Home

Madden hate PC

This is a discussion on Madden hate PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden for pc?
Yes, its time 66 82.50%
No, for now 14 17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden hate PC

Market share means a static money value being divided up. If PC gaming is to lose sales once new console hardware comes out to the point it dives back down to "pathetic" levels, then it is losing market share. You're the one who suggested a "one or the other" ideal here, I have been saying the whole time the markets are independent of each other to the point a major event in console gaming like a hardware release is not going to impact PC gaming so much that it becomes "pathetic". That's kinda my whole point here.

And to reinforce this point, I have provided statistics which clearly show alternatives to why PC gaming has grown recently, like China itself accounting for a massive 25% of sales and digital distribution allowing PC gaming shutins to get their games without leaving their chairs. Markets can grow without even attracting a single new person as long as they get more money per existing person. My multitude of factors vs your one is clearly more sensible and realistic.

Last edited by Nza; 04-30-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Where did I say this?

You said PC sales will return to their usual pathetic level once new console hardware arrives. If they can coexist now i.e. they have not been leaving consoles, then why would this happen?
Where did you say this? Are you serious? You've repeated this poor rhetoric over and over again. I know I cant be the only person tired of reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
- The handful of console gamers who care enough about graphics to move their money over to PC gaming, but they didn't care enough about it to be a PC gamer from the start, for some reason.
PC gaming for the most part has always been a niche market. Since the new consoles have come out they have brought NEW casual gamers, because gaming has become far more mainstream. A number of these casual gamers branch out into other areas of gaming, including PC. New console comes out, Casual gamer, who may not be so casual anymore, buys new console and ignores PC games for a long while.

That is what I believe will happen. Doesnt have to be that way, nobody knows. Nobody can provide evidence one way or the other.

Cycle may or may not repeat itself. Depending on the way technology advances, nobody can say. It could branch out into an entirely new area. In 30 years PC gaming and console gaming may be entirely phased out by something else, like virtual reality rooms where you wear a helmet and you act and react to whats happening physically.

You're just dealing with absolutes and black and whites, when the nature of the industry is much more fluid and organic than that, most industries are. I advise you not to invest in any stock options or attempt to think about this stuff too much in the future. Perhaps you can drive a gravel truck or something.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
How many PCs in the average American household do you think is even equipped enough to play most PC games?

You just said Wii sales have lowered to mirror the recent rise in PC sales. Why mention PC there if you weren't saying this is related??
Umm because mostly what we have been talking about is PC sales, and I try to draw a context back to the original point where possible.

I wasnt the one who mentioned Wii, its a console I plainly dont care about. Why get your panties in such a twist over that?

Most new computers are quite capable, and affordable. Even laptops, notoriously bad for playing games, have seen a lot of advances in this area. Most games dont need you to have 6 gigs of ram.

I dont think a lot of people are sporting Windows 98 these days.

Last edited by GhostFacedOLB; 04-30-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #52
Nza
MVP

Nowhere there did I say console gamers can't afford/won't buy PC hardware. By money, I was referring to moving their spending money for games from console to PC, which is what has to be happening for consoles to be slowing and PC to be growing according to you, otherwise once new console hardware lands, PC sales wouldn't become pathetic again otherwise.

Do you really need to end every post attempting to insult my intelligence? It's just pathetic. Grow up.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #53
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedOLB
I wasnt the one who mentioned Wii, its a console I plainly dont care about. Why get your panties in such a twist over that?
I didn't? I thought you were suggesting -x in the Wii market was directly translatable to +x in the PC market. Just a point of contention, nothing more. I'm fine here, I'm not the one trying to belittle with insults.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #54
Nza
MVP

Look, at the end of the day, I'm just curious why you disregard massive growth in emerging markets, digital distribution etc as reasons why PC gaming has grown over your original suggestion it is because of console gamers shifting their dollars over to PC. Answer honestly now - were you aware such a massive proportion of PC revenue was being generated outside the USA, in fast developing markets where consoles never had a foothold? Were you aware how prolific digital distribution really was in PC, and how poorly is has been factored into market tracking numbers?

I get the feeling you are basing this opinion on the notion PC gaming is a US focused industry? (despite being an Aussie, like me).

To put so much importance into your console gamer theory of PC growth that their distraction by a new console hardware launch will render PC sales "pathetic" suggests you either don't consider these important factors going forward, or were simply unaware of them. It's gotta be one, right?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Market share means a static money value being divided up. If PC gaming is to lose sales once new console hardware comes out to the point it dives back down to "pathetic" levels, then it is losing market share. You're the one who suggested a "one or the other" ideal here, I have been saying the whole time the markets are independent of each other to the point a major event in console gaming like a hardware release is not going to impact PC gaming so much that it becomes "pathetic". That's kinda my whole point here.

And to reinforce this point, I have provided statistics which clearly show alternatives to why PC gaming has grown recently, like China itself accounting for a massive 25% of sales and digital distribution allowing PC gaming shutins to get their games without leaving their chairs. Markets can grow without even attracting a single new person as long as they get more money per existing person. My multitude of factors vs your one is clearly more sensible and realistic.
No sorry kid, thats where I have to draw the line Im afraid. Present all the terrible logic and poorly thought out ideas that you want. Im just gonna laugh and let it play out as it should, but when you start projecting that crap on me and start trying to be a parasite about it, Im gonna have to shut you down.

You, not me, have been the one the whole time suggesting this sort of migration from one medium to another. You've stated repeatedly, in your own words, things like jump ship and the like. I never simplified the process to that.

You've provided multiple reasons, again you begged me to behave like you before and be argumenitive and dispute thosebut Im just not like that. Doing it for the sake of it is just not being a good debator. I know all about the growth in China, and living overseas have benefited from it. But that had nothing to do with my original point so I chose to abstain.

The main problem with your approach is you havent been willing to admit that the reason I cited as a major contributor to the trend, consoles being outdated, which as I said, Nvidia supported. You chose to bitch and moan about it a lot and preach about China. Whatever lol.

I was actually the one trying to teach you that it was consoles who had brought in new people, as well, so Im glad you've at least been educated a little bit on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 1

ive got a pc specifically configured to play graphics/cpu intensive games. ive also got consoles xbox/ps3/wii. given the choice ill always play on a pc version of a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »