Home

I Hope Trade Block is FIXED in madden 13

This is a discussion on I Hope Trade Block is FIXED in madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
I Hope Trade Block is FIXED in madden 13

i would love to get more interest from teams when i add someone like peyton manning to the trading block instead of having to lower what i want.

like.......... removing a first round pick for manning and making it a 3rd or 4th round pick jus to seem team offers

what do u guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I Hope Trade Block is FIXED in madden 13

I do agree trade block needs to be fixed, but i actually like that the cpu wouldnt offer a first round pick for peyton manning.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

I want to see cpu trading within each other. I dont know why they have never done this. I also want to see teams go after better players in the FA pool to fit there team.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I want to see cpu trading within each other. I dont know why they have never done this.
They have done this many many many maddens ago. The problem was that the cpu would make ridiculous trades and trades do not happen much in the NFL so it was removed. They have said in the past about possibly bringing it back if the cpu trade logic could be made to be much more realistic.
I do not make any trades. I just think it is stupid and cheesy to use a feature the cpu is not allowed to use.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

Definitely needs fixing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

last draft i did saw cpu trade with cpu

pick 6 was traded for pick 14 + pick 46
pick 8 was traded for pick 19 + pick 104

i offered on trade block before that draft 3x1s, 4/17/26 for any 1st in the following year. no takers.

not logical
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan

not logical
Listen, I am sure that it is an easy fix. however, then, the same people that want it in, will be the same people that cry "BUT THAT TRADE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN DUR!" when the 49ers trade Willis for a first round pick and an OL. You can't have it both ways, and no computer can be programmed to "care" about certain bytes over other certain bytes...it is Patrick Willis to you, but to the AI, it is just a number. Now, you could institute an "essentials" tag, meaning he can never be traded or released, but then you are also messing with Free Agent logic, and also making it that the player (you) would never be able to trade for or sign him, either. So the only way to play with Willis is be the 49ers, essentially. I would prefer zero trades over ridiculous ones.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Listen, I am sure that it is an easy fix. however, then, the same people that want it in, will be the same people that cry "BUT THAT TRADE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN DUR!" when the 49ers trade Willis for a first round pick and an OL. You can't have it both ways, and no computer can be programmed to "care" about certain bytes over other certain bytes...it is Patrick Willis to you, but to the AI, it is just a number. Now, you could institute an "essentials" tag, meaning he can never be traded or released, but then you are also messing with Free Agent logic, and also making it that the player (you) would never be able to trade for or sign him, either. So the only way to play with Willis is be the 49ers, essentially. I would prefer zero trades over ridiculous ones.
Madden on Last gen had an "IMP" rating for "Importance" I don't know how it was calculated, but it was done pretty well.

It was also really good for rookies with low OVR ratings but who were picked in early rounds of the draft. If you wanted to trade for that rookie QB with a 78 OVR that Team X drafted with their first round pick, the game saw more than just a 78 OVR QB. It saw the importance rating as well. I think the player roles of "Future star/First round pick/Franchise QB" added bonuses to the IMP rating. There was also a "Fan Favorite" role as well.

There should be no limit on what roles a player earns and if they have certian key role like Fan Favorite or what not, maybe make that player "untradeable" or something, unless that player also is disgruntled, which was part of the player moral.

One of the problems with Madden franchise mode was and still is, is how it is built for the 4-3 defense. Teams that run the 3-4 are happy to cut down to 2 MLBs and load up with like 5 DTs... because that is what 4-3 teams do. They will also draft/sign 4-3 DEs and start them over traditional 3-4 ends.

If you want a realistic franchise, you are going to have to put the work in... until EA does.

This is also where the "Patrick WIllis trade" would happen in Madden. See, they also have NaVorro Bowman, a MLB who goes up to a 95-97 or so OVR in franchise mode after new season of Madden 12. If the AI made trades, instead of keeping an elite linebacker core, it would probably let Bowman go into free agency or trade him, thinking that the 49ers are running a 4-3 and don't need two elite MLBs... or it might trade the "older" Willis away.

My proposed solution: Create CPU trade logic, add more player roles, spcificlally off-the-field roles that have an impact on trades, and for the love of all that is good and right in this world, acknowledge that some teams [about half the league] plays the 3-4 defense.

There is so much more strategy to football that Madden just doesn't have. I wish there was a deep strategy code in the game.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »