Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Keep replaying this clip, watch the two Bengal defenders and the tackling Steeler. There is some physic oddities going on for sure.
http://youtu.be/34POVrez_ew?t=1m30s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's a conversation I saw about it yesterday between a fan kinda mocking EA saying this would be monumental and a community day member

Shopmaster: Just talked to Executive Producer of Madden NFL 13; Roy Harvey. "No Gimmicks, Just create a better game."

Fan: a day after the hyperbole of "monumental change to gameplay that will blur the line between virtual and reality"?

Shopmaster:Fact, not opinion. Gotta stay tuned June 4th.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Now I agree with BIG, is this just some code that is under current testing and technical writing but won't be implemented until future Maddens? We don't 100% know yet, but the "monumental" tag makes it sound like it will be in this year. So honestly this might not make it in this year but it is obvious it is being worked on being implemented.

Last edited by Phobia; 04-26-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's a conversation I saw about it yesterday between a fan kinda mocking EA saying this would be monumental and a community day member

Shopmaster: Just talked to Executive Producer of Madden NFL 13; Roy Harvey. "No Gimmicks, Just create a better game."

Fan: a day after the hyperbole of "monumental change to gameplay that will blur the line between virtual and reality"?

Shopmaster:Fact, not opinion. Gotta stay tuned June 4th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Now I agree with BIG, is this just some code that is under current testing and technical writing but won't be implemented until future Maddens? We don't 100% know yet, but the "monumental" tag makes it sound like it will be in this year. So honestly this might not make it in this year but it is obvious it is being worked on being implemented.
You know what? After reading that post by JP and going back reading my own speculative thread, it makes sense that it could be both. That's exactly what FIFA did, first they implemented a version of DPP and new collision system, then the next year they upgraded DPP and added more physics to the collision system. Madden 12 did the EXACT same thing with DPP and the collision system, so upgrading them in the same way, makes sense for Madden 13.

I was starting to look at it as one or the other but FIFA upgraded both the next year after adding them. I am with you Phobia, we are getting physics and DPP 2.0, circa FIFA for Madden 13.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

There is absolutely no reason for Madden (EA's flagship title) not to include Real Time Physics for at least their tackling system this year. NHL has had it for two years now and FIFA got it last year. Both of these are EA companies.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Holy. Shat.

I hope this is true because this could be AWESOME. Maybe they are rolling out the implementation of real time physics on all of the other players on the field outside of the main tackle/catch players (i.e. physics applied to the linemen, but not to the running back getting tackled by the linebacker in the b gap), and they will then roll out full time physics for 2014 for ALL players on the field??? Or maybe they added real time physics with a whole new injury system? Could that be it??? real time injuries would blow me away!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #31
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

Anybody think Ncaa will have it too? Think that could possibly be why they keep showing the Ncaa 12 engine in their webcast vids?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Or maybe they added real time physics with a whole new injury system? Could that be it??? real time injuries would blow me away!
I think the most important thing for everyone to do is LEVEL YOUR EXPECTATIONS DOWN. Reason being IF it is implemented this year it will be very limited. It will not be a full blown physic engine. It might have integrations of it, but the likely hood of entire real time physics is about a .001% chance.

So understand that before hand so your hopes and dreams are not crushed lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »