Home

Draft trade finder

This is a discussion on Draft trade finder within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
Packin what your lackin

OVR: 3
Draft trade finder

I would love to see a draft day trade finder. I understand that player for player trader are virtually non existent but I would love to see a draft day trade finder. Look at the most recent draft this weekend and yes, I know alot of it has to do with the new rookie wage scale, but to be able to get the deal the Rams got for their # 2. I think that would be too good to pass up. I agree that it can be abused in the 2k franchise but I think that EA and Madden is starting to wise up to the fact that their consumers love the draft. I like the improvements to the scouting while still not perfect but getting there. I would like some fellow gamer input on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Draft trade finder

in madden you cant get more than 3 picks/players, same with 2k5 iirc. the new cba and rookie cap probably means that the draft trade value chart will be updated because each pick has a defined value compare to other picks, ie each pick has a salary max with fixed guaranteed money.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

EA should make contracts for rookies where all you decide is the length, as that is pretty much all NFL teams can do at this point anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Packin what your lackin

OVR: 3

My biggest issue with this is if I have a player targeted and that player is 20 spots away and im on the clock I would like to hear offers for my spot and in turn if there is a team wanting to deal the in the top ten what their price would be and have a chance to attain it.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

In time I would be all for this, but as it is right now the Draft in Madden is such a crap shoot that you're better off not trading at all. I think before things like this get added, the rookies and draft system need to be more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

The draft should be a crap shoot! Its exactly how it is in real life.

And honestly, I would like the draft to be tougher (with the current progression/potential system we have in place). I would do away with the draft projections, and make us scout players in depth to find out where they relate to other prospects. Another could be less greats, I've never looked at the guide but from what I can tell just by drafting, there are too many good/great A potential players in each class.

But anyways to the actual topic of this thread... I think they should remove the ability of offering trading draft picks from the user because now at anytime you can trade back with relative ease. The Seahawks last year had to pull the trigger on James Carpenter in the first round because they couldn't find any teams that wanted to trade up, and they didn't want to lose their guy. With removing the ability, I would think there needs to be more opportunities and offers by the CPU controlled team. Another option could be, press a button to see if anyone wants to trade up to your spot (you trade down), or press a button to see if the team on the clock is wanting to trade down, and what it will take.

That way, if you wanted to, you might have the option but it is not guaranteed.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Rookie

JWaLL's Arena

OVR: 8

The entire draft experience in madden is horrible. Personally, i like to do rebuilding projects in madden, and i love it, until the draft comes. there isn't enough user interaction. Scouting is still lame (just press a button and you unlock ratings)

I think it would be cool to be able to play with the player. So when you have those 5 individual workouts, it is like their pro day. You are controlling him and seeing what he can do and how he plays

There are infinite umber of solutions to the draft process, they know that the users care about it a lot and i hope that they are making strides to change it drastically
Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

It WOULD be nice to have a more realistic draft day experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »