Home

Storylines youre looking forward to playing out

This is a discussion on Storylines youre looking forward to playing out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2
Storylines youre looking forward to playing out

everyone plays madden differently. i spend all my time in one mode only: offline franchise mode. i dont touch anything else. even with all the miserable bugs that force you to control all 32 teams and spend hours cleaning up the computers mess every off season before you can enjoy yourself, i still play this mode for an obscene amount of time every year. off i go into my wonderful little fantasy world where i have total control over everything that happens in the NFL. allowing us to edit player ratings during franchise mode last year made my life so much better (now if theyd only let us edit body shape and give us more and better faces). i know you other franchise guys are like me and create in your mind a living, breathing NFL full of drama and excitement that resembles what happens in the real world: blockbuster trades, catastrophic draft busts, late round tom brady-esque gems, breakout seasons from unknowns who go on to become superstars, form slumps that leave careers in the toilet, former draft busts making successful late-career comebacks, quaterback controversies etc etc. i control who plays for who, who plays well, who plays bad, who wins and who loses. its awesome, just quietly.
what are some storylines you guys are looking forward to playing out in madden 13?
ive got Manning winning another super bowl or 3 with the broncos. maybe one against his brother. the Browns will be returning to their glory days with trent richardson having a first-ballot hall of fame career and tim tebow will surpass joe namath on the list of legendary jets quarterbacks. depending on how much we can do with the gameface feature, the possibilities are endless. id like to scan Ryan Leaf's face into the game and have him make a comeback. the ultimate redemption story. fingers crossed, but hopes not up on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Storylines youre looking forward to playing out

My EAGLES turnaround is going 2 be my storylines

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2

Jake Locker taking over the starting QB role for the Titans, having a breakout season and Chris Johnson bouncing back big time next year! Perhaps Kendall Wright will get Offensive Rookie of the Year too.

I'm still going to be tempted to control all the teams, adjust draft sliders, etc. We'll see, maybe this year teams won't draft punters in the early rounds (Besides the Jags) and teams like Colts, Panthers, Redskins etc. won't draft a 1st - 3rd round QB.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Weeden and Richardson come in and try to excite the Browns fanbase and bring something to believe to Believeland.

The sad part is that I am already planning on scouting a QB in the first draft for Madden 13 to study under Weeden.

Spoiler
Old 04-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm looking forward to trading flacco away and drafting a real qb to play QB for the ravens. Not realistic I know but that's what fantasy land is for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

I don't plan my storylines in advance. I let performance on the field and random chance determine what happens. During my current season, one of the big storylines was when Tom Brady went down to season-ending injury, and his backups were faltering, the team signed Jeff Garcia and he went on to have a pro-bowl season at age 40. Another storyline was Detroit, who at the time was top of the league, in a matter of two weeks, had season-ending injuries, to Shaun Hill, Jake Delhomme (his replacement), Chris Simms (HIS replacement) and Matthew Stafford. Drew Stanton ended up as the starting QB. I also had Von Miller and Tim Tebow both turn out to be huge busts as the Broncos ended up at the bottom of the league.
Next season, JaMarcus Russel will be returning to the league, but as a TE (I made him 72 OVR with B Pot to give him a shot). I don't know who will sign him though or whether or not he'll be successful.

In short, I don't know what storylines will occur in Madden 13 (if I even buy it).
Old 04-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

49ers making it to the superbowl...
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

@juggalotusx ur storyline should be called: The Running Backs

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »