Home

IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

This is a discussion on IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
just from reading the IGN article thought that there was no franchise at all.
The article says that the Franchise mode "is too crazy" for the Vita. But later the author states he doesn't want to run independent franchises, one on Vita and one on the PS3.

So reading between the lines, also known as interpreting a poorly written article, is that the Vita version is getting the Madden 12 Franchise.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Ah OK I see what you mean now. At first I took that to mean franchise on PS3 is just too crazy to do the 'sync your season' stuff.

See the big huge room for confusion there now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm by no means ranting, you're the one taking my suggestion and saying that you think people you've never met or worked with are instead being lazy... all while overlooking the same problems with FIFA... lacking this most recent title's improvements and you can't play your franchise on the HD consoles with it either...? You like it so it gets a pass over the game you've never played, just read one blog about with a predisposition toward disappointment?

FIFA has an international appeal, american football not so much. The market is the US, and the Vita appears to be emulating the dismal sales we see coming out of Japan... where yesterday it posted it's 3rd week of sub 10k sales... being outsold 10:1 by the 3DS and with no real end in sight. We're almost 2 months removed from Sony touting 1.2m units sold... and not an official word about sales sense.

Until it proves it has staying power, can compete with the 3DS (and other portable devices) and can build a meaningful user base, 3rd parties are going to be standoffish given the history of Sony's handhelds. The PSP went on to sell a lot of units, but it took time, and then died off very quickly in the US.

Inject all the personal and emotional vitriol you want about EA and the franchise and those who work on it (calling them lazy, having no pride) and I'll continue to ignore it... the above is why EA and others aren't going to put a lot of resources towards the platform. If demand is there it will get some love, if it isn't, it won't, and justifiably so.

All of that aside, the PSP platform has never been a strong one for Madden, even with more PSPs on the market than either 360s or PS3s, it's never cracked a million, and sales have rapidly fallen off as the platform died in the US.

Could all of this change next year? Sure, but Sony has a lot more work to prove the platform viable than EA, you'll find me making no excuses for either. In the meantime it will be a relatively small market for Madden on Vita this year, and as a result I think that's why the title could leave people wanting and in the chicken-egg scenario the article ends with.
Emotional no, it seems the EA apologist are the ones who get the most emotional. But whatever, you keep making excuses for EA and everyone else without the blinders will still see the truth.
We will agree to disagree, but there is ONE flaw with your argument. Even the 3DS version of Madden is very limited and an afterthought. Lazy developing

Edit. Reading this again is a really sad example of looking for an excuse not to do your best. REALLY SAD.

Last edited by Jetpac; 04-27-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

I wasn't aware that there was a point to the Vita anyway. So this article is irrelevant.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
I wasn't aware that there was a point to the Vita anyway. So this article is irrelevant.

No. You are simply misinformed.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 21

Who is EA Tiburon trying to market this game to? They went with the realistic look, which i wanted, so its not going after the arcady sports casual gamer....it has all the features of the console version from last year, but with the "looks" of this year.

Why have last year's franchise mode when who ever is getting is getting it for that type of gameplay has been playing Madden 12 for almost a year now....an will most likely get Madden 13 for their console.

As someon already said in this thread, he doesn't want to have two seperate franchise modes on different systems. There was every reason to have cross platform play with the PS3 version. That should've been the main selling point. I gave EA Canada the beneift of the doubt with Fifa Vita using 11's engine because it was a launch game....EA Tiburon has had much more time to get that feature in.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Who is EA Tiburon trying to market this game to? They went with the realistic look, which i wanted, so its not going after the arcady sports casual gamer....it has all the features of the console version from last year, but with the "looks" of this year.

Why have last year's franchise mode when who ever is getting is getting it for that type of gameplay has been playing Madden 12 for almost a year now....an will most likely get Madden 13 for their console.

As someon already said in this thread, he doesn't want to have two seperate franchise modes on different systems. There was every reason to have cross platform play with the PS3 version. That should've been the main selling point. I gave EA Canada the beneift of the doubt with Fifa Vita using 11's engine because it was a launch game....EA Tiburon has had much more time to get that feature in.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I think this is kind of unfair; even though I bash Tiburon a lot. The Show for Vita was built by Sony with Sony's help. EA, or any other developer who didn't have an inside track with Vita's development wouldn't be able to build such a seamless experience. Fifa isn't interchangeable,either. Tiburon needs to get cut some slack in this case, IMO. Even when the PS3 came out, the only games that really knew how to make the console shine were the Sony developed games. But that's really the same with all first party games; Nintendo, MS or Sony. This article is semi-lame. My two cents.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »