Home

vgrevolution madden 13 hands on

This is a discussion on vgrevolution madden 13 hands on within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: vgrevolution madden 13 hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The only opinion that matters is your own and I just don't have enough of one from a webcast and previews to declare 13 is da bomb or it bombed.

Maybe by E3 or when the demo drops is when I'll have a better feel for it.

Taz, that might have been true for the last several years, but in all fairness, there are some new people in charge that seem to be pushing for sim football.

If you are right for 13 like it's been for the last several years, I'll be the first to acknowledge you.

So far, I like the changes, no one else has to agree.
I played m12 A LOT because I ran a successful league. We had a lot of fun due to the league. However, we got burned out after 4 seasons. Mostly due to the issues of the game. There are just too many gameplay problems that prevent the game from being realistic to where you can play it for very long. Guys who are big time Madden guys are going to play it regardless just because it's Madden. They love it and more power to them. For me, I need significant improvement and a major jump in order for me to get involved with it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I certainly can't speak for CM, Rynoaid, or any other CD fella that posts here. But I expect to have a lot of fun with M13 as I've had with M12.

For those people who found little to no enjoyment from M10, M11, or M12, then it would be naive to expect M13 to knock their socks off. We have to be realistic here.

At the end of the day, regardless of the improvements, the identity is still going to be Madden. Sports games don't change radically year to year. They improve, and if improvement is not enough for one's enjoyment, tough titty ...
Heres' my main thing though:
Your thoughts are good as far as "as long as it keeps improving etc.."

What keeps Madden IMO out of that realm is the fact they alienated their fans by NOT improving for so long. Fluff after fluff designed to do nothing more than try and hide major flaws.
Yes I see improvements being made now (thank God for the new people!!) and that's great but I think it's going to take more than a couple years to get the sour taste out of a lot of gamers mouths in regards to Madden. Most will keep on the same agenda of hating just to hate and that's too bad...

I am excited to see what 13 holds as a final product...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I played m12 A LOT because I ran a successful league. We had a lot of fun due to the league. However, we got burned out after 4 seasons. Mostly due to the issues of the game. There are just too many gameplay problems that prevent the game from being realistic to where you can play it for very long. Guys who are big time Madden guys are going to play it regardless just because it's Madden. They love it and more power to them. For me, I need significant improvement and a major jump in order for me to get involved with it this year.
Understand your position. I quit NCAA and Madden earlier than ever last year.

To me, that doesn't mean automatically 13 is going to be a slight improvement over 12 at this time. I need more time with it.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
What keeps Madden IMO out of that realm is the fact they alienated their fans by NOT improving for so long. Fluff after fluff designed to do nothing more than try and hide major flaws.
Yes I see improvements being made now (thank God for the new people!!) and that's great but I think it's going to take more than a couple years to get the sour taste out of a lot of gamers mouths in regards to Madden. Most will keep on the same agenda of hating just to hate and that's too bad...
Oh indeed, I certainly agree with that.

I'm the first to say people have varying levels of expectations and unique perspectives.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
If you read between the lines of what magaman is saying, you can tell his tone is more like "well the animations feel better, the OL\DL is sort of the same but better, the players cut better, the tackling seems more realistic, the spin moves and running animations arn't as drastic and seem more realistic, ho hum........" Doest exactly sound like this guy is jumping for joy or saw anything that made his jaw drop.

I'm begginging to think the guys at community day were fed a bunch of BS with all this CBS presentation stuff that got them all excited just like their doing to us right now, only to be let down when 8/28/2012 arrives.
I won't lie it's gotta be hard on sports devs every year. There is only so much you can change year to year. That being said, overall I really enjoyed the game so far. And I'm more excited about it after spending time with it. I'm really curious to see where they take the modes. If I had to name one thing that blew me away with the demo, it would be the graphics (lighting, camera, etc.) the game looks a lot better this year. I think the last couple years they made some great strides in the physics (movement, tackles etc) that it's hard to be jumping up and down. Compared to last year it's not as big of a step, compared to 11 it's a big step.

I've always felt that every other year has been a good upgrade path for Madden, with last year being the possible pass year, and this year being the year to upgrade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #46
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So, in your opinion, is there a decent chance I will be able to enjoy M13 far longer than M12 or no?
That's tough to answer b/c you're on the fence. I've seen you tear Madden down for its perceived lack of NFL parameters, and I've also witness you recently become the ambassador of optimism and hope. I have a pulse on some guys, but I don't for you sir.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
I won't lie it's gotta be hard on sports devs every year. There is only so much you can change year to year. That being said, overall I really enjoyed the game so far. And I'm more excited about it after spending time with it. I'm really curious to see where they take the modes. If I had to name one thing that blew me away with the demo, it would be the graphics (lighting, camera, etc.) the game looks a lot better this year. I think the last couple years they made some great strides in the physics (movement, tackles etc) that it's hard to be jumping up and down. Compared to last year it's not as big of a step, compared to 11 it's a big step. I've always felt that every other year has been a good upgrade path for Madden, with last year being the possible pass year, and this year being the year to upgrade.
What I appreciate about this is your honesty. Finally, someone able to show some objectivity and the honest truth. I won't be purchasing Madden 13. Most likely my football gaming days are coming to an end. However, maybe someday in the future we will get a Madden that has that WOW factor that we've all been clamoring for.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
What I appreciate about this is your honesty. Finally, someone able to show some objectivity and the honest truth. I won't be purchasing Madden 13. Most likely my football gaming days are coming to an end. However, maybe someday in the future we will get a Madden that has that WOW factor that we've all been clamoring for.
When was the last year you bought? Like I said I've been an every other year up-grader. It will be interesting to see what changes are made to the modes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »