Home

Will the left stick cut on a dime/swerving be addressed in Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Will the left stick cut on a dime/swerving be addressed in Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Will the left stick cut on a dime/swerving be addressed in Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I will be pushing this VERY HARD on my next trip to Tiburon which is VERY soon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Can you also push for better tuned fatigue and lowered injury ratings for applicable players/positions.

With fatigue tuned better, it would inherently deter people from attempting to play an unrealistic pace in the game because more impact players would spend more time on the sideline.

With regard to injury, I just don't understand why anyone in the NFL would have around a 100 injury rating. Please talk with them about utilizing the injury rating as an incentive to protect certain players from more contact then others. Like QB, K, P and most smaller framed players in general. For example, it inherently increases the importance of the pocket and getting rid of the ball if most QB's generally had a lower INJ rating because now there is far more risk when exposing them to contact versus the reward of standing in the face of pressure to deliver a pass downfield.

Not to mention adds another element for deciding what type QB to sign, a traditional pocket passer with lower INJ but exceptional pass ratings or a bigger bodied QB with lower pass ratings but higher INJ.

I don't see anyone else pushing for this seemingly simple change CR, so please mention it down at Tiburon.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

They need foot planting technology. They currently do not have this at all in Madden. If you go to instant replay and slow the action down you will see every player is just skating and morphing around the field.

Download the FIFA demo and you will instantly see and feel the difference. FIFA is created by EA so there is no reason why that technology cannot be put into Madden. IF they could get that in and completely do all the running animations. (Addding about 20 for different body types and weight) Madden would be a much better game. They also need to add animations that show if a player is sprinting or not. I see no difference when I press the sprint button or not.....
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Certainly not attempting to derail Taz's thread...but just want to respond to the below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Can you also push for better tuned fatigue and lowered injury ratings for applicable players/positions.

With fatigue tuned better, it would inherently deter people from attempting to play an unrealistic pace in the game because more impact players would spend more time on the sideline.

With regard to injury, I just don't understand why anyone in the NFL would have around a 100 injury rating. Please talk with them about utilizing the injury rating as an incentive to protect certain players from more contact then others. Like QB, K, P and most smaller framed players in general. For example, it inherently increases the importance of the pocket and getting rid of the ball if most QB's generally had a lower INJ rating because now there is far more risk when exposing them to contact versus the reward of standing in the face of pressure to deliver a pass downfield.
Just wanting to play devil's advocate Big:

What would you like changed about the current fatigue and injury systems? I ask b/c while every aspect of the game could stand some improvement, I find fatigue and injury to work just fine.

Even with default fatigue, I find that players do eventually get subbed. The issue to me lies with the default auto-sub settings. The sub out setting is 60 I believe, so unless you go on an extensive drive, you probably don't see any subs. Personally, I have fatigue set at 55 and have customized sub sliders to go along with them.

With injury, I find that it works as intended. I play with my inj setting at 55. I find that it's hard to keep players on the field that have sub-80 injury ratings. In my franchise, I can't keep Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, or DeMarco Murray on the field . It sucks, but it adds another layer to my franchise. Even when I go to the draft, injury rating is something I evaluate b/c it matters in my settings. One DL that I drafted only comes in on nickel defenses b/c he gets hurt too much playing the run.

Now, the elephant in the room is that I play offline. I can customize my settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Certainly not attempting to derail Taz's thread...but just want to respond to the below...

Just wanting to play devil's advocate Big:

What would you like changed about the current fatigue and injury systems? I ask b/c while every aspect of the game could stand some improvement, I find fatigue and injury to work just fine.

Even with default fatigue, I find that players do eventually get subbed. The issue to me lies with the default auto-sub settings. The sub out setting is 60 I believe, so unless you go on an extensive drive, you probably don't see any subs. Personally, I have fatigue set at 55 and have customized sub sliders to go along with them.

With injury, I find that it works as intended. I play with my inj setting at 55. I find that it's hard to keep players on the field that have sub-80 injury ratings. In my franchise, I can't keep Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, or DeMarco Murray on the field . It sucks, but it adds another layer to my franchise. Even when I go to the draft, injury rating is something I evaluate b/c it matters in my settings. One DL that I drafted only comes in on nickel defenses b/c he gets hurt too much playing the run.

Now, the elephant in the room is that I play offline. I can customize my settings.
I think the bold is key because i am mostly an online player but they need work in general, imo.

To your question about specific changes, my issue with fatigue is that there isn't any penalty or hit to it when rushing back out on the field. I have mentioned before about the seeming lack of progressive fatigue during no huddle for the offense and in general during plays. For example, I once watched my girlfriends son run the ball backwards 50-60 yards, attempting to circle around the defense and the most absurd thing was, at no time during the play did the RB ever lose speed/slowly get tired, like one would expect or as seen in NBA2k.

In regards to injury, like I mentioned, my issue is that most players in Madden are too inherently capable of absorbing contact. Payton Manning had his first major injury not because he is some tough iron man but because he was able to avoid "the big hit".

I always use Marvin Harrison as an example of why INJ should be lowered for everybody but more so for frail players because he always said he stayed healthy by getting down and avoiding the big hit. In Madden they seem to apply INJ ratings based how often a player is hurt in real life but that's not taking full advantage of the rating.

Just imagine if the average INJ rating for QBs in Madden was like a 60, how important protecting your QB from contact and getting rid of the ball or getting down when under pressure, instantly becomes.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The sub out setting is 60 I believe, so unless you go on an extensive drive, you probably don't see any subs.
Yep, 60/80 - as crazy as that sounds.

I think fatigue is solid too, but then...I have it on 100 LOL.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
To your question about specific changes, my issue with fatigue is that there isn't any penalty or hit to it when rushing back out on the field. I have mentioned before about the seeming lack of progressive fatigue during no huddle for the offense and in general during plays. For example, I once watched my girlfriends son run the ball backwards 50-60 yards, attempting to circle around the defense and the most absurd thing was, at no time during the play did the RB ever lose speed/slowly get tired, like one would expect or as seen in NBA2k.
That's one reason why I have it at 100 - I definitely see guys slow down on long plays/if they have played a long time. I really notice it on my HB because he's fast, so when see him not "playing at full speed", I know he's about to sub out so I adjust what I do with him, or don't call a run that play.

Quote:
In regards to injury, like I mentioned, my issue is that most players in Madden are too inherently capable of absorbing contact. Payton Manning had his first major injury not because he is some tough iron man but because he was able to avoid "the big hit".

I always use Marvin Harrison as an example of why INJ should be lowered for everybody but more so for frail players because he always said he stayed healthy by getting down and avoiding the big hit. In Madden they seem to apply INJ ratings based how often a player is hurt in real life but that's not taking full advantage of the rating.

Just imagine if the average INJ rating for QBs in Madden was like a 60, how important protecting your QB from contact and getting rid of the ball or getting down when under pressure, instantly becomes.

They need to be smarter about the Injury Prone role as well. But, at least for me, I can always put the injury slider on like..15...with 100 fatigue and guys get injured on almost every play. Real sensitive on that high fatigue, but believe me, I'm watching STA and INJ ratings and that Injury Prone role scares the crap out of me.

I cringed a lot last year with my QB constantly getting slammed. He would have to play "in the gray" and that made him play even more flaky. I knocked Aaron Rodgers out of a playoff game last year because we kept getting to him. I worry about my stud MLB getting hurt because he's always hitting stuff - sometimes he does get a minor injury, but I'm always hoping his 90 TGH keeps him on the field...It matters for me.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

@KBLover, no doubt but you are making slider adjustments, a feature not available for online franchise or ranked games.

What you are describing sounds much more NFL realistic than Madden's current default setting, so I just wish there was a factory setting option that provided more realistic parameters, like you are describing.

WHY oh WHY is having a "simulation" setting, tuned as NFL realistic as EA/Tiburon devs feel they can get the game, not included? How is that some outrageous request that will somehow diminish Madden for other gamers?

Please EA/Tiburon, if you simply refuse to provide a factory "simulation" setting AT LEAST provide an EA Locker feature, circa NCAA Football, that allows the Madden community to exchange completely redone User sliders, ratings, draft classes, team priorities and all manner of customization with each other, for every mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

I am extremely happy that I'm not the only one that seems to be crusading for the player movement to fixed anymore, sheesh lol. I thought you all just rolled over and accepted the abominable movement in NCAA/Madden.

Its like there's nothing but crickets in many of the threads started about this. I thought you all went to the darkside and morphed into tourney/arcade gamers on me lol.

This is a good thing. There's an active thread in the NCAA forum and now here, hell I was about to dig up the old thread "cleats not iceskates" to wake folks up out of the matrix.

Matter of fact, let me go bump the NCAA thread right quick because I'll bet money you guys have let it die lol. I got it.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 04-25-2012 at 06:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »