Home

Madden NFL 13 Videos - ESPN Mark Schlereth Talks Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Videos - ESPN Mark Schlereth Talks Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #73
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 13 Videos - ESPN Mark Schlereth Talks Presentation and Gameplay

Love what I'm seeing. Progress is being made finally so as long as it's an ongoing this with Madden I'll be happy.
Getting pretty excited for release.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Im more excited for this game than I ever been. Visually it looks great. Hopefully Connected Careers has depth.
Commentary was one of my biggest non-gameplay issues. I cant wait for May 14 and June 4
Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
. I also am looking forward to hearing about the new connected careers mode and what this new monumental change to gameplay will be on June 4th.

So shoot me, I'm excited about Madden 13, and I've been playing Madden longer than almost anyone on here.
I was referencing mainly the extensive sue of cutscenes which to me doesn't affect actual gameplay. Most of the time, that's something people will be skipping after a few games.

The idea of "monumental change" in gameplay is brought up every year around this time.

More than likely if you liked past Maddens you will like this one and if you didn't you probably still won't. I just haven't seen anything that would persuade someone either way. Good or bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 13

Just a few comments on these videos -

- I feel nauseous. That camera man had some type of palsy.
- Also, quite hilarious how sweaty the gameplay guy was
- I like the new pregame stuff, but the player models still look awful. I would be pissed if I was Ryan Grant. And it looks like everyone is wearing giant chest plates. Is that what the art designer sees when he watches the NFL? He may need glasses.
- I wonder how much time was spent on that stupid menu crap. That is pointless fluff that time and money goes into. I just don't understand the priorities.
- I may be alone in this, but motion blur looks stupid. I don't think it adds realism at all. Maybe I'll like it when I play it myself. Everything I've seen so far though - don't like it.
- Whoever at EA decided to not include the ability to save images from replays (a la NCAA) should be punched in the face. Why spend so much time/effort/money on lighting if it can't really be appreciated?

Not to be a negative nancy, but these videos didn't impress me at all. I'll still probably by the game eventually because I'm an idiot, but overall I'm disappointed with what I've seen so far.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 9

lol at 4:08 after the touchdown it says 2nd and -35
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm hoping for big things in regards to this "monumental change" to gameplay, but don't forget..."this will change how you play Madden forever" turned out to be Communities.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #79
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Graffitti x
did anybody else notice the physics @ like 1:55 when the ravens tackled benson?..

I noticed a few tackles that had some physic looking animations. I beggining to think that its not gonna be a full out game with ragdoll physics, but it some instances they are working it into the game. Its a work in progress.

This was the first thing that jumped out at me that some of the tackles looked like the players had limp limbs when falling but everybody on here turned this thread into a bashing thread on the running animations. I think there is some positives to be seen with these videos.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
LOL, one thing Madden does right is Marketing. Nothing about that video looked impressive to me nor does having Schlereth add any authenticity but some people will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Not to mention most of the scenes in the first video were not angles you would see in actual gameplay. For the life of me I can not see how someone gets excited by cutscenes and video of CPU vs CPU gameplay.
what do you care what other people like...or buy......

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »