Home

Bring Madden back to PC

This is a discussion on Bring Madden back to PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
Bring Madden back to PC

Madden was a good game when it was on PC. Many people want to see Madden back. I loved 08 and sometimes like to try it again. I was sad that it just didnt have NCAA to go along with it.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Bring Madden back to PC

Not gonna happen.

Piracy.

:goes to play pirated copy of 07 on laptop:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

That's probably EA's excuse anyway. Just like "piracy" is the reason for DRM and whatever...nevermind there's still piracy even with DRM and whatever.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
That's probably EA's excuse anyway. Just like "piracy" is the reason for DRM and whatever...nevermind there's still piracy even with DRM and whatever.
I know we have several threads that talk about this stuff.

DRM is about reducing piracy. Origin and Steam CERTAINLY reduce the piracy of games greatly. Does piracy still happen? Yeah, you bet. But it's far less than if a game didn't use a platform such as that.

Piracy isn't the issue in this. Perhaps it was in 2008 and it was the reason Madden was pulled from the PC. But today, I'm sure it's more about demand. The PC market for Madden is small and shrinking. The Madden PC community is loyal, fierce, but tiny.

Now add to this the notion that the PC is the only platform where a developer cannot guarantee the gamer's experience. PC specs, drivers, compatible hardware, input devices, etc. EA cannot guarantee a single experience like they can on the Wii, 360, or even the iPad. If they bring Madden to the PC, it means dealing with all those headaches. Combine that with the comparatively small PC demand for Madden, and one can see why Tiburon just has no interest in bringing Madden back to the PC. For Madden and NCAA, the negatives far outweigh the positives.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

I wish they would to, but not just port the PS2 version....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

DRM is about reducing piracy. Origin and Steam CERTAINLY reduce the piracy of games greatly. Does piracy still happen? Yeah, you bet. But it's far less than if a game didn't use a platform such as that.

Piracy isn't the issue in this. Perhaps it was in 2008 and it was the reason Madden was pulled from the PC. But today, I'm sure it's more about demand. The PC market for Madden is small and shrinking. The Madden PC community is loyal, fierce, but tiny.

Now add to this the notion that the PC is the only platform where a developer cannot guarantee the gamer's experience. PC specs, drivers, compatible hardware, input devices, etc. EA cannot guarantee a single experience like they can on the Wii, 360, or even the iPad. If they bring Madden to the PC, it means dealing with all those headaches. Combine that with the comparatively small PC demand for Madden, and one can see why Tiburon just has no interest in bringing Madden back to the PC. For Madden and NCAA, the negatives far outweigh the positives.
All those excuses and yet FIFA 12, NBA 2K12 and MLB 2K12 are awesome on the PC.. How many MORE excuses do we have to endure before we get a quality product from the monopoly?

Simple, question - WHY NOT bring Madden back to the PC? Your above answer mean little when the games just mentioned continue to be released for the platform.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

You do know how far PCs have come don't you? Current PCs are far ahead of the current consoles and even many developers around the next gen consoles even believe the PC will be well beyond them too by the time they come out in two more years at the earliest. PCs double in two years, so there's no excuse why there shouldn't be football on PC. PC gaming is not shrinking, in fact it's growing.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
All those excuses and yet FIFA 12, NBA 2K12 and MLB 2K12 are awesome on the PC
Thats good and all, and I agree, that in general, games are better on PC due to modding and just plain running/looking better...BUT...what do the sales look like for the PC counterparts of those games in comparison to the consoles?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »