Home

Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

Link To Article

After reading the great news about in-game Presentation Improvements I must say that after you play a season or two in Franchise Mode there are only so many times you can really enjoy hearing the same facts about your players, etc. (Especially when you are 8 seasons in and they are referring to Sam Bradford as a 'Second Year Player'.)

I am hoping that come June/July when Franchise Mode information is released we will be pleasantly surprised with what we hear. But after this past weekend, I must say the lacking atmosphere in Franchise Mode's Draft (let alone the complete lack of it in Superstar Mode) is something that could really help bring Madden to the next level.

Am I alone or do many of you play through your seasons looking forward to re-working your rosters and adding that sought-after player that could change your entire franchise?

I wrote an article about it at NoobTubeTV and would like to hear what everyone else thinks on this front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

I don't play NBA games, but seeing what they did in 2K with their version of Superstar and the draft seems really awesome. If Madden did anything remotely close to this, I'd definitely check out SS mode for the first time ever.

Also, it was mentioned that an earlier version of Madden even had audience reactions to picks, be it cheers or boos. At least bring that back!

Last edited by Segagendude; 04-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It would be cool if we're in the 'war' room during the draft.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Better draft presentation would be a nice added bonus, but it's not something I'm actively wishing that they would improve.

I'd much rather see a realistic and thorough scouting system and something along the lines of an in-game team-specific draft board that you can maintain and update throughout the different stages of rookie scouting.

With the EA-created draft classes especially, they could do some awesome things with scouting reports and giving players back-stories. I have given a bit of thought to ideas for how to improve scouting but that's for a different thread.

To Gamer's war room idea, I think that would be awesome if the draft board functionality I mentioned were added to the game and if the AI draft logic was improved to be realistic. Then, in the war room, the game could give input from the head coach about who to draft, perhaps the owner (wanting to take a big name guy to sell tickets), and maybe somebody fielding calls from other teams about possible trade scenarios.

But I digress, let's get scouting and the AI logic (both for picks that make sense as well as trades) to be top notch and THEN work on embellishing the overall presentation of it with things like pick announcements, green room players, war room, and perhaps even some analysis to go with the draft grades.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Honestly, draft presentation is one of the biggest things that needed improvement from a presentation standpoint (also it adds to franchise/superstar modes).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I would like to see the developers realize one small be important thing (to me, at least). As great as you can make a sports game, and as much varied commentary or great gameplay you can pack in, the game itself (the game on the field, I should say) is going to get stale.

It's a fact. This isn't Mass Effect or GTA where we play different levels, encounter new worlds, and gain stronger powers and battle bosses. It's a game where you run, pass, kick, block and tackle. We love football, but after you plan 50 or 60 games (which really isn't *that* many disc spins in the PS3 or Xbox) it gets stale.

That's why I love franchise mode, because it extends the life of the game and makes the gamer build towards something. But that needs to be kept fresh, too.

For presentation, I'd like to see us be able to work out and play with rookies (whether it's a pro day or a senior bowl). And then I'd like to see and hear commentators like Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock talk about who's rising and falling, critiquing my draft, and praising or slamming me on draft day for a specific pick I make.

I mean, can you imagine a franchise mode where you have to sift through a rumor mill, or try and get a bead on other teams' draft plans? Are they being real? Are they bluffing you to try and get you to trade up or down? Are the rumors about a team or player on the eve of the draft a warning sign, or just a ploy by another club to get you to NOT draft him?

I think the possibilities are endless, but they haven't really begun to scratch the surface.

Franchise has improved, but I feel like there's no high stakes or consequences, which makes the mode feel kinda dull. There's no players demanding new contracts or want to be traded, there's no agents crawling down your back, there's no players griping about playing time, there's no owner threatening to fire you unless you make the playoffs, no real concern over managing the salary cap.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens

With the EA-created draft classes especially, they could do some awesome things with scouting reports and giving players back-stories. I have given a bit of thought to ideas for how to improve scouting but that's for a different thread.
I love this idea. Maybe you could tie it into the scouting report, with a note from one of your scouts. Or at the end of the year, have a thing spotlighting the top guys. The draft as it's now is easy to game when it comes to picking A and B potential players.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

one of the things i liked about hc09 was your style of position. add this to variety of coaching abilities and philosophies made each draft board for a team different.
for example id want solid characters, integrity and no hassles with law etc. some teams are happy to take those. my most important criteria for players is intelligence yet thats the one element ive never seen done properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »