Home

Connected Careers Thoughts & Theories?

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Thoughts & Theories? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Connected Careers Thoughts & Theories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
Well probably the same way FIFA has been doing it. Its just a career mode where you can choose how you want to play each game, as a single player or as the team.
Just started reading up on FIFA's Career Mode and it could be pretty sweet in Madden 13, IF they tie in an online component, imo.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...w-career-mode/
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sounds alot like the interface from madden before ex. tony bruno show
Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just started reading up on FIFA's Career Mode and it could be pretty sweet in Madden 13, IF they tie in an online component, imo.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...w-career-mode/
fifas mode and maddens mode were boring after game 6 or so. They need to get rid of the drag on repeating that they suffered from. 2k did an ok job in 2k12 but still make every game/moment unique....
cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I would bet connected careers is going to be more of a gimmicky social media ordeal. I do not think that in itself will do anything to improve offline franchise mode.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotomtime
fifas mode and maddens mode were boring after game 6 or so. They need to get rid of the drag on repeating that they suffered from. 2k did an ok job in 2k12 but still make every game/moment unique....
cheers
I think the new commentary and presentation package will do a lot to add immersion in franchise mode. I felt like franchise mode became a chore after game 4 or so because the gameplay was repetitive and so was the presentation.

I want connected careers to be like a hybrid between superstar and franchise mode. I just hope it's not a social media gimmick.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

What Ive been able to gather so far is that there is going to be some sort of HC mode. I would be absolutally blown away if it was like HC09 so I'm expecting more of a coaching carousel which is awesome none the less.

My guess is with the connected careers it will allow you to hopefully move up from a coordinator in NCAA into the NFL. Basically mimicking some coaches career progressions. The only thing that would go against this theory is that they already have such a mode as far as being a player is concerned.

If it's just a mode where I can switch between a player or the whole team during franchise mode I am going to be seriously let down. All I could get out of a Tiburon employee that worked on franchise mode for M13 is that it will be discussed with Connected Careers playbook and he's really excited to be able to speak freely on it.

For me this is the biggest feature so far that I'm excited to find out more about, and judging by the responses I'm expecting something big.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
What Ive been able to gather so far is that there is going to be some sort of HC mode. I would be absolutally blown away if it was like HC09 so I'm expecting more of a coaching carousel which is awesome none the less.

My guess is with the connected careers it will allow you to hopefully move up from a coordinator in NCAA into the NFL. Basically mimicking some coaches career progressions. The only thing that would go against this theory is that they already have such a mode as far as being a player is concerned.

If it's just a mode where I can switch between a player or the whole team during franchise mode I am going to be seriously let down. All I could get out of a Tiburon employee that worked on franchise mode for M13 is that it will be discussed with Connected Careers playbook and he's really excited to be able to speak freely on it.

For me this is the biggest feature so far that I'm excited to find out more about, and judging by the responses I'm expecting something big.
To piggyback, I can see Game Face providing the ability in Madden 13 to actually make yourself a coach/coordinator/player but I hope that's not the end of it. That definitely "blurs the line" of reality but it doesn't really address the "connected" part, imo.

I am hoping they have completely merged Superstar, Coach and offline/online franchise modes, into one seamless career mode, with Game Face capabilities. That would theoretically allow for multiple people to perform different functions within the same mode together.

Meaning 3 Users in an online connected career together, could have one playing with the Packers superstar style controlling just a single player, one playing with Patriots coach/coordinator style just calling plays and one playing with the Redskins traditional franchise style controlling every aspect.

That would be exciting, imo. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

That's an interesting concept that I would have no issues with. Due to time I am a big Offline Franchise guy, so I'm really hoping for a super deep HC/GM mode. How awesome would it be to get fired as a HC in the NFL and be forced to go back and coach at the college level. Obviously that's probably not going to happen, but thats where I hope the game is headed.

I think I also mentioned this but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that Connected Careers would also be connected to social networks (could be wrong). Either way this is the most intriguing feature to me, so hopefully we get some more tidbits of news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »