Home

Wait, what? Madden 13 screen shot

This is a discussion on Wait, what? Madden 13 screen shot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Wait, what? Madden 13 screen shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah53johnston
I don't see where he is getting annoyed, he cleary says he is just wondering what roster they are using and understands its an early build.
I am getting annoyed at some of the replies.

The thread was just asking a question out of confusion.

Quote:
To make it more confusing, two or three pictures later in the presentation vlog, they show Peyton as a Bronco. I don't even... wut?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Sheesh! Some punches flying in this thread! Lol

I don't think the responses should've been so testy, but I do understand the sentiment of questioning why the thread was made. The rosters are jacked up this time of year. When I went to the community event in February, the Cowboys still had Marion Barber on the roster who was cut the year before.

This stuff shouldn't bother anyone...it'll certainly be ironed out before long.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

it's just making an issue out of nothing, and it winds me up
Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #20
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Guys, this type of posting won't be tolerated. There's a TOS in place for a reason. If you aren't familiar with them, venture into Steve's forum and re-read them.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #21
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

Manny Lawson?!?

Manny Lawson was a Bangle LAST YEAR. Aldon Smith was #99 in Madden 12. I understand them not having a post-NFL draft roster at EA sports... maybe even only having a build with Madden 12's default roster... but they are playing with the Madden 11 roster? But, wait... that's Ponder at QB, right? I don't understand what I am seeing. To make it more confusing, two or three pictures later in the presentation vlog, they show Peyton as a Bronco. I don't even... wut?

I even understand that the logos are just place holders... but how did Lawson end up on the 49ers and why?

I know it isn't that important, but there are some silly things I see.

In this picture it would be nice if they organized the players better. There are 5 players, which is perfect for the O-line... except we see WR at the beginning of the list. Probably a bug, but i hope it is addressed. It should have only the linemen in that banner and then the "skill positions" as they are called in the other banner.
And mike Wallace's pic is of Vick... Lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oorhkm
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

How much space would video introductions take? EA could grab ESPN's.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It's almost like i wrote this in my opening post:

"I know it isn't that important, but there are some silly things I see."

You can't be serious with this reply.

I just wonder what the "build" is made out of. As kmart2180 said, they probobly start with the stock Madden 12 retail shell and build around that.

I think they started building before Madden 12 went on sale... so that's probably why the rosters haven't been touched, but it still looks silly to have Lawson as a 49er in one screen shot and Manning as a Bronco a few shots later.

That's also why the 2ed half of my reply has to do with something else... BUT I bet you replied after my first sentence without reading. Readin' iz hard. It hurtz muh brain.
I dont think theres anything wrong with anybody not being able to read your post, we just have different ways of, as another poster said "questioning the motivation of the post". Some more aggressively than others.

Now the guy that flamed you got banned but, in all honestly, this type of post is just begging for this kinda reply. We all knows its an Alpha, we all know the purpose behind the video was just to show features, not to show off a new roster that hasnt even been put together yet. They were intending to show off the functionality of the UI. They went ahead of you and bent over backwards to explain that "its rough, its a work in progress, try not to nit pick us too much please". Of course they anticipated this sort of response from certain people, and of course we got it anyways.

In effect they were telling you "some things may look silly" because they were underestimating peoples intelligence. And this is exactly why they underestimate peoples intelligence.

Again I read the whole thing, but if I walk up to a girl and say "excuse me, Im not trying to be disrespectful, but you look like a prostitute." I would have to be pretty stupid to try to use the "Im not trying to be disrespectful" part as a shield. Regardless of the reason, the explaination or whatever, its still a moronic commment. Unless of course she really is a prostitute, in which case you're still a moron for pointing out the obvious.

Last edited by GhostFacedOLB; 04-30-2012 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »