Home

Madden 13 - Want Ability For Situational Down Substitutions

This is a discussion on Madden 13 - Want Ability For Situational Down Substitutions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 13 - Want Ability For Situational Down Substitutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiepats89
Even just something like the custom packages they had in the ps2 days would be a big help, so many times I've had an idea for a personnel group from a formation but haven't been able to do it.
I think custom packages (something I've been advocating for a while) is closer to what the OP was referring to, and not formation subs. Formation subs, even the ones in NCAA that you can set before a game, are all but worthless to situationally.

I wanted to create a pass rushing front in Nickel Normal with my best pass rushers, one of them being a tweener LB I found with 93 PMV. But if you do that with formation subs, then every time you go to the Nickel Normal formation, even if you change packages, the front will stay the same. You're stuck with it until you manually take someone out of the game.

Custom packages alleviated all of that in the PS2 days. You could set up whatever personnel you want, and then change personnel groups just by flipping the right stick.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm wondering what will happened with the depth charts as well. The Jets said Tebow will be the punt protector and QB 2 on the chart, which is not a position allowed at punt protector in Madden's current system, so this has to be implemented for this to work properly for Jet users.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 13

Unfortunately it's probably wayyy too late to have this in Madden 13 unless they were already planning to do it.

In any case, formation subs in the coaching scheme menu would be amazing, but for situational subs I would rather they do it through depth charts.

When you're looking at a team's depth chart, you should be able to press a button to enter advanced/situational depth charts. You would then be able to edit your depth chart for specific situations such as 3rd/4th and short or 3rd/4th and long. You would also be able to set a special teams depth chart, so you would actually have positions like gunner, field goal holder, and kick return blocker. These different depth charts would use different attributes to auto-arrange players. Gunners, for example, would likely be judged on speed, pursuit, block shed and tackle. 3rd and long linemen would be judged on pass rushing ability.

Another thing they NEED to do if they add this is get rid of the positional limits on depth charts. Any player of any position should be able to be on the depth chart for any other position.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »