardcore franchise guys out there. Hoping Career mode ain't got to do with only with stats. While stats are important and all. There is other things in franchise mode more important needing to be fixed. Hoping career mode is alot more then just stats.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

How does EA blurr the lines between virtual and reality? Physics engine, every hit will not look the same.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #71
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Excitement about Madden 13 in general:

About possibility of a Kinect/Move feature:

EDIT: I just realized how obnoxiously large that kiddie-face pic is...

Last edited by jWILL253; 04-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I would think it would have to be something like "FIFA Physics" making a small integration into gameplay. I mean honestly what else can be considered "monumental"??? O-line vs D-line integration would be fantastic but hardly monumental. Advancements to the DPP like Big suggests does not seem monumental in my eyes. It would just be a tweak and increase to a already working system.

So my guess would be the integration of the FIFA physics engine. I don't believe it would make a full blown integration with tackles and such. But I could see it making a appearance in WR vs DB jostling while running down field & also going up for jump balls "contact in air". This seems to also jive with the new focus on the passing game.

That is my guess at least, anything less would be a let down in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »