Home

vgrevolution madden 13 hands on

This is a discussion on vgrevolution madden 13 hands on within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: vgrevolution madden 13 hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In addition to these questions I was also wondering if you saw the player lineups screen? I heard this year they are supposed to be tiered by position and not 5 random guys on each side of the ball. Did you notice this?
Your talking about "Here is the defense" 'Here is the Offense" broadcast graphic? It was the same, but there could have been graphics missing as elements were mis-aligned, so it's possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
Your talking about "Here is the defense" 'Here is the Offense" broadcast graphic? It was the same, but there could have been graphics missing as elements were mis-aligned, so it's possible.
Yeah the starting lineup graphics, I tweeted Mike Young about it and he said that lineups were tiered this year, I also think he mentioned it in the webcast. Maybe they didn't have it in the build you played though, should have been all 11 players on each side of all the ball, tiered position by position.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

One more question do they actually say the players names now during the play by play? I'd like to hear
"Rodgers drops back to pass, throws it over the middle, caught by Jennings at the 10, to the 5, Touchdown Green Bay, Greg Jennings with the great catch over the middle and he takes it in for 6". Instead of " He drops back to pass, he throws it over the middle, touchdown Green Bay.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

hmmmmmm, the more I read, the more discouraged im getting. I like that the players move better and the physics seem more fluid, that was huge for me this year, but it seems we've seen the best as far as presentation goes. I do like the better commentary, CBS like broadcast, but If thats it then it looks like we'll have to wait again for Madden 14 to hopefully get a real halftime and post game show, a weekly sportscenter type show that actually talks about whats going on around the league, etc. Sounds more like the usual updates that EA does every year. I beggining to realize not to expect much more than what we've already seen. (*sigh)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
hmmmmmm, the more I read, the more discouraged im getting. I like that the players move better and the physics seem more fluid, that was huge for me this year, but it seems we've seen the best as far as presentation goes. I do like the better commentary, CBS like broadcast, but If thats it then it looks like we'll have to wait again for Madden 14 to hopefully get a real halftime and post game show, a weekly sportscenter type show that actually talks about whats going on around the league, etc. Sounds more like the usual updates that EA does every year. I beggining to realize not to expect much more than what we've already seen. (*sigh)
Well we haven't heard anything about Franchise or Connected Careers yet, so they may have some kind of weekly wrapup show planned for that. As long as we hear the commentary talking about what's happening around the league and playoff picture, who's hot, who's not, those are the kind of things that will keep my attention and make me want to play through a season. Nba 2k is great about that and they don't have a weekly studio show.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
This last bolded part should actually read, "... except for the ball carrier, he is weightless and has the ability to make 90 degree cuts leaving the defense behind and having you jump for joy as you rip off your 5th 80 yard TD run in the first half with Darren McFadden."
This is too funny and sadly true.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #31
Banned

pats3912's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well we haven't heard anything about Franchise or Connected Careers yet, so they may have some kind of weekly wrapup show planned for that. As long as we hear the commentary talking about what's happening around the league and playoff picture, who's hot, who's not, those are the kind of things that will keep my attention and make me want to play through a season. Nba 2k is great about that and they don't have a weekly studio show.

I agree, theres alot that im psyched for with what they've shown us. They have touched on most of the major complaints from last year which was a decent game to play. Its just seems with all the talk about doubling the size of the development team, all the hidden gameplay footage and hidden presentation elemts that their not letting us see, it just seems like the Madden Hype is striking again. That video with the gameplay in the background really made me realize that not much has changed other than the commentary and the usual added animations and tuning of the collision system, etc.

The snapshots they are showing us is making me belive this is a trick they are playing with us so we dont see the whole thing play out and realize its not that big of an upgrade to the presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
Banned

pats3912's Arena

If you read between the lines of what magaman is saying, you can tell his tone is more like "well the animations feel better, the OL\DL is sort of the same but better, the players cut better, the tackling seems more realistic, the spin moves and running animations arn't as drastic and seem more realistic, ho hum........" Doest exactly sound like this guy is jumping for joy or saw anything that made his jaw drop.

I'm begginging to think the guys at community day were fed a bunch of BS with all this CBS presentation stuff that got them all excited just like their doing to us right now, only to be let down when 8/28/2012 arrives.

Last edited by pats3912; 05-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »