Home

Reason To Be Excitied About EA Game Face In Madden 13

This is a discussion on Reason To Be Excitied About EA Game Face In Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Reason To Be Excitied About EA Game Face In Madden 13

ArWNc-xCQAAkDQ2.png
I was just thinking about the new Madden 13 menu that shows Game Face and how exciting that is for User customization potential. So I went on EA's website to find out a little more about Game Face.

What is Game Face?

EA SPORTS Game Face is a feature available to registered users of www.easports.com and www.easportsfootball.com. You can upload photos of your own face and have it take a starring role on your Profile page, share it with your friends, and unlock gear for your avatar.

But that's not all! Game Face also works with FIFA's Virtual Pro feature, meaning that your Game Face is downloaded into the game and mapped on to a facial model, ready for kick off. If you have ever wanted to play alongside your footballing heroes, Game Face is your chance to literally join them in the action on the pitch. http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/game-face-faq-2

Now I personally couldn't careless right now about putting myself into the game, although I admit that's tight work. What I am focused on is the implications this tech could have for customizing imported/generated draft classes along with coaches/coordinators. If this includes the ability to edit existing players, coaches and coordinators, I could have some fun with this. This also means that EVERY real player in Madden 13, should have their real face because all it seems to require is a photo.

I know it's not huge to some people but it would be pretty sweet to have the real faces for 4-5 years worth of actual future draft classes and User add real coach/coordinator faces like Bill Belicheat, into Madden 13, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Reason To Be Excitied About EA Game Face In Madden 13

Could also be a real boon to classic roster makers.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know it's not huge to some people but it would be pretty sweet to have the real faces for 4-5 years worth of actual future draft classes and User add real coach/coordinator faces like Bill Belicheat, into Madden 13, imo.
What would own is to have created teams of OS guys playing each other with our real faces in the game in a franchise of some sort.

I could be a player on someone's team but not take the sticks myself - who ever runs the team would play it out. Would be like me being on the field and the coach calling the shots.

I think that would be pretty slick to do if it could be organized. Heck, could even have a fantasy league based on the OS players in the franchise.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

The first thing I thought of when I heard of this feature was, "oh look I can make my draft classes accurate". I am interested to see how much space multiple draft classes worth of scans will eat up on the hard drive, but this looks great on the surface.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

This is a pretty exciting feature. I really put a lot of time in making my virtual self look as life like as possible. It's almost impossible to do that in Madden (2k11, I had it almost to a point of eeriness). This would be cool and save a lot of time lol
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What would own is to have created teams of OS guys playing each other with our real faces in the game in a franchise of some sort.

I could be a player on someone's team but not take the sticks myself - who ever runs the team would play it out. Would be like me being on the field and the coach calling the shots.

I think that would be pretty slick to do if it could be organized. Heck, could even have a fantasy league based on the OS players in the franchise.
I think this would be really fun if they had drills you could run using Kinect or Move to establish each person's in-game ratings. That way people could put teams together using created players without inflated ratings. A NFL franchise full of OS football wannabes. lol

I hope this will be in NCAA 13 too because I did enjoy creating myself as a coach with Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12. Will probably do it in Madden 13 too, especially if actual coaches are still just basically place holders. It will be cool to see myself on the sidelines for the Redskins, especially during challenges. lol

I am kind of sorry for starting this thread so early considering they haven't even "officially" announced Game Face yet. It's like talking and getting excited about Christmas as a kid in September.

My bad. lol
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think this would be really fun if they had drills you could run using Kinect or Move to establish each person's in-game ratings. That way people could put teams together using created players without inflated ratings. A NFL franchise full of OS football wannabes. lol

I hope this will be in NCAA 13 too because I did enjoy creating myself as a coach with Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12. Will probably do it in Madden 13 too, especially if actual coaches are still just basically place holders. It will be cool to see myself on the sidelines for the Redskins, especially during challenges. lol

I am kind of sorry for starting this thread so early considering they haven't even "officially" announced Game Face yet. It's like talking and getting excited about Christmas as a kid in September.

My bad. lol
lol it's alright. It's fun to imagine the possibilities!

...speaking of kinect usage, creating and putting in your throwing motion for QBs. Talk about authentic lol
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I would imagine it won't allow for this, on two fronts - you won't be able to upload too many photos, and you won't be able to edit existing players to use these faces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »